WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cool river runner

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Normally I would say no because of the yammi motors but a yammi just won the Parker enduro. Still looks like a ton of work. Is that the Hawaiian tunnel mold?

rvrrun

Reaction score
If it's on PBL, the chances that it's actually available for sale are about 0%.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's older than dirt, but for 14K? That still seems like it could be a fun little boat!

RD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Normally I would say no because of the yammi motors but a yammi just won the Parker enduro. Still looks like a ton of work. Is that the Hawaiian tunnel mold?
Those older Yammis I bet are a pain in the ass to find parts for. And not many people around I bet that would know,much about them to work on them.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Those older Yammis I bet are a pain in the ass to find parts for. And not many people around I bet that would know,much about them to work on them.

A lot of folks talk shit about older stuff...but fact of the matter is, if it's still running well after 20-30 years...it'll probably continue to do so.

I love it when I hear "that shit's 30 years old and it's garbage"...meanwhile, they've replaced their newer shit 3 times because it blows up every 3 years. I'd take it all day long if I was in the market for a new boat...Yamaha's are Japanese...they're appliances...they just work.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A lot of folks talk shit about older stuff...but fact of the matter is, if it's still running well after 20-30 years...it'll probably continue to do so.

I love it when I hear "that shit's 30 years old and it's garbage"...meanwhile, they've replaced their newer shit 3 times because it blows up every 3 years. I'd take it all day long if I was in the market for a new boat...Yamaha's are Japanese...they're appliances...they just work.
Oh I'm most definitely not saying that is the case. My '86 Merc just runs day in and day out, I'm just pointing out that it would likely be bery difficult to find basic parts for that motor as I dont think I've ever seen one around before.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Buy it, run it till a yammie takes a dump. Buy 2 2.4’s off scream and fly for a few k$ and keep on truckin.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

Nope just about everything is still available for them. Very easy to work on. They are essentially a metric OMC. We have 2 shop boats that run v6 carbed yamis.

Only down side, they like to overheat on the hose. So run them in a tank.

Other than that, basic maintenance.