WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cost of tinted windows

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just dropped off my car at a reputable tint shop in Orange. I have had my previous car tinted there many years ago. I knew I was going to spend some money. But, I wasn’t expecting close to a grand for a Chevy volt with the windshield. I’m willing to pay for quality work especially with tint. The Ceramic line comes with lifetime warranty and cop protection so they will remove and reapply tint if I get a ticket. Not complaining about the shop. Really nice and informative. Just didn’t know when the price of tint got so expensive! Texted my friends to check how much they spent at another shop, and it was within the range I was in.

BingerFang

Reaction score
It’s usually $50 bucks a window from my guy and $100 for the entire windshield and $50 for a limo strip up top.
Only uses the best film and comes to your home as long as you have a garage to do it in.

No cop protection, just roll your windows down when you see one. :)

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Ceramic tint is more expensive than the regular tint. I also think they charge more to tint the windshield than a back window because it has to be crystal clear and therefore requires more time for prep.

gqchris

Reaction score
My High Quality guy is $450 for regular tint. No "Cop" protection and not ceramic. And I dont do windshields. So I never priced the Ceramic but it seems somewhat in-line.

I actually stopped limoing out my cars because at night I cant see backing down the damn launch ramp with super dark tinit!! Getting old sucks...LOL

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Just for another option, try texting or calling this number for a quote. 951-842-0227 as they do ceramic tint.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
yup, its not ez to spend the cash but worth da money, you wont look back and think twice about it later... quality products and quality work backed by reputable place... will get my repeat business every time.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Yeah I can definitely tell the difference as well. The ceramic makes a huge difference. My 12 year old truck has it and looks as new as when they installed it. I bought a new car a month ago and it came with whatever crap tint the dealer put on it and holy moly I couldn’t even touch the seats or steering wheel. You definitely get what you pay for and the shop that stands behind it. I gotta carve some time out to head over to Mikes tint shop for the new car. Always does great work and has been in the business for years. Only shop that has touched my cars.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
450$ cash for 7 windows , no windshield, on our palisade suv with 3m ceramic tint, no cop protection. Local company in Temecula took about 3 hours. Not bad pricing, ceramic is way better with blocking heat compared to traditional. Just reminded me i need to re do the 10 year old stuff on my truck!

riverroyal

Reaction score
ceramic is expensive. Not worth it in my opinion. Standard good tint is fine. Modern cars dont have AC problems, just crank it up

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
ceramic is expensive. Not worth it in my opinion. Standard good tint is fine. Modern cars dont have AC problems, just crank it up

i beg to differ, My 2yo GM vehicle is currently in a lemon law suit for the AC not working and them having no fix.

To the OP, top of the line ceramic tint is expensive and I think it is worth it. Every piece of glass should have it for it to do what it is designed to do. With the other stuff they are offering makes that price maybe sound right but they definitely aren’t giving you a deal.

Having said that.....you get what you pay for (sometimes you don’t) and that shit better be perfect for that price and i wouldn’t expect anything less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

450grip

Reaction score
Ceramic is absolutely worth the price in SoCal.
Too hot in summer, and sun damaged stuff is much more expensive

bocco

Reaction score
So it sounds like if you need cop protection you are installing illegal tint? Why give the police an excuse to pull you over? Also, I have seen some pretty dark window tint and I wonder how you see at night.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just picked it up. They did a great job. I got the 50% windshield, 15% front and 5% in the back. Not legal at all, especially the windshield. But, I have never been pulled over with previous cars with the same setup. And, with the cop protection, I’m not worried now.

It is a huge difference with the temperature already. My car was a giant sunroom with the hatchback and large front windshield. So I’m very happy with how it turned out and I won’t have to worry about anything about it. Just was a bit sticker shocked at first!
60B95B4A-C454-476F-BE33-76BD06D56802.jpeg
82AE7DF9-BFF7-4FCC-81AE-55AD9D7C9FE2.jpeg
2957803D-25CA-4860-9A9D-806A21C824F1.jpeg

Socalx09

Reaction score
My High Quality guy is $450 for regular tint. No "Cop" protection and not ceramic. And I dont do windshields. So I never priced the Ceramic but it seems somewhat in-line.

