WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Couple Can Am Upgrades

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Put the ZRP radius rods and plate on the Can Am also changed out the weak ass sway bar links with Shock Therapy's sway bar links . Last up for the day was to grease the wheel bearings after hearing they come almost dry from the factory . After getting in there the bearings were almost dry took 8 to 13 pumps with the grease gun , if you haven't checked yours yet I would do it soon .... Next up Shock Therapy for the Shocks ...
20190203_085548.jpg
20190203_085608.jpg
20190203_085618.jpg

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Looking good!

The ZRP stuff is high end quality and they look awesome!

I need to do the sway bar links on mine

DWC

Reaction score
Solid upgrades. Saw the ZRP rods on DLC’s. They look beefy as hell. Definitely on my wish list.
I took TPC’s and bought the tool to grease up but need a bigger jack to get the job done.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Solid upgrades. Saw the ZRP rods on DLC’s. They look beefy as hell. Definitely on my wish list.
I took TPC’s and bought the tool to grease up but need a bigger jack to get the job done.

I’ve got a jack and the extension deal in Havasu if you want to borrow, or come over to do it and have a coldie!

We’ll be out next week end

Reactions: DWC

DLC

Reaction score
I have one of these

0094F621-3521-4039-9120-7C1C42C079D1.png

dezrtracer

Reaction score

Ya my floor jack is to small too . I used two 4x6 , one 4x4 and a 2x6 to get the wheels off the ground and set it on jack stands .... Was pretty sketchy to say the least.... Also a little bummed that the Rear Bumper won't fit now with that plate ....

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Nice upgrades!

I bet that thing will be awesome with a revised setup!

riverroyal

Reaction score
The wheel bearing grease....my x3 is not at my house so I cant look.
Is it simple access? What grease did you guys use?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

There is a special grease adapter you need to buy and there are tons of YouTube videos of how to do it.

Albert

Reaction score
I bought mine on amazon if I remeber correctly there like $30

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

All the adapters are just like the ones in the video below, different sizes for different machines.

I have been using Green Grease Synthetic grease. I buy the 3 oz cartridges and use a mini 3 oz grease gun.

Mini Grease Gun
https://www.amazon.com/Workforce-Gr...id=1549645278&sr=8-4&keywords=3+oz+grease+gun

Green Grease in 3 oz tubes
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Grease...8&qid=1549645331&sr=8-4&keywords=green+grease

It takes about as long to get the corner jacked up and the wheel off as it does to remove the axle nut and brake rotor. 15-20 mins per corner.

Only parts to have on hand is fresh cotter pins, one per each wheel.

Here is the process, but I would not use an impact to put the axle nuts back on, torque them by hand to the factory spec with a torque wrench. If you use an impact, you will have a hell of a time if you ever need to remove or change an axle out in the field.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
It has a 4 1/2 year warranty, can i just wait....ha.

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Regarding the bearings, its my understanding the X3 have sealed for life bearings. By design sealed for life bearing have ample grease for proper life.

It has been my experience through dealing with rolling element bearings if you apply to much grease it can cause more damage if the grease doesn't expel. I think I will run mine to failure and see how long it takes.

To the OP, just added the ZRP rods and plate to my car along with the Shock Therapy Tie Rods. Really liking this setup, the ST rods lessen the bump steer alot.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Regarding the bearings, its my understanding the X3 have sealed for life bearings. By design sealed for life bearing have ample grease for proper life.

It has been my experience through dealing with rolling element bearings if you apply to much grease it can cause more damage if the grease doesn't expel. I think I will run mine to failure and see how long it takes.

To the OP, just added the ZRP rods and plate to my car along with the Shock Therapy Tie Rods. Really liking this setup, the ST rods lessen the bump steer alot.

They are not sealed bearings, and they do not have enough grease to last the life of the vehicle. Dirt and water can get into the wheel bearings. When the bearing fails, many other parts can fail as well.

When you re grease these you do so until outer seal moves and or grease comes out of the edge. Then you are ready to go.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The bearings come almost dry from the factory, that's why everyone is buying the grease tool and repacking the bearings ASAP.