WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coors Light Special at the classic boat event

farmo83

Reaction score
Does anyone know the story of the coors light boat in the classic performance boat video ?

It looked like it had Cecil Florence name on it and he lived next door to our lake place years ago.

ridebig

Reaction score
A good friend of mine totally redid the boat. He has all the history on Cecil and the boat! It was definitely a very passionate project for him. The attention to detail is absolutely top notch. Dave should really do a build thread on this boat!

rifraf123

Reaction score
I remember when Danny got the boat. Scott really did a great job on building the tribute boat. I know Dan was disappointed when Scott had taken the boat down to the original gel and found out it wasn't the Coors Light boat. It had yellows and pinks as i recall and all the Coors light boats were Grey from Cheyenne. There is a guy that retired here to Havasu that was a crew member back in those days. He verified that all the boats that came from Cheyenne were Grey and then they added graphics. I know Dan was really fond of Cecil Florance and the nostalgia from the boats back then so he carried on with the tribute. Scott and Ron Deams really did a knock out of the park job on the boat! It's really beautiful. But who would expect anything else from Kornowskis shop! Top knotch A+ guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224_182235_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_182235_Google.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20230224_181920_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_181920_Google.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20230224_182047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_182047_Chrome.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 98

rifraf123

Reaction score
Here's the boat when Dan got it and Wheeler set up some help to run it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_213223_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_213223_Instagram.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20230528_213200_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_213200_Instagram.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 132

farmo83

Reaction score
A good friend of mine totally redid the boat. He has all the history on Cecil and the boat! It was definitely a very passionate project for him. The attention to detail is absolutely top notch. Dave should really do a build thread on this boat!
I would love to see that.

Cecil owned the place next door to our lake house in Austin texas. If memory serves he made his money in a family bakery business. His lake boat back then was a Sanger with a big 427 stroker named super sqaw. He tried to pull up 17 skiers with it once. I was a kid back then but I believe he died testing a firebird.

DRC Racing

Reaction score
I would love to see that.

Cecil owned the place next door to our lake house in Austin texas. If memory serves he made his money in a family bakery business. His lake boat back then was a Sanger with a big 427 stroker named super sqaw. He tried to pull up 17 skiers with it once. I was a kid back then but I believe he died testing a firebird.

DRC Racing

Reaction score
To anyone to doubt's this is the Coors Light Hydro. Please give Scott Kornowski a call who can verify this is the original Boat. Thanks

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
To anyone to doubt's this is the Coors Light Hydro. Please give Scott Kornowski a call who can verify this is the original Boat. Thanks
Danny, did you square up with Eddie Knox on the parts he left with you? Last we spoke you told me that you dropped them off with some Mexican guy at Eddies. The only reason I ask is I got put in the middle of this transaction and Eddie asked me about the parts.

ridebig

Reaction score
I remember when Danny got the boat. Scott really did a great job on building the tribute boat. I know Dan was disappointed when Scott had taken the boat down to the original gel and found out it wasn't the Coors Light boat. It had yellows and pinks as i recall and all the Coors light boats were Grey from Cheyenne. There is a guy that retired here to Havasu that was a crew member back in those days. He verified that all the boats that came from Cheyenne were Grey and then they added graphics. I know Dan was really fond of Cecil Florance and the nostalgia from the boats back then so he carried on with the tribute. Scott and Ron Deams really did a knock out of the park job on the boat! It's really beautiful. But who would expect anything else from Kornowskis shop! Top knotch A+ guys
Rob, would you please give it up lol. Like I said earlier, anyone doubting this is the real hull please call Scott. Rob has it out for Dan and gives him no credit. Yes Scott did the gel work and Ron built the engine. Dan did ALL the assembly and fabrication of anything that was needed. Dave should really go look at this boat and talk to all involved and do a build thread because all is documented. The smear job Rob is doing really sucks.

farmo83

Reaction score
This was Cecil lake boat named super sqaw named after his native American wife.

Attachments

• 20230604_092940.jpg
    20230604_092940.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 37

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
I have a picture somewhere that I took of the old Coors Light Boat, coming back to the pits, after it burned up in High Point N.C.
That had to be late 80's, early 90's. Thought about blowing that picture up and hanging it on the garage wall !

Bite the Bullet

Reaction score
From my old boating magazine collection...

Cecil.jpg

Last edited:

rifraf123

Reaction score
Rob, would you please give it up lol. Like I said earlier, anyone doubting this is the real hull please call Scott. Rob has it out for Dan and gives him no credit. Yes Scott did the gel work and Ron built the engine. Dan did ALL the assembly and fabrication of anything that was needed. Dave should really go look at this boat and talk to all involved and do a build thread because all is documented. The smear job Rob is doing really sucks.
Timmy, I could care less. Dan does outstanding work. He puts pride in his work and everything he touches is top knotch. Don't know what you are talking about.
I just have a different memory of the ordeal with this boat. It doesn't really matter anyways. Whatever story you fellas need to have is ok by me. I have no dog in this hunt.