I actually stopped limoing out my cars because at night I cant see backing down the damn launch ramp with super dark tinit!! Getting old sucks...LOL
That’s my dads suburban. All windows are as black as can be. I believe it’s 0% and his front windshield is 20%. I can’t barely even see him in it. I can’t see anything out of it at night and he has to lift up the lift gate just to back in the trailer to see haha.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Just picked it up. They did a great job. I got the 50% windshield, 15% front and 5% in the back. Not legal at all, especially the windshield. But, I have never been pulled over with previous cars with the same setup. And, with the cop protection, I’m not worried now.

It is a huge difference with the temperature already. My car was a giant sunroom with the hatchback and large front windshield. So I’m very happy with how it turned out and I won’t have to worry about anything about it. Just was a bit sticker shocked at first!
View attachment 896822 View attachment 896823 View attachment 896824
Looks great. Mikes has been around for about 30 years.

Socalx09

Reaction score
Yeah I can definitely tell the difference as well. The ceramic makes a huge difference. My 12 year old truck has it and looks as new as when they installed it. I bought a new car a month ago and it came with whatever crap tint the dealer put on it and holy moly I couldn’t even touch the seats or steering wheel. You definitely get what you pay for and the shop that stands behind it. I gotta carve some time out to head over to Mikes tint shop for the new car. Always does great work and has been in the business for years. Only shop that has touched my cars.

Just a heads up, they are about two or so weeks out with appointments right now. Their new shop is awesome though! They are great. They have three levels of ceramic now.
If it’s Classic Tint, then they are pricey. But great quality!

I went to mikes tint shop off Katella. But, my friend who I texted about pricing did theirs at classic tint and loved how it turned out.

So it sounds like if you need cop protection you are installing illegal tint? Why give the police an excuse to pull you over? Also, I have seen some pretty dark window tint and I wonder how you see at night.
At the shop, when you start getting into their top level tint, they offer cop protection with it. I believe their lower end tint, they will remove it for you, but not reinstall it. It’s just too hot to not have tint for me. I had the car for a year, and finally caved in. I feel like I’m getting a tan with my windshield haha!

Socalx09

Reaction score
Looks great. Mikes has been around for about 30 years.
Thank you! I went to their old shop first when I tried to make an appointment a few weeks ago and got worried they went out of business or something. I was very relieved when I saw their new store up the street.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You got hosed. I payed $150 for my ram 2500. No windshield though.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
550.00 for our Tesla. Had to have ceramic for the rear because of the size. No windshield but all of the rest though.
1B0B2658-EE5B-4E5C-9118-27CB5368D16E.png
0FBC1B88-80D8-4AA5-89D2-1ECD215FB40A.jpeg

riverroyal

Reaction score
i beg to differ, My 2yo GM vehicle is currently in a lemon law suit for the AC not working and them having no fix.

To the OP, top of the line ceramic tint is expensive and I think it is worth it. Every piece of glass should have it for it to do what it is designed to do. With the other stuff they are offering makes that price maybe sound right but they definitely aren’t giving you a deal.

Having said that.....you get what you pay for (sometimes you don’t) and that shit better be perfect for that price and i wouldn’t expect anything less.

Sorry about your ac. But would it have been ok with ceramic tint? Prob not. Personally I keep cars and trucks for a pretty short time. The added cost is not worth it for a entire car. If it's just the front 2 then maybe

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I do my own with pre cut 3m color stable tint from filmvantage. Great product no fade from sun and dark as it gets. Can’t see in even if you cup your hands and try to peek.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For reference I think I paid 600 for Stacy’s suburban and that was with the windshield

hallett21

Reaction score
650 for a crew cab 3500 Ram with ceramic tint. Included windshield.

jailbird141

Reaction score
You should've priced it in Havasu the next time you are up there. I have found that it is cheaper there than in Kommifornia. Just a thought.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
550.00 for our Tesla. Had to have ceramic for the rear because of the size. No windshield but all of the rest though.
View attachment 896871 View attachment 896872

Same here, I paid $550 cash for the whole car and my guy really wanted me to get Ceramic as it makes a big difference keeping the car cool. I use "Sunsheild" in Sherman Oaks, The place was totally packed.

