WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Corporate greed?

satellitemike

Reaction score
So I'm getting gas today in the new work truck and noticed I can get a car wash w my gas purchase.
Which is the better deal, the basic or the deluxe for a buck more? LOL
why even offer the basic?
20210610_092014.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Water Romper

Reaction score
How do you know you actually get "Double" the Foam Bath for the extra dollar? Because I am soooooo damn funny about this stuff- I would do both and time it, see if its really "Double" and if its NOT- ohhh the class action law suits to be had - 🤣

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
So I'm getting gas today in the new work truck and noticed I can get a car wash w my gas purchase.
Which is the better deal, the basic or the deluxe for a buck more? LOL
why even offer the basic?
View attachment 1012082

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Look my frien......you want double foam bath or no .... People are waiting bro, move it along......

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Because some people like to spend $7.99 and some people like to spend $8.99 …

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Its a company card but I do have a conscious!
I have a company card also and use the $7 wash every once in a while. Our book keeper asked why I was putting $7 worth of drinks and snacks on the card. I told her it was for the car wash. She hasn't asked again... :p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have a company card also and use the $7 wash every once in a while. Our book keeper asked why I was putting $7 worth of drinks and snacks on the card. I told her it was for the car wash. She hasn't asked again... :p

You cheap bastard! Lol
I have a company truck, company credit card, and company gas card.
I pay the $8 car wash (car toyz) out of pocket everytime im in town.
Have you NO shame??? :cool:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
You cheap bastard! Lol
I have a company truck, company credit card, and company gas card.
I pay the $8 car wash (car toyz) out of pocket everytime im in town.
Have you NO shame??? :cool:
Its been in my contract for the last 35 years..lol 😂

BTW...When I'm in DTLA and have to pay for parking I don't turn in the receipt like we are allowed to do. It works it self out..;)

Last edited:

67Charger

Reaction score
Hey, the 5 icons are BIGGER on the $8.99 and the Foam IS double. If you're going to pay for a machine to scratch up your car, may as well get the extra lube.

Just like the Party Packs of Tacos at the Del... .89 each or 12 for $14. Go VALUE!

Xring01

Reaction score
You guys are cracking me up on this thread.
Some Creative MoFos…

Water Romper

Reaction score
All I know is that super clown is paying for the damn beer next time!!
...and regarding beer, would you get the 12 oz bottle for $4.00. or- the floating bar special- 16 oz. of draft beer for $4.50...the choices in life are just so mind boggling. 🤣
🍺🍻

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
...and regarding beer, would you get the 12 oz bottle for $4.00. or- the floating bar special- 16 oz. of draft beer for $4.50...the choices in life are just so mind boggling. 🤣
🍺🍻

Always draft...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
If your gonna rub the dirt into your car, rub it in with the best wash possible!

Water Romper

Reaction score
Always draft...
Yeah buddy, got that right- All day long on the lake, 150 degrees, its dry, hot, your hungry, all sticky from layers of lotion and sweat, been feasting on sun flower seeds for 12 hours and then- The reward, you get in a air conditioned room or at least a fan with misters, shimmy up to the bar and there it is...the holy grail of beverage, a tall, frosty mug of ice cold draft beer. BAM- who cares how much it cost. a bit of heaven, ahhhhhhhhh

Your ad here

Reaction score
I wish I could afford the $7.99 wash. Well actually I can but no one washes my truck but me. Always comes out good and the most weird thing happens every time. The seat and mirrors are in the same position and there isn't a layer of oil crap on the dash.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I go to the spray wash by my house, if i use every feature, engine soap, tire soap, pre soak, soak, wash, wash with brush, rinse low, rinse high, rainx, green wax, red wax, blue wax, no spot rinse, blower for water and add in vacuum, i could had dude across street wash it for same price, while enjoying a/c.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
I go to the spray wash by my house, if i use every feature, engine soap, tire soap, pre soak, soak, wash, wash with brush, rinse low, rinse high, rainx, green wax, red wax, blue wax, no spot rinse, blower for water and add in vacuum, i could had dude across street wash it for same price, while enjoying a/c.
I’ve gotten to the point where I just put in a call and have detailers come to house and put in a whole day on all my stuff. Why leave the house.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I’ve gotten to the point where I just put in a call and have detailers come to house and put in a whole day on all my stuff. Why leave the house.

Right. Work from home, Grocery/Food Delivery, Detail @ Home, on and On. JUST Stay and Live From Home.:confused:

hallett21

Reaction score
How long do those car washes take to recoup the initial investment?

Gotta be a lot of $8 dollar washes to pay back 50k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Right. Work from home, Grocery/Food Delivery, Detail @ Home, on and On. JUST Stay and Live From Home.:confused:
No I don’t work from home, nor order in or grocery’s ever. Just have 3 boats 2 trucks and rv and other peoples boats I work on as a side gig that need detailed. So I have a team show up and work all day and usually my stuff is getting done pretty cheap because I give them so many jobs.😉