WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cool Toy I picked up for my son to wrench on

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Went up to Vancouver WA to spend some time with my family. Ended up picking up a 91 4Runner with a 1kz-te sub 100k mile turbo Diesel engine dropped in it... Something cool for my 19 year old to wrench on (he likes projects).

3F6B01F0-3533-4412-A04B-2379FE22827D.jpeg

Last edited:

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Turbo diesel? You got my attention, do tell!?!?
My son knows a lot more about these than I do, but look up the Hi Lux/Surf. They were overseas only, but they’ve been imported—many are right hand drive.

In the case of this one, my uncle bought the engine and transmission and dropped them into a US 4Runner. 4 cylinder 3.0, 145 hp, but like 220+ torque. The fucker is quick.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
My son knows a lot more about these than I do, but look up the Hi Lux/Surf. They were overseas only, but they’ve been imported—many are right hand drive.

In the case of this one, my uncle bought the engine and transmission and dropped them into a US 4Runner. 4 cylinder 3.0, 145 hp, but like 220+ torque. The fucker is quick.

Hmm.. that's fukn rad!! I may have to look into this!!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Worst part of this is you had to come through OR, and then into WA. Pretty sad state of affairs. Born and raised here in the PNW (Salem OR) and now live in Camas WA (just east of Vancouver). Seeing the BS everyday is disappointing.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Worst part of this is you had to come through OR, and then into WA. Pretty sad state of affairs. Born and raised here in the PNW (Salem OR) and now live in Camas WA (just east of Vancouver). Seeing the BS everyday is disappointing.
My cousin (who facilitated the sale) lives in Camas. It’s a nice place-saw lots of American flags in his hood this summer, but I definitely stayed away from downtown Portland when I visited this summer and a couple of weeks back again.

Sucky what’s going on up there-ruining a beautiful place.