IMG_2164.jpg
IMG_2165.jpg
IMG_2166.jpg
IMG_2167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Sweet. Had a couple wrestling matches right across the street way back in the day. Enjoy the samples.

RVRKID

Reaction score
I think you only get 2 free samples but way back when we went we waited until they changed bartenders and went back up to try for more.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I heard they charge for the tour now? When I was in college nearby, it was a great place to get free drinks. Golden is a fun little city.

My brother-in-law is a retired Colorado State Patrol officer and was based in Golden for many years. Back in the day, Coors employees could drink after work at no cost. He gave out lots of DUI's to employees leaving after work. He also said that whenever they had an accident up-stream in Clear Creek, especially a fatality they had to let the Coors plan know to shut off the water supply.

beerrun

Reaction score
My buddy and I worked for crest beverage in san Diego got to go to the brewery and do a behind the scenes tour. We got to drink CL out of the tap before it went to bottling

RVRKID

Reaction score
I heard they charge for the tour now? When I was in college nearby, it was a great place to get free drinks. Golden is a fun little city.

My brother-in-law is a retired Colorado State Patrol officer and was based in Golden for many years. Back in the day, Coors employees could drink after work at no cost. He gave out lots of DUI's to employees leaving after work. He also said that whenever they had an accident up-stream in Clear Creek, especially a fatality they had to let the Coors plan know to shut off the water supply.
We did the tour for my buddies bachelor party, I was the best man, 20 something years ago. We had about 22 of us and most were Firefighters so when we walked by the employee lounge one of the guys peeked his head in and asked if we could come in. He said sure so we were in the lunch room drinking the beer from the taps that the employees get. It was such a fun time, had some girl flashing her boobs to us in the tasting room! Another day we were there we got a Suite at the Rockies game and when I set it up I ordered 20 cases of beer and they said OK. We get there and there was about 20 beers in the fridge I showed them the paper work and they started rolling it all in.

RVRKID

Reaction score
My buddy and I worked for crest beverage in san Diego got to go to the brewery and do a behind the scenes tour. We got to drink CL out of the tap before it went to bottling

I have a picture somewhere of us drinking straight out of the taps with no cups, Coors leaded tasted pretty damn good!

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I did the Miller/Coors tour in Milwaukee a few years ago. It was awesome. Tour was free and the amount of beer they give you to taste at the end of the tour was unreal.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I've always wanted to check this out but never had time when in the area.

I've done the Budweiser tour in St. Louis a couple times, i'm not even a bud drinker but that brewery is unbelievable in it's size and construction. Definitely worth the visit.

4Waters

Reaction score
I remember my first drink of flavored water :p:D.

Looks like a good time, enjoy

HavaToon

Reaction score
8D6E31C7-FEB6-453E-A330-5321805540AC.jpeg
0F0ACD55-FBB2-4C27-A5F7-A0C8D78C0C86.jpeg
64468BE0-BE27-4340-B4F0-518A7C82BF27.jpeg
Cheers! Coldest Coors light you can get, frozen tap.

tazzio

Reaction score
If your close somewhere by the brewery, ask some local how to get to the Golden Cruise, hundreds of cars bikes etc.

HavaToon

Reaction score
If your close somewhere by the brewery, ask some local how to get to the Golden Cruise, hundreds of cars bikes etc.

Just did a drive by through the show, it was really cool. Unfortunately we needed to get back to a birthday party at 2.

riverrider55

Reaction score
I retired from sales and marketing from miller coors spent 26 years with them took the profit sharing package fun time a whole lot of free beer now just coaching volleyball at my sons schools hope you enjoyed it

W.O.T

Reaction score
Awesome pics thanks for sharing these. Added to my list of places to see, since I am a semi professional Coors drinker.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Growing up in the south in the late 60's early 70's Coors was not sold east of the Rockies, at least what I was told as I never saw nor heard of it prior. Anyway my best friends family owned a major clothing store in town and his dad would order clothing by the truck load from LA. He would pay the truck driver $$ to bring him back cases of Coors (no Lite back then) and he'd store it in his private library closet ( along with a shit load of fire arms and other cool shit). If we had a weekend planned to party at "Sir Lester Lodge" (a cabin on a private lake his grandfather built in the early 40's on the family farm...that's another thread...:D) we'd grab a couple of cases and get tore up. At first they were the pull tab cans but Coors went to the tab push cans. Had the larger drinking tab then if preferd push the vent tab to pour it down. Good times back then...

s-l225.jpg

sintax

Reaction score
nice, thats a fun tour, I did that a few years back when i was there. I think what blew me away the most was the Coors Light packaging and palletizing. Your eyes can hardly keep up with how fast they're flying by

Dbroncos

Reaction score
i have broncos season tickets. every game we fly in for we always plan a trip to the brewery. now we just walk in and ask for the short tour. they guide you straight to the bar for your 3 free beers and out we go......

dryhoze1

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures!
Fun place to visit. It’s been 20 plus years since my last walk through in Golden.

Several years back , I was installing can lights throughout the house. Our house was built in 1966 . So I’m up in the attic crawling around on my hands & knees doing the wiring. In the back corner of the house above my boys room I come across 12 dead soldiers. Original pull top yellow cans perfectly preserved in the dark of the attic as the framers threw them in the corner. I left them right where I found them..
I remember the days when framers drank on the job as they worked.

Lots has changed..

cofooter

Reaction score
i have broncos season tickets. every game we fly in for we always plan a trip to the brewery. now we just walk in and ask for the short tour. they guide you straight to the bar for your 3 free beers and out we go......
Yep, short tour once you've seen it makes for a nice happy hour before you go out on the town!

X Hoser

Reaction score
Went there a few years ago. No cost and they never punched our wrist bands. Told us as long as we were behaving they'd keep pouring!

E4L

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics[emoji482]

Cdog

Reaction score
I'd like to do this with my dad. He's probably paid for their corporate jet lol!

C-2

Reaction score
Cool man, thanks for sharing.

Coors (not light) is one of the reasons I stopped drinking. It became a chore to find fresh Coors and eventually I said f*it and I stopped looking, and drinking too.