WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cost of tinted windows

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just got the truck ceramic tinted including the windshield for $550 with a mobile guy. He has done one other truck before. He also came back when there was an issue with one window and redid it- so seems reliable so far. I really wanted to do it in shop, but I can’t leave the house too long. He also recommended adding a ceramic layer on the suburban to protect from the heat. The suburban has carbon tint on it. I didn’t realize they could double layer it instead of remove it. Have to research that. Might just do the windshield in ceramic for $150 instead of the whole suburban. The ceramic windshield tint from the inside of the car is pretty clear despite it looking dark from the outside, unlike the carbon which darkens it from the inside as well.
5% rears
20% fronts
70% windshield
The ceramic tint in my volt helps so much. I am pretty sold on it over carbon tint with the heat reduction.

063D554B-B137-4FFB-A436-4F10EC29B19D.jpeg

73F8C1D0-2567-4A2C-A831-9561BFCDA763.jpeg

2465F112-EA6F-4E8C-9F0D-095C6E382A88.jpeg

07AFDDE4-0CEE-43D7-8191-5EE9BCEBEB5F.jpeg

bocco

Reaction score
I never quite understood the point of tinting so dark that your asking to be pulled over. Why create probable cause?

Also how do you see at night?

Reactions: DWC

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Seeing is overrated.

Especially in a Tesla, put that thing on auto-cruise and you can have limo tint all the way around.

HitIt

Reaction score
The shop I am thinking of using uses SunTek products. Specifically, this one:

Anyone have any thoughts on that mfgr?

Socalx09

Reaction score
I never quite understood the point of tinting so dark that your asking to be pulled over. Why create probable cause?

Also how do you see at night?
I have not been pulled over for just window tint. When I was younger, I had a speeding ticket, but the cops never said anything about the tint. Not too sure I’d get pulled over for just having dark tint. All the cars have pretty dark tint, so luck might just be it. I understand the consequences of the windows being illegally tinted and that I could get a ticket to remove it. I would just accept the ticket from the cop and accept the cost of removal.

For me it’s a preference on looks- since with tint technology, you can get the same heat reduction with clear tint at this point.

Seeing out of the windshield and two front sides is not a problem. I’d lower the back windows to see better at night if backing up. I will say, you can’t see anything out of the rear of the suburban at night. I just take extra time to make sure it’s clear. But, it’s only driven to the river, so it’s not a daily driver.

Socalx09

Reaction score
The shop I am thinking of using uses SunTek products. Specifically, this one:

Anyone have any thoughts on that mfgr?
The suburban has suntek with the carbon line. It still looks great after 5+ years so I imagine their ceramic line will be good as far as quality.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
"Ceramic tint" isn't all the same. You pay for quality of product and installation. I paid almost around $900 for my Super Duty - 4 windows plus the windshield, top of the line heat reduction product.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Just got the truck ceramic tinted including the windshield for $550 with a mobile guy. He has done one other truck before. He also came back when there was an issue with one window and redid it- so seems reliable so far. I really wanted to do it in shop, but I can’t leave the house too long. He also recommended adding a ceramic layer on the suburban to protect from the heat. The suburban has carbon tint on it. I didn’t realize they could double layer it instead of remove it. Have to research that. Might just do the windshield in ceramic for $150 instead of the whole suburban. The ceramic windshield tint from the inside of the car is pretty clear despite it looking dark from the outside, unlike the carbon which darkens it from the inside as well.
5% rears
20% fronts
70% windshield
The ceramic tint in my volt helps so much. I am pretty sold on it over carbon tint with the heat reduction.

View attachment 992126
View attachment 992128
View attachment 992129
View attachment 992127
Have a contact info for this guy? Do yo know what area he services? Im in San Dimas.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Have a contact info for this guy? Do yo know what area he services? Im in San Dimas.

I messaged him through Instagram, but his number is on there for a text/call. He might go to San Dimas. So far -no bubbles or issues with the tint from this morning. On the other truck he did, the back window didn’t adhere and almost fell off by night. He came back first thing in the morning to apply new tint and there’s been no issues since.