WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coronavirus prep

C08H18

Reaction score
Curious what the RDP crew is doing in preparation for a worse case Coronavirus scenario?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Same as always, wash hands often and for at least 30 seconds or, better yet longer. And stay home??

2Driver

Reaction score
LOL flying to Singapore in a few weeks.

Well 2000 deaths world wide, 14,000 dead in the US from standard flu. im getting out of here.

LOL The CDC and NBC told me to panic.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Drinking vodka. This is just hysteria and probably an inside job to make the market crash.

Boom lol

Then switch to red and then maybe back to another double. [emoji38] Not concerned in the least. The typical flu is much more deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C08H18

Reaction score
Influenza mortality rate is 0.03%.

I don't pay attention to the news but i do read CDC and WHO reports. The data is different with this one. Coronavirus has a Mortality rate of 3.4%, people over 65 with confirmed coronavirus have a mortality rate of 7%. The issue i see is that people with the virus are contagious for up to 30 days before showing any symptoms, and some people will never have symptoms. Unlike SARS or MERS, there isn't a screen beyond a medical test kit.

There could be worse case scenarios where outbreak areas could implement restricted travel, or voluntary quarantine. i'm not necessarily a prepper, but i did get some extra nitrile gloves and masks to have on-hand. Am i over reacting?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
A LOT more people are dying every day from Opiates and Fentanyl but this doesn’t drive ratings like the Corona Virus, SARS, Bird Flu or whatever the disease de juor is, lol. The news media is no longer an unbiased journalistic business. It’s purely profit driven, hence the big commotion over very little bullshit thing. However it is a great excuse to stock up the liquor cabinet 😂

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I copied and pasted from other thread here :

Airborne virus
You have respiratory issues already, you could be in trouble.
No respiratory issues and you survive influenza, you’ll survive this
Gotta love no one addresses the fact China has one of the highest ratios of smokers and highest level of soot in their cities. They have weakened respiratory systems, guess what happens when they get hit with a respiratory virus? Duh

Europe? Damn well 1/4 of Italy and 60% of French smoke regularly, guess what happens when they get exposed?
Common Sense , use normal precautions

jet496

Reaction score
I have a friend who turned all his stocks to bonds or cash last week & is hounding me to do the same. My problem is that more it's complicated than it seems to do this with all our accounts & I just won't know when to jump back in the market after the storm is over.

Any thoughts?

HitIt

Reaction score
A LOT more people are dying every day from Opiates and Fentanyl

Right, except you can choose not to do drugs. Its a little more difficult to choose not to get the flu.

I think this one is different. Transmissibilty, incubation period, and mortality rate are all bad. That is a really bad trifecta. While you might not die from it, it might be so bad for the older/weaker population that quarantines are put in place by gov't at some level while they figure out what the hell to do.

I bought extra masks, gloves, and goggles. Also stocked up on foods that we normally eat (basically just filled the freezer and pantry). I don't think that you need to prepare for doomsday, but preparing for something is probably a good idea. I live in CA and my earthquake prep has been on the back burner anyway.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm not doing much, I already have a few days worth of supplies. I stock up in winter here. When it snows, its dangerous to go out. My parents are already in semi quarantine because of my mothers COPD, colds and flus suck for mom! A flu could easily be deadly for her. Even with the flu shot, she goes out as little as possible. Parents are ready to stay at home for a few weeks.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Yes, they have suspended all commercial flights into and out of Parker. Although I hear @Wheeler is still flying people in one at a time for a fee as long as they weigh 200lbs or less. 😅

What I won't do for money 🤔 I know, I won't go all Ritchey Rich and shit. 🥕

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The flu fatality percentage is miniscule. Like .1%. Early estimates on Corona is 2-4%. The numbers coming out of China and Iran cannot be trusted but the numbers coming out of Italy say roughly 2.5%.

The problem with all of the numbers is the incubation period. A carrier of the virus can show no symptoms for weeks. Making the virus almost impossible to detect outside of blood screening. This makes containment difficult. It also throws the numbers into doubt because you cannot accurately put a number on the total number of cases compared to the deaths and the associated percentages may be extremely overstated.

It is safe to say of the people who have confirmed cases 2-4% die. This is more than the flu but less than Sars and meds but the virus is way more contagious than those.

The rate of spread is the largest issue as the virus can live on metal glass or plastic for as long as 9 days. China is destroying currency to prevent the spread from the Wuhan area.

They still have not located patient zero. Early reports of bat soup have turned out to be false. It is looking more like the level 4 weapons facility in Wuhan may be the source but we won't know for sure until who or the CDC are allowed in.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I find it funny the world constantly criticizes big Pharma as being evil.....then when we have a big outbreak like this who does everyone turn to? Big Pharma! My wife was told yesterday 2 of the big players in Pharma are being fast tracked by the FDA with accelerated human trials to fight the corona virus.

MSum661

Reaction score
I find it funny the world constantly criticizes big Pharma as being evil.....then when we have a big outbreak like this who does everyone turn to? Big Pharma! My wife was told yesterday 2 of the big players in Pharma are being fast tracked by the FDA with accelerated human trials to fight the corona virus.

Did she happen to mention if it's Maderna?

I'm also playing Novavax (NVAX) and went in 3 weeks ago in the low 7's.
They're hoping to win approval to start human trials for covid-19 and also are in stage 3 trials for another flu vaccine.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to thin the heard of the weak for the strong to flourish... it is what it is.

Personally, I'd like to have a disease that gets rid of people with lower intelligence, but I don't think that's ever coming.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Talked to a couple of Drs and Nurse Pract. they told me it’s all BS. Every year it’s something new. All agreed that Flu is still the worse.

HitIt

Reaction score
Talked to a couple of Drs and Nurse Pract. they told me it’s all BS. Every year it’s something new. All agreed that Flu is still the worse.

So they think that the disease that is currently spreading around the world and:
- has a mortality rate currently estimated above 2% (normal flu is 0.1%)
- has higher transmissibilty and a longer incubation time than the normal flu
- is causing 10's of millions of Chinese to be in lockdown
- caused the Chinese to build hospitals in around a week
- is causing gov'ts around the world to issue travel bans, cancel school, cancel events (Carnival in Italy)
- has prompted the CDC to say "CDC is preparing for community spread in the US" and "Disruption to everyday life might be severe "
- etc....

is BS? Sounds like it might be a little more than BS but I sure hope it is.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Anybody watch the POTUS speech tonight?
It appears the numbers of contact are not spiking. It also appears the MSM is trying to tank the economy.

4Waters

Reaction score
It's in Africa,but it did take a while.

Screenshot_20200226-194645_Chrome.jpg