WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cory Mac & Nordic Boats

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Just saw Cory Mac is returning to NHRA for a couple races this year with DSR. Looks like Nordic Boats is (one of) the main sponsor. Pretty cool.
58A1E657-D7ED-407D-88B1-0D2E425BD4F9.png

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
As I recall, Nordic was surviving through the recession by making fiberglass drag bodies. Pretty cool.
I didn’t hear that about Nordic, but I know Outerlimits was doing that. Wouldn’t surprise me though, I’ve heard the owner of Nordic is a Big drag racing fan.

Tank

Reaction score
I didn’t hear that about Nordic, but I know Outerlimits was doing that. Wouldn’t surprise me though, I’ve heard the owner of Nordic is a Big drag racing fan.
I'm not 100% sure. I just remember hearing that. I know OL was doing it for funny cars. I could've sworn Nordic was doing something like that as well during the crunch. I'm sure Dave could confirm.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This wouldn't be Nordic's first venture into drag car racing sponsorship -- some years ago they did a pretty aggressive campaign with John Force Racing.

Keymyster

Reaction score
Cory was one of my favorites. To bad he's racing for DSR.

westair

Reaction score
Doesn't he live in havasu or used too maybe

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Cory is a great driver, and a great person. DSR originally let him go because he didn't fit the age demographic, despite his skills, dedication to the team and sport - Fram ( as good as the quality of their product ) needed a younger driver, so even though they have no idea what they're talking about, Cory was out. I'll DEFINITELY have to have one of the 1/8th models like the one in front of him to go with the Rage. Have any of you ever cut open a Fram filter??? It's better to leave what you have on, than to replace with one of theirs!!!!!!!!!!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Cory is a great driver, and a great person. DSR originally let him go because he didn't fit the age demographic, despite his skills, dedication to the team and sport - Fram ( as good as the quality of their product ) needed a younger driver, so even though they have no idea what they're talking about, Cory was out. I'll DEFINITELY have to have one of the 1/8th models like the one in front of him to go with the Rage. Have any of you ever cut open a Fram filter??? It's better to leave what you have on, than to replace with one of theirs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pissed me off when DSR/ Fram punted him for that mealy mouth cock sucker from Gene Snows bedroom.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Money talks in sports - no loyalty, logic, or concern for safety - just the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ matters. That's what's wrong with all pro sports now

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Cory, if you're on here, show us your Nordic!!!!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Money talks in sports - no loyalty, logic, or concern for safety - just the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ matters. That's what's wrong with all pro sports now

I don't know Mac, but I’ve talked to him a few times, once at his motor home.
I think getting the chance to drive at that level again means a lot to him. Even if it’s for the Evil Empire.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
This wouldn't be Nordic's first venture into drag car racing sponsorship -- some years ago they did a pretty aggressive campaign with John Force Racing.
Yep I remember that. And Nordic built that Fram themed boat way back when to showcase at the races.

retaocleg

Reaction score
Yep I remember that. And Nordic built that Fram themed boat way back when to showcase at the races.
yep...22 evo……..had a fram wrap on it.....that boat was also in the piranha movie, one of 2 with the same graphics(pre wrap) in the movie

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score
East end of Hemet is Winchester. Snow made his money as a potato farmer in that area.

retaocleg

Reaction score
must be lots of money in potatoes in that area......I believe the owner of conquest does that too, among other things

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
must be lots of money in potatoes in that area......I believe the owner of conquest does that too, among other things
The minor family, Larry was into potatoes and onions. He was into jeeps and his son does conquest and has a few storage places in havasu

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
East end of Hemet is Winchester. Snow made his money as a potato farmer in that area.
Winchester is the west end of Hemet, I live here. The east end of Hemet is the orange groves then Idyllwyld.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Winchester is the west end of Hemet, I live here. The east end of Hemet is the orange groves then Idyllwyld.
Where at in winchester? I'm on the temecula winchester boarder off thompson

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Gotcha, my work partner owns 10 acres on that land across dominigoni from you. You will hear him playing on his private range from time to time

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Gotcha, my work partner owns 10 acres on that land across dominigoni from you. You will hear him playing on his private range from time to time
Gotcha, it’s nice in this little valley over here except for the tweeker trailers right outside of our development.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Lol. Yep. There are bitchin new homes on one block and breaking bad on the next