WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cooler Weather Camping and SxS Spots

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Trying to put together a last minute labor day trip with my brother in law, trying to find a place where we can camp and ride in some cooler weather. I am in Phx and he is in Anaheim, was thinking Idyllwild or Arrowhead areas but have zero tribal knowledge of places to go. Any input is appreciated.

DLC

Reaction score
Williams Az

Glamis North KOA it’s desert but full hookups and a pool
desert Ironwoods Ocotillo Wells Ca. full hook ups and a pool

rally around in the early evening and night rides

c_land

Reaction score
Trying to put together a last minute labor day trip with my brother in law, trying to find a place where we can camp and ride in some cooler weather. I am in Phx and he is in Anaheim, was thinking Idyllwild or Arrowhead areas but have zero tribal knowledge of places to go. Any input is appreciated.

I would skip Idyllwild, you would need to trailer to the trails, and even then, you can do all the OHV trails in a day.

Crab flats campground in Green Valley Lake Area, (Big Bear) has OHV ride in/out. I think it is a dirt road to get to the camp ground though.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Williams Az

Glamis North KOA it’s desert but full hookups and a pool
desert Ironwoods Ocotillo Wells Ca. full hook ups and a pool

rally around in the early evening and night rides

We'd be in williams if it wasn't such a haul from Anaheim for my brother in law. Would be weird going to ocotillo and not camping off pole line, but I think overall it's just too hot.

I would skip Idyllwild, you would need to trailer to the trails, and even then, you can do all the OHV trails in a day.

Crab flats campground in Green Valley Lake Area, (Big Bear) has OHV ride in/out. I think it is a dirt road to get to the camp ground though.

Appreciate the intel on Idyllwild. Crab flats looks like a good spot but idk if I want to take the RV down that road.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Coral pink Sandune‘s kanab,it
CE71DDE4-0566-4073-AD31-70E8DEFE9308.jpeg
7F15B78E-EC5B-47AE-9CAD-00F7862178B7.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Not Cooler but jus’ sayin’:

We’re doing our Labor Day Weekend Glamis trip if you want to join us.
Ya need a good generator and functional AC in your RV.
Morning and evening dune runs.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

^ this.

Bee canyon is really the only spot to ride, there is staging off hwy 74, but it's not the best. Lots of hemet meth heads ride the trail and it gets clogged quick. All the other trails including Bautista creek are for street legal vehicles

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score

Sounds amazing!!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Mammoth, it's a trek but there's lots of good stuff up there and the weather is perfect.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Our toon is not done.
So we had to do a utah trip to stay away from the heat.. it was warm up there during the day but cools off real quick when sun set's..

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Randsburg/Trona/Spangler Hills you may catch @TPC at The Joint, also Rasor Road.
It’s usually still in the low 90’s in Randsburg on Labor Day Weekend. I would say Big Bear or Silverwood would be your best bet to find somewhere cooler that’s halfway (kinda) between.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Tons of fantastic marked trails around arrowhead and big bear. I’d find a good campground there since there’s hundreds of miles of bitchin trails and it will be nice weather.

77charger

Reaction score

Ive done a few gd summer trips and they are fun no doubt.Its been a while so hopefully do one soon.Seems i have got great rides in with the group as well long morning ride and a good evening sunset ride too.

Try to wear self out to take a good nap after morning ride then hit the river to cool off helps too.