WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cool Deck - Havasu.

DWC

Reaction score
Anyone have a contact to do some touch up on our Cool deck? I’ve got a few areas that need repair.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Subscribed

Reactions: DWC

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I know when we were doing up our backyard I was told by several to NOT go concrete w/ cooldeck as the minerals in the dirt out here come thru and ruin the bond between the two. We went travertine. I don't know if this is case or not but it was what I was told. I do know that our neighbors have had their cool deck repaired twice in the 7 years we've been here. So to your question, can it be repaired at all and not fail???

DWC

Reaction score
I know when we were doing up our backyard I was told by several to NOT go concrete w/ cooldeck as the minerals in the dirt out here come thru and ruin the bond between the two. We went travertine. I don't know if this is case or not but it was what I was told. I do know that our neighbors have had their cool deck repaired twice in the 7 years we've been here. So to your question, can it be repaired at all and not fail???
Unfortunately, I’d guess it won’t hold up more than a 3-5 years. It’s only one area that has severe issues. I don’t mind cleaning up the old mess with a scraper/grinder. I know I’m terrible at drywall/stucco patches. I don’t want to add this to my list. Its roughly an 8x10’ area that I’m hoping to redo rather than the entire backyard.

Reactions: DLC

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
100%. My parents have had their place with cool deck since 94. Every 10 years it needs to be redone. The alkali in the concrete causes the spalling

FishSniper

Reaction score
Was told the same and did travertine also. Friend has older cool deck he constantly chasing areas cracking.

DLC

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I’d guess it won’t hold up more than a 3-5 years. It’s only one area that has severe issues. I don’t mind cleaning up the old mess with a scraper/grinder. I know I’m terrible at drywall/stucco patches. I don’t want to add this to my list. Its roughly an 8x10’ area that I’m hoping to redo rather than the entire backyard.
Can you add rock & a French drain in the bad area to help move the water away faster?
maybe just along the edge of the concrete then tie it into an existing drain line

DWC

Reaction score
Can you add rock & a French drain in the bad area to help move the water away faster?
maybe just along the edge of the concrete then tie it into an existing drain line
The cool deck is failing near the house. I’d have to tear out the slab under the patio cover. Short term is a touch up. Long term, hit the lotto and go to travertine.

DWC

Reaction score
This isn’t directed to DWC ….

I don’t know why they don’t add a vapor barrier to help combat this problem
Not sure either. Kinda a pain in the ass. Guessing the builder was doing builder things. Setting them up and knocking them out. They weren’t worried about long term issues.

DLC

Reaction score
Do you have rain gutters?

maybe redirect down spouts.

DLC

Reaction score
Ok what about cold joints / expansion joints

if there is an expansion joint water can get thru & soak the ground below

Good Stuff

Reaction score
The cool deck is failing near the house. I’d have to tear out the slab under the patio cover. Short term is a touch up. Long term, hit the lotto and go to travertine.
The travertine doesn’t cost as much as the labor. 🤣🤣 we seriously lucked out with our pool build and they ate the labor for our expanded patio since they sold a bunch of pools on bringing people over to our yard while they were finishing up. Pool guy said counting himself he had 6 of our pool exactly under construction within 2 months of finishing ours.

DLC

Reaction score
The travertine doesn’t cost as much as the labor. 🤣🤣 we seriously lucked out with our pool build and they ate the labor for our expanded patio since they sold a bunch of pools on bringing people over to our yard while they were finishing up. Pool guy said counting himself he had 6 of our pool exactly under construction within 2 months of finishing ours.
Pics ……

or
Post a link to your build thread

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Pics ……

or
Post a link to your build thread
Everyone is asleep. I’ll post some freshies in the morning. I am far too many old fashioneds and martinis into tonight to try a photo shoot in the backyard. Here’s the “build thread” I should have bet @ONE-A-DAY $1k that the pool would be ready when quoted I would have made money. Final total counting propane tanks was $78k

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Everyone is asleep. I’ll post some freshies in the morning. I am far too many old fashioneds and martinis into tonight to try a photo shoot in the backyard. Here’s the “build thread” I should have bet @ONE-A-DAY $1k that the pool would be ready when quoted I would have made money. Final total counting propane tanks was $78k

Did you bring the dogs?

DLC

Reaction score

Ok I remember your build ! Looks amazing!

your travertine looks fantastic!

nice clean look

DWC

Reaction score
Bump, any other contacts? The other place hasn’t returned any calls.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Bump, any other contacts? The other place hasn’t returned any calls.
I didn't deal with them direct, but my contractor used AZ Sun Decking. The owner and crew were personable and did a great job coating our observation deck. No Idea their rates, but they have been in Havasu for 28 years. 928 855 6458.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I didn't deal with them direct, but my contractor used AZ Sun Decking. The owner and crew were personable and did a great job coating our observation deck. No Idea their rates, but they have been in Havasu for 28 years. 928 855 6458.
Rick did ours, he's a friend of my mom. Very high quality of work, would 100% recommend him.

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
We redid our cool deck last year. It was 20 yrs old and only a couple areas were in need of repair, and one of those was a wood splitting accident (LOL-alcohol involved). I probably wouldn’t have even done it but we redid the pool At the same time. We used Curb Appeal and were very happy

fishing fool

Reaction score
457E97A5-31FC-4379-8E0B-22730F7E08C0.png

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We have Cool Deck and it has held up very well. Along with a pool replaster by Big Blasters, we also did a Cool Deck refurb with Associated Concrete. They each did a good job. That was about 5 years ago. Have no idea of the cost now. But I’m damned sure it’s gone up a bunch.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I earlier recommended AZ Sun Decking, but I've also used Associated Concrete for other projects, Dan Watson is top notch and would highly recommend him for any type of work he does.