Attachments

• IMG_4287.JPG
    IMG_4287.JPG
    512.5 KB · Views: 79

EBT531

Reaction score
The windshield is the only thing that would worry me. A friend did his and then had a one vehicle crash at night. Whats the first thing the insurance company blamed? Yup, the tinted windshield. That was like 5yrs ago but I could see that still being an issue.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Isn’t there a clear ceramic “tint” as well? Not sure how it compares to actual, but would think it would have benefits over nothing.

mobldj

Reaction score
they have these things called , SUN GLASSES.have fun with the fix it tickets

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Just dropped off my car at a reputable tint shop in Orange. I have had my previous car tinted there many years ago. I knew I was going to spend some money. But, I wasn’t expecting close to a grand for a Chevy volt with the windshield. I’m willing to pay for quality work especially with tint. The Ceramic line comes with lifetime warranty and cop protection so they will remove and reapply tint if I get a ticket. Not complaining about the shop. Really nice and informative. Just didn’t know when the price of tint got so expensive! Texted my friends to check how much they spent at another shop, and it was within the range I was in.
Just paid 280 for my volt in norco
F0E20EFB-4212-4CAD-B416-706811C12E6B.jpeg

Nordie

Reaction score
What people fail to realize is cars are generally more expensive to tint, because the tint guy has to crawl around and duck and contort n stuff for the back window. A truck or a large SUV where they can stand up and work, even though they use more product is going to be cheaper. Atleast that's what my tint guy told me.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I want to get my civic done but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Isn’t there a clear ceramic “tint” as well? Not sure how it compares to actual, but would think it would have benefits over nothing.

Not exactly clear. Think it’s 85 or 90%.
I paid around $900 for Daughters A4 15% all around and the “clear” on windshield and sunroof.
Sunroofs are not tinted, they are smoked and offer zero protection

Your ad here

Reaction score
Sounds like you got up sold. I've never bought cop insurance or the latest and greatest tint. Just the best regular tint and always limo. Most I paid was $325 for a crew cab F250 but that was 12 years ago. The tint has just started fading and turning the slightest pink with polarized sunglasses.

LAPII

Reaction score
Tinting that front windshield is a HUGE gamble if you get in a bender. But I guess it looks cool?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Who’s you go to in Havasu?
Not sure who Dave uses. Best guy I've found is Ted White Advanced Glass Coatings. 928 854 9494. He'll do exotic films, but usually recommends good quality standard films.

Reactions: DWC

Socalx09

Reaction score
Just paid 280 for my volt in norco View attachment 986738
That is a much better price then I paid. Haha. I realized I paid for the multiple removals and replacement tint if I get a ticket. There’s been zero issues with the tint, thankfully.

Now I’m trying to tint a 2500 Ram near corona/norco. I think I’ll try Mr. Tint this time.

gqchris

Reaction score
The older I get, the less I want to get limo tint on my tow vehicle. I cant see shit at night when backing down the trailer once I passed 40 years old!! LOL

I left factory tint on my new Explorer. As much as I miss it, gonna run it that way cause its so much easier to see out lol.

HBCraig

Reaction score

The Tint Pros?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I had my CTS-V done at Steve's Window Tinting in Upland for about $600 for a ceramic material one step up from limo tint. He has a clear ceramic for the windshield that he offered, but I passed on it. I also had the front side windows on my 2011 Silverado done with ceramic material 10 years ago and noticed that they fading as the edges were much darker than the field. I showed it to him with the receipt and he took care of it in 45 minutes. I highly recommend these guys.
IMG_7822.JPG