WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cool hitch

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I'd have to see how they're assembled before buying....too many manufacturers of stuff these days don't know the difference between a bolt and a pin.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I fail to understand why hitches like these are better than a traditional drop hitch or a steel version of the original aluminum adjusting hitch. First off they are heavy and take up a bunch of room. Bulky and too many moving parts. Then they are usually very expensive. I have a setup I paid $300 in total, adjustable, handles 2", 2-5/16", pintle, and takes up very little room.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Quick glance - what is their value proposition over a typical drop hitch?

lbhsbz

Reaction score
The only hitches I own are ones I've found on the side of the road....or came in used shit that I've bought. I think I'm up to 13 now. I have them everywhere...a couple in each truck, some in the "hitch pile", and I'm sure there are a couple in the planter at the front of the house in case I'm too lazy to walk in the back to find one should the truck not happen to have one in it when I need one.

What's with all these boutique hitches?

530RL

Reaction score
I’ve got a multiple height adjustable hitch from etrailer as with three trailers they all use a different height. Better than three hitches.

These from the OP look nicer and are not much more than what I have.

Probably worth a serious look if I was looking for a new multiple height hitch?
F64B06D6-40EE-4F97-976C-2BD16D17140F.jpeg

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
All I see is more points of possible failure and it sticking off the back of the truck 2'.
Cool factor and towing safety don't go together in my opinion.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The only hitches I own are ones I've found on the side of the road....or came in used shit that I've bought. I think I'm up to 13 now. I have them everywhere...a couple in each truck, some in the "hitch pile", and I'm sure there are a couple in the planter at the front of the house in case I'm too lazy to walk in the back to find one should the truck not happen to have one in it when I need one.

What's with all these boutique hitches?

Some of these manufacturers are making it way to complicated. Like mine has a built in scale that I could give 2 shits about.
I got mine because it’s rated fir more than the truck can handle. It has a huge amount of adjustment in height, it has to balls (stainless), you can lock the adjustable piece so nothing can get stolen and it flips around like the B&W do you don’t bust you knee on it.

No more pile of hitches.

And I got mine for like $250. Sure as hell wouldn’t pay much more. Definitely not $500 like the posted above.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Looks like a TOTAL waste of money and weight. I got this Curt a few years ago. At 14k it'd over any of my half tons' capabilities. It is nice and at the time I got it for about $130. Can't go wrong. They make locking pins for it too. I just haven't bought them yet. Not much of a need yet.

CURT 45900 Adjustable Trailer Hitch Ball Mount, 2-Inch Receiver, 6-Inch Drop, 2 and 2-5/16-Inch Balls, 14,000 lbs , Black https://a.co/d/7DU8Vtc

Apex svt

Reaction score
I went the Bulletproof route. Solid steel, pins hold it in place, easy adjustability, rated 22k, good tolerances.

Less moving parts the better.

I had aluminum rapid hitches, they get worn out and sloppy.

Buddy has a badass B&W, it’s now worn out and sloppy.

Bulletproof still the same as day one. Figured I’d buy it once and never have to worry.
F17581C4-F0BE-41F7-962D-9A46C18A474F.jpeg
9E88758C-D4EF-47FA-8AE8-07C300A1649F.jpeg

Carlos90041

Reaction score
I went the Bulletproof route. Solid steel, pins hold it in place, easy adjustability, rated 22k, good tolerances.

Less moving parts the better.

I had aluminum rapid hitches, they get worn out and sloppy.

Buddy has a badass B&W, it’s now worn out and sloppy.

Bulletproof still the same as day one. Figured I’d buy it once and never have to worry.
View attachment 1166736 View attachment 1166737
I have this same hitch. With 3 locking pins. It’s bad ass!

But, the powder coating chipped off the ball after 1 use and is starting to rust. Ball is not covered under warranty for obvious reasons.

Just thought it would last longer.

Apex svt

Reaction score
I have this same hitch. With 3 locking pins. It’s bad ass!

But, the powder coating chipped off the ball after 1 use and is starting to rust. Ball is not covered under warranty for obvious reasons.

Just thought it would last longer.
When did you buy it?

Mine has been In service for a year, powder coat is off the ball.

The old man’s has been in service for 4 years, little to no wear.

I grease it up so not to worried, but now I’m curious if something changed on the powder process.

Enen

Reaction score
I've got the 3" Rhino hitch on my Super Duty. It does the job well. Raising and lowering it is much easier than the B&W's I've had in the past.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.jpeg
    IMG_0927.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Carlos90041

Reaction score
When did you buy it?

Mine has been In service for a year, powder coat is off the ball.

The old man’s has been in service for 4 years, little to no wear.

I grease it up so not to worried, but now I’m curious if something changed on the powder process.
It’s fairly new. Bought it in May of 2022.