WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cops and Unemployment...

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Wicky, are you adding stuff to people's quotes to make them look bad?

No, I'm doing it to entertain myself...this is the internet...never to be taken too seriously by most, but taken way too seriously by some!!!:D

JetBoatCop

Reaction score
Wicky, are you adding stuff to people's quotes to make them look bad?

Yes he is. Some people have no respect for others and are childish, especially to make remarks like his last one. I would appreciate if that was taken down.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
This is what it's all about, Folks.

From TSN News:

Crash Deaths 25% Down
ARIZONA - Arizona Department of Public Safety authorities are convinced new tough DUI laws and more patrol officers are the reason for a new, more positive statistic - fatalities on the highways are going down.
In 2007, there were 302 fatal collisions claiming 347 lives. That's the lowest number of crashes since 1999 and the fewest deaths since 1998. Both figures are nearly 25% drops from 2006, the deadliest year ever on Arizona's highways with 480 fatalities.
Wrecks involving injury and property damages are also down. Those incidents are at the lowest in nine years.

And this is in spite of a 20% increase in AZ population during the same time period (5,130,632 in 2000, 6,166,318 in 2006-Source US Census Bureau)

My crew has one purpose. To enforce Boating laws and Safe Boating Practices. Compare us to a traffic cop, but on the water. I don't track how many tickets my guys write. I judge the success of our operation on the number of accidents we have to investigate.

We are accident statistic driven. If our crash data shows that there is an increase in boat fires and explosion, we'll emphasize Flame Arrestors and Fire Extinguishers. If we have a lot of children drowning, we hit on child PFD wear. If collisions are up, we make OUI and Reckless Operation a priority.

One stat that stands out is that in 100% of the fatal collisions occurring on the Parker Strip, one or both operators was OUI (above .08%). That is, where the operator didn't flee to avoid being caught drunk.

Back in the mid 1990s we had a lot of late night collisions and hit and runs. Some of them fatal. We started hitting the River late at night and starting hauling off drunks. Guess what. Our late night collisions and hit and runs dropped from 10-15 a year to zero.

Last year we had the lowest number of accidents on record (except for the flood year in 1983). Less than 10 total accidents. Only 1 serious injury accident and no fatals. All of this on a 12 mile/200 yard wide body of water that gets more use than Lakes Mead and Mohave. Of Arizona waterways, only Lake Havasu has more boat use than the Parker Strip.

The Bullhead City/Laughlin area has around 10% of the boat use we do, but has more than 4 times as many accidents.

That is the ONLY number that matters to me. And based on the accident data in my County, we must be doing something right.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

From TSN News:

And this is in spite of a 20% increase in AZ population during the same time period (5,130,632 in 2000, 6,166,318 in 2006-Source US Census Bureau)

My crew has one purpose. To enforce Boating laws and Safe Boating Practices. Compare us to a traffic cop, but on the water. I don't track how many tickets my guys write. I judge the success of our operation on the number of accidents we have to investigate.

We are accident statistic driven. If our crash data shows that there is an increase in boat fires and explosion, we'll emphasize Flame Arrestors and Fire Extinguishers. If we have a lot of children drowning, we hit on child PFD wear. If collisions are up, we make OUI and Reckless Operation a priority.

One stat that stands out is that in 100% of the fatal collisions occurring on the Parker Strip, one or both operators was OUI (above .08%). That is, where the operator didn't flee to avoid being caught drunk.

Back in the mid 1990s we had a lot of late night collisions and hit and runs. Some of them fatal. We started hitting the River late at night and starting hauling off drunks. Guess what. Our late night collisions and hit and runs dropped from 10-15 a year to zero.

Last year we had the lowest number of accidents on record (except for the flood year in 1983). Less than 10 total accidents. Only 1 serious injury accident and no fatals. All of this on a 12 mile/200 yard wide body of water that gets more use than Lakes Mead and Mohave. Of Arizona waterways, only Lake Havasu has more boat use than the Parker Strip.

The Bullhead City/Laughlin area has around 10% of the boat use we do, but has more than 4 times as many accidents.

That is the ONLY number that matters to me. And based on the accident data in my County, we must be doing something right.

Ahhhhh statistics...more manipulated than politicians. Ok I take that back only because DUI arrests, DUI accidents, DUI deaths, and enforcement all went up where I live. In fact, deaths doubled.

socalmoney

Reaction score
No, I'm doing it to entertain myself...this is the internet...never to be taken too seriously by most, but taken way too seriously by some!!!:D

I too am here for my own entertainment but I would never disrespect anyone on this board or any board for that matter by adding words to a quote as if they were their own. That is just not humorous in my mind. This might be the internet but there is a loose code of ethics here which you seem to not recognize.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
This might be the internet but there is a loose code of ethics here which you seem to not recognize.

Then don't post or don't read the post. There are a lot of other websites out there.
I broke no rules. Ask RiverDave.

JetBoatCop

Reaction score
Then don't post or don't read the post. There are a lot of other websites out there.
I broke no rules. Ask RiverDave.

No, when you attack someone personally that is more than just entertaining yourself. You wrote that with the intent to make myself look very bad. There is a code of ethics that most people have the decency to follow. Please do not attack me personally.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
No, when you attack someone personally that is more than just entertaining yourself. You wrote that with the intent to make myself look very bad. There is a code of ethics that most people have the decency to follow. Please do not attack me personally.

Sorry Jetboatcop...I didn't realize you were so sensitive. I appologize.

JetBoatCop

Reaction score
It's not that I'm sensitive, it's just that I think people should have a little more respect than that for another person.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
It's not that I'm sensitive, it's just that I think people should have a little more respect than that for another person.

Respect is earned. I haven't earned your respect. You haven't earned mine.:D

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Wicky,

I've debated things on the net with you since 2001, you have'nt changed people's quotes before and you should'nt now.

You're right that we all are entitled to our opinions but that is'nt cool, even for a "free" site.

You do what you have to do, but I think it takes away all credibility of what you write when you start doing that, puts you into full time troll status where no cares anymore. Doubt that's what you want.

How about getting back to weed whackers and sushi anyways? They both are wrong but flame away (except for sushi)

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score

I can't think of a more noble pursuit than saving lives. It's something to be proud of. :cool:

.... and if accomplishing this requires that RD's civil liberties are beaten down like an OGShocker radio... so be it! :D

Director...
Reaction score
I can't think of a more noble pursuit than saving lives. It's something to be proud of. :cool:

.... and if accomplishing this requires that RD's civil liberties are beaten down like an OGShocker radio... so be it! :D

Not gonna help Brown.......Soona s you deplane in LA........It's on!....:p