WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cougar 23 MTR

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Hot Boat mag from Oct 96. It has this article with my boat in it. I also think it's in Aug 96 Hot
Boat. If anybody has it and would be willing to sell it, please contact me.

23_MTR_Hot_Boat_Oct1996.jpg
23 MTR_FromDave Peel.jpg

Attachments

• 23_MTR_Hot_Boat_Oct1996.jpg
    23_MTR_Hot_Boat_Oct1996.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 81

stoker2001

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Hot Boat mag from Oct 96. It has this article with my boat in it. I also think it's in Aug 96 Hot
Boat. If anybody has it and would be willing to sell it, please contact me.

View attachment 997113 View attachment 997114
cant help on mag article,but remember when it was delivered brand spanking new to Dave Bush in Havi in1996.funny story,we at Dave's shop when it got delivered unrigged.Dave had an agreement with Cougar that it had to run at least 105mph with his mercury racing 2.5L 260HPs or they were getting the boat back..LOL

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
That's awesome! I have been in contact with Dave from the original Cougar co. in Salmon Arm Canada and the Hot Boat story is a good one too. I have never met Dave Bush but would like to some day and hear his stories. This boat has some stories to tell! From what I was told Hot Boat tested it Aug 96 and it went 102ish and Dave Bush got pissed and told them to come back to Havasu and go for a ride with him driving. That's when the retraction article came out in October and they posted it at 114MPH! Would love to hear Bush's version.

Thanks for the post!
Bob

stoker2001

Reaction score
That's awesome! I have been in contact with Dave from the original Cougar co. in Salmon Arm Canada and the Hot Boat story is a good one too. I have never met Dave Bush but would like to some day and hear his stories. This boat has some stories to tell! From what I was told Hot Boat tested it Aug 96 and it went 102ish and Dave Bush got pissed and told them to come back to Havasu and go for a ride with him driving. That's when the retraction article came out in October and they posted it at 114MPH! Would love to hear Bush's version.

Thanks for the post!
Bob
also forgot Dave had it on Nitrous for a while also..cant say if the 114 was on the spray or not,but back then those speeds were unheard of for that class of boat :oops:

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
also forgot Dave had it on Nitrous for a while also..cant say if the 114 was on the spray or not,but back then those speeds were unheard of for that class of boat :oops:

As the story goes that was most of the difference and Cougar had a hard time explaining to customers why they weren't getting 114 with their 2.5 ROS motors.