WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cooler Hack

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm a self-confessed dork . . . . and have been looking up tips on keeping ice longer & stuff with regards to coolers.
Came across one I can't take credit for and tried it out the other day and it worked out really good.
Take an old yoga mat and cut it to fit inside your cooler . . . pack your ice and throw drinks, & whatever in there.
Put the mat on top . . . then if you have stuff you want 'cool' not cold, throw that on top of the mat . . . keeps you from diggin. and lessens the dead-air space for the ice.
Seemed to keep the ice longer, and my sandwiches weren't soggy from floating in water.
That is all.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Sandwich in cooler hack. Instead of squeezing the air out of your zip-lock, double bag and leave the outer one full of air. Then they always float on top. Only took me 50 years to figure that one out.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I'm a self-confessed dork . . . . and have been looking up tips on keeping ice longer & stuff with regards to coolers.
Came across one I can't take credit for and tried it out the other day and it worked out really good.
Take an old yoga mat and cut it to fit inside your cooler . . . pack your ice and throw drinks, & whatever in there.
Put the mat on top . . . then if you have stuff you want 'cool' not cold, throw that on top of the mat . . . keeps you from diggin. and lessens the dead-air space for the ice.
Seemed to keep the ice longer, and my sandwiches weren't soggy from floating in water.
That is all.

We do kind of the same but we use our ice bags instead of a yoga mat. And you can then use the ice bags to put your empties and trash in!! I give that idea "credit" to my wife.

She also came up with another when we used to race. Put a trash bag in the oil drain bucket(she was responsible for changing oil) lift the bag out when done and toss it.. easiest clean up ever.. kinda pissed me off the first time she did it because I didnt ever think of that🤣🤣

Why I keep her around😜

500bbc

Reaction score
Works with a shop vac too.
We do kind of the same but we use our ice bags instead of a yoga mat. And you can then use the ice bags to put your empties and trash in!! I give that idea "credit" to my wife.

She also came up with another when we used to race. Put a trash bag in the oil drain bucket(she was responsible for changing oil) lift the bag out when done and toss it.. easiest clean up ever.. kinda pissed me off the first time she did it because I didnt ever think of that🤣🤣

Why I keep her around😜

2Driver

Reaction score
Put the mat on top . . . then if you have stuff you want 'cool' not cold, throw that on top of the mat . . . keeps you from diggin.

LOL I‘d just go ahead with a new yoga mat.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you fellers have a heavily used yoga mat for available? I'm willing to pay for shipping if necessary... Haha gross🤮

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you fellers have a heavily used yoga mat for available? I'm willing to pay for shipping if necessary... Haha gross🤮

My wife is a certified yoga instructor🤷🏻‍♂️

Just sayin..🤣