WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coronavirus

Reaction score
Anyone worried yet?
I fly twice a week, and eat out all the time.
My only defense is I get a flu shot every year.
I also wash my hands more often then I use too.

Coronavirus-USA.png

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My hairstylist is coming back from mainland China tomorrow after being there for two weeks. I’m in desperate need of a haircut but fuck that, I think I’ll grow it out for awhile.

hallett21

Reaction score
We leave for Bali on Monday lol. I’m told it hasn’t gotten there yet.... fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Yeah I'm worried about our government taking a month to wise up and cut off inbound flights from the affected area WTF..... fist bumps (no hand shakes) and avoidance of public areas especially staying away from hacking sneezing, coughing people...

Reaction score
My hairstylist is coming back from mainland China tomorrow after being there for two weeks. I’m in desperate need of a haircut but fuck that, I think I’ll grow it out for awhile.

Survival rate looks promising (10,000 infected, 200 deaths). :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We leave for Bali on Monday lol. I’m told it hasn’t gotten there yet.... fingers crossed

What parts of Bali are you visiting?
Enjoy the trip, we just spent three weeks there. We have a fantastic Driver if you need one. Wife has contact with him weekly. He'll spend the whole day driving you around for ~$30-35 per day. Nice and clean(and kustomized) van.
Seriously, having a reliable driver is essential if you plan to go see the sights.

EBT531

Reaction score
I fly every week, not worried. The flu kills WAY more people. The 2019-2020 flu season isn't even over and has killed 10k people so far.

Reactions: DWC

HCP3

Reaction score
We have enough food and meds to stay put for two months. If shit gets real, I'm just going to sit it out.

What meds do you stock up on? Shelf life?

dribble

Reaction score
So far this season 8,000 people in the U.S. have died from the flu. As far as U.S. Corona Virus deaths? Nada. And 200 in a country of 1.45 billion. I’m scared shitless.

squeezer

Reaction score
We have a government mandated shutdown of one of our South China facilities. We also have limited all Asia travel except for business critical missions. Our customers are doing the same thing. The side of the business I am responsible for has not been impacted yet but could be very soon as we sell a great deal of components into China from Vietnam. If they stop producing we stop delivering...

hallett21

Reaction score
What parts of Bali are you visiting?
Enjoy the trip, we just spent three weeks there. We have a fantastic Driver if you need one. Wife has contact with him weekly. He'll spend the whole day driving you around for ~$30-35 per day. Nice and clean(and kustomized) van.
Seriously, having a reliable driver is essential if you plan to go see the sights.

Going to chat with wife and send you a PM. Thanks!

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I flew from DFW to FAT (Fresno) today. Two people had surgical masks on. Protecting themselves or the fliers? Don’t know.

we’re supposed to hit Disneyland President’s weekend, but I may postpone that. Hard to tell if this deal is overblown or not. But, I’m thinking I’d rather error on cautious side for our kids.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
If that's true, that's scary.

Yea most players are talking themselves into the facts, pretty sure it was a weapon, and it got out somehow.

I don't know, personally I read a lot of science fiction, many people believe that if can be imagined, then it could actually be created/happen in reality.

I really hope this is not a real world Progenitor virus.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I believe we as a species would suffer greatly if indeed something like a new Black Plague, or god forbid something like the T-Virus in real life got out.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Masks are for peace of mind and general germophobes.
This bug is NOT airborne. You'd have to kiss someone or touch it on a doorknob then rub your eye or lick your finger.
You cannot catch this just sitting next to someone infected unless they sneezed in your face.

MSum661

Reaction score
Scary rumors are that it more like 900,000 infected in China and 300k dead.

Darkweb is freaking.

Interactive map.
1st Screen shot taken on 1-24 (653 confirmed)
2nd Screen shot taken 5 minutes ago on 1-31 (11,374 confirmed)
I give it another 7 days and you could be right!

1-24-2020.jpg

1-31-2020.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Interactive map.
1st Screen shot taken on 1-24 (653 confirmed)
2nd Screen shot taken 5 minutes ago on 1-31 (11,374 confirmed)
I give it another 7 days and you could be right!

View attachment 840752
View attachment 840754

Scary part is there are reports of singular infections in every single large metro. Targeted or just unlucky?

I just don't trust the media anymore after the last few years. They will be claiming "everything is fine" while you hear your neighbors get eaten/infected....:eek:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I’m sitting at the Vegas airport right now. Getting kid of irritated every time someone near me coughs. I want to go home and go to sleep.

78Southwind

Reaction score
So here's the numbers reported from China. Red is the number of people that have the Coronavirus, orange is the number of suspected people that have the virus, green is the number of people that have recovered from the virus and grey is the number of deaths caused by the virus. The rumor is that China is under reporting these numbers and the real numbers are closer to 10 times these amounts. There is also a rumor that they are cremating up to 600 bodies a day.

Virus.png

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
So here's the numbers reported from China. Red is the number of people that have the Coronavirus, orange is number of suspected people that have the virus, green is the number of people that have recovered from the virus and grey is the number of deaths caused by the virus. The rumor is that China is under reporting these numbers and the real numbers are closer to 10 times these amounts. There is also a rumor is that they are cremating up to 600 bodies a day.

View attachment 840761
More have died than have survived it, not what you want to see.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
China isn't happy about the new trade deal. They figure they have enough people to just let it lose and see how the dust settles. Lol

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

nowski

Reaction score
Breaking News: AOC recommends people drink Dos Equis to avoid contracting the coronavirus.

Since the deadly coronavirus has been ravaging parts of China and making its way to the United States, US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has been promoting some simple advice to avoid contracting the disease: drink Dos Equis instead of Corona.

“People need to stop drinking Corona! I know it’s cold out there and you want to ‘find your beach’ but this could be life threatening!” Ocasio-Cortez said.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
What meds do you stock up on? Shelf life?
Prescription medication and like most people that travel for months at a time, I rotate 90 days of meds so I always have between 60-90 on hand. Nothing that I take will expire in 90 days.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Breaking News: AOC recommends people drink Dos Equis to avoid contracting the coronavirus.

Since the deadly coronavirus has been ravaging parts of China and making its way to the United States, US Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has been promoting some simple advice to avoid contracting the disease: drink Dos Equis instead of Corona.

“People need to stop drinking Corona! I know it’s cold out there and you want to ‘find your beach’ but this could be life threatening!” Ocasio-Cortez said.

She also suggested if you cant get Dos Equis, try a lime with your Corona to sooth the pain

nowski

Reaction score
She also suggested if you cant get Dos Equis, try a lime with your Corona to sooth the pain

Rumor has it she rubs the lime on that huge forehead of hers, she says it will make her brain grow...

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
If this hits the west coast its going to sweep through the homeless population like wildfire. They will spread it to everyone else.

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
Nothing to worry about, it’s been around the US long before the media whipped everyone into a frenzy. I have friends and family who are medical professionals that have treated patients with it several times over the last couple years.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about, it’s been around the US long before the media whipped everyone into a frenzy. I have friends and family who are medical professionals that have treated patients with it several times over the last couple years.
I'm not worried about since our healthcare makes rural China look like the dark ages, but....... Nothing like a dense and sickly population like rural China to Foster virus mutations.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk