WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cool 60s Psychadelic tunes

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
And of course one of my all time favorites, and the song that always takes me back to the fist love....

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Born in the late 70’s but was raised on this music. Dad would bfire up the record player and crank it up, still love it today.

This song always reminds me of a girl l was dating that would absolutely go off in the back of my panel van when l took her to the drive-in on a Saturday night:D.

This song really made her totally uninhibited and for the price of a coke and burger at the Skippy bar she was yours, while you had the stamina :oops:. Hell l loved the late 70's when l was a young buck :D.

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...LSD...and various other chemicals...probably the biggest reason music changed in the ‘60’s...

...Why am I somewhat cognizant of the psychedelic era???...I think somebody may have spiked the punch???...

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Any 60’s music discussion isn’t complete without mentioning The Shocking Blue.
Mariska Veres (RIP) launched many a young man into puberty!
Although “Venus” was their smash hit, I’ve always considered “Send me a postcard” their best song.

90988F97-AC14-4D98-B76F-7AE2BA132330.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Any 60’s music discussion isn’t complete without mentioning The Shocking Blue.
Mariska Veres (RIP) launched many a young man into puberty!
Although “Venus” was their smash hit, I’ve always considered “Send me a postcard” their best song.

View attachment 740540
...Fooled me???...if somebody were to ask me I would’ve said shocking blue was probably from the 70s or 80s... but ...I ain’t all that smart???...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
...Fooled me???...if somebody were to ask me I would’ve said shocking blue was probably from the 70s or 80s... but ...I ain’t all that smart???...

Send me a postcard was recorded by The shocking blue in 1968.
“Venus” was released on their 1969 album.

Granted, they weren’t well known in the US until later.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...A tearjerker of a 60’s rock movie...Sweetwater...

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Anybody who is anti drug should be required to throw away ALL of their music collection and be forced to listen to Pat Boone 24-7 because all the best music, including metallica, was creqted when they were real fucking high. When musicians sober up, their music sux period. There, I said it. Drugs are good for a few things and creativity is one of them.