WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Costco Lilly pad VS regular Lilly pad

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We had an "original" Lilly Pad which was 6 years old and purchased at the LA boat show. Pretty sure it was 6' x 15' or 6' x 18'. It got blown away on the last river trip and we ordered a replacement from Costco online, as it said it was an "Aqua Lilly Pad" and 6' x 17'. We received the pad and it is super light weight, i'm hesitant to take it out of the box. The box looks to be pretty narrow as well, I can't imagine the pad is comparable to what we had before. The price was right, but I dont think it will work as well.

Anybody have experience with the Costco Aqua Lilly Pad? Should I return it and get the OG direct from Aqua Lilly online?

Here's the pad in question:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I got one from Costco a couple years ago, its held up good. fits our needs just fine. but I don't remember the dimensions.

sintax

Reaction score
thats the thing with costco. Most stuff is made for them, to their specs (sometimes that means cutting corners to get the price right)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
In before the RDP morality police arrive on scene and acuse you of returning yore 2019 Christmas tree because it finally died this last July. They will then blame you for the price gouging of the hot dogs from $1.50 to $1.55 and the removal of the combo pizza from the menu.

The RDP morality police would never put that trash in their body though, as they only enjoy whine with their cheese from a can.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is it 2 ply or 3? Think that was the difference. Friend bought 1 from there was 300$. Works find for the kids but sinks a little lower than regular one with my fat ass on it.

gqchris

Reaction score
I have the Sams Club one that I may be willing to sell here very soon. Tired of lugging that giant turd around for my Daughter to jump on it for 5 mins and then its out floating empty and irritating the living shit out of me. LOL

Last edited:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Is it 2 ply or 3? Think that was the difference. Friend bought 1 from there was 300$. Works find for the kids but sinks a little lower than regular one with my fat ass on it.
Our original was the 2-ply i think (they didn't offer anything different back in 2014) but this one feels like it is 1/2 the weight

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I have the Sams Club one that I may be willing to sell here very soon. Tired of lugging that giant turd around for my Daughter to jump on it for 5 mins and then its out floating empty and irritating the living shit out of me. LOL

You're obviously not a sales professional 😁 - flogging a product publicly before you offer it up for sale is typically not the best way to sell it or get a good price ;)

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Looking at the reviews most everyone states it fine for kids but can't hold up an adult. Make you determination on that statement.

1601928839918.png

1601928896329.png

gqchris

Reaction score
You're obviously not a sales professional 😁 - flogging a product publicly before you offer it up for sale is typically not the best way to sell it or get a good price ;)

These things are a fad that wont go away anytime soon. We all know here that its the wife and kids making us drag these dumb things around. We do it for them. I'm more than happy with a 2$ swim noodle floating with a beer. But we do it for this kids. No grown men are out there laying on these things. And the demand for them are not fizzling out.

As a matter of fact I already have 3 PM's asking me to buy it!😭

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I hate these things, nothing like being at the lake and every family of 2 kids has their lilypad out, that has washed ashore and taking up like 20ft of beach each.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I hate these things, nothing like being at the lake and every family of 2 kids has their lilypad out, that has washed ashore and taking up like 20ft of beach each.
You can always use it as a keel gaurd! Pull up anyways!