WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Copper Canyon Dive!

81eliminator

Reaction score
we saw a guy jump at Copper Canyon, did a flip and entered almost feet first, never came up. he was there for his Bachelor party.
It's not worth it.

redone76

Reaction score
I’m not a small guy and had enough liquid courage in me to jump off the cliff at the lower sandbar in Parker...slapped my ponsa on the water and my feet hit bottom. Never again!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
That dude has extra large huevos.. f that shit!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
20 yrs ago my wife jumped off at copper canyon. Feet first. Just before she hit her feel moved forward a bit. Broke her tail bone. It was not a fun ride back to SD.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Lame Mojave has some Good ones.been about 15 years i used to always wear shoes

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Used to jump off this all the time as a kid.

Mom shit her pants the first time I did. I think i was about 7.
IMG_1628.JPG

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sherpa

Reaction score
HWY 70 bridge pilings on lake oroville. used a 100' ski rope to gauge depth. it didn't touch water by 5 feet.

so we've stuck to the 105' jump mark.....

ruptured eardrum for the 4th time.

shorter jumps caused severe shoulder pain (pulled my arm behind my back)

shoes are a must. even with shoes you gotta point your toes down.

ripped cheapo nylon shorts..

all in the name of fun. at the time........

I've jumped from that same point in copper canyon too.!

--Sherpa

NicPaus

Reaction score
That jump at Oroville is no joke.

Years ago we were at the truck run in Laughlin. Hiy jumped off and we had to rescue his ass and drop him off on shore. Looks like 80' or so. He would of been a statistic if my boat was not close by.

DWC

Reaction score
This wasn’t cliff jumping but it was either the night of my prom or the next night of proms aboard the Queen Mary and a guy from another school jumped from the deck and got stuck in the mud/sand (the ship no longer floats since it was moved there, the bottom of the rust bucket was filled with mud and it rests on the bottom) and was found the next morning stuck up to his armpits.
What a mother F’r of a way to go.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
If I'm going to go I'd rather be "in the saddle" ;) ..... those dives are for :"thinning the heard"

rrrr

Reaction score
There's a railroad trestle over a section of Lake Lavon (the lake is about 30 minutes from my house in Plano) that's about a quarter mile long. At the deepest point under the trestle, the water is only 20' deep, the train tracks are about 50' above the water, and that's when the lake is full.

In 2014 during a bad drought (lake was only 20% full), three teenagers jumped from the trestle at the same time. The water was less than 10' deep. Two of them were killed, the third kid is now a paraplegic.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Is that Newport Harbor's lido Island bridge? I hear thats pretty much a right of passage jump over the years.... also hear they are now stopping kids from jumping since one went through a canopy off a Duffy ha. I always got a bit nervous idling under that little bridge waiting for a teenager to drop in.

Mikes56

Reaction score
I got a great jumping story.
On a first date with a church girl at Pyramid Lake. We both jumped and when we surfaced, her right tit was out of her bikini top. I didn't tell her. Yea the first date was the last date lol.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I always thought this place was so cool in Indiana. I saw it in one of my favorite movies Breaking Away from the late 70s.

Last edited:

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Never did Copper Canyon but there used to be a spot in Rubidoux where we’d jump pretty regularly. Rumor has it it was an old rock pit and they hit water about 1000’ down but I was never able to confirm if it was true or not. I haven’t been back in over 20 years, supposedly they developed the area and built a golf course around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayniac

Reaction score
this was right by my house. I hiked this canyon a week before and the river was full. I had no idea this was even possible, well nobody did really. crazy.

We used to jump off those rocks like 30+ years ago... top one was called Jesus.. haha We called it 3 falls... Saw a guy do a belly flop off of the top one. I still mt bike in the area, and always wondered about it. I always thought they threw some dynamite in there and closed it down.