WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cove camping with two 9 year olds.................

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
So,..............I let these 2 knuckleheads "con" me into camping in the cove while EVERYBODY else went back to the air conditioned pad :D
they told me they would take care of all the cooking of dinner & breakfeast the next morning. :cool: Somebody left some ez start charcoals behind, un-fortunately NOT enough to grill the hotdogs & buns an a can of chili :( so,.....we ended up eating PB&J sandwiches washed down with ice cold milk for dinner an some "svenhards" pastries & milk for breakfeast :thumbsup:D
I think it's everymans dream to teach his grandson to fish at some time in his life :cool: I feel like I hit a double home run being there with these two to witness them catching a couple of good size catfish that night ( Brandon is actualy my 3rd cuzzin, I think ?,........whatever, As with ALL the kids, I'm "Uncle Denny", an that suits me just fine :thumbsup :cool:
I was most impressed with how they "worked" together in doing the whole deal, not just landing the fish, but the overall "survival" expierence :thumbsup I told them I was just gonna be an "observer" an get it all down on film :D

Attachments

• DSCF1264.jpg
    DSCF1264.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 511
  • DSCF1276.jpg
    DSCF1276.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 505
  • DSCF1278.jpg
    DSCF1278.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF1280.jpg
    DSCF1280.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCF1281.jpg
    DSCF1281.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 486
  • DSCF1287.jpg
    DSCF1287.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCF1290.jpg
    DSCF1290.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 482
  • DSCF1291.jpg
    DSCF1291.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCF1292.jpg
    DSCF1292.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCF1295.jpg
    DSCF1295.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 471

NdaWind

Reaction score
Good Times and Great memories at the river:thumbsup

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
That is too cool SS. :thumbsup

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a fun experience for those boys! Fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing!!:champagne:

cxr

Reaction score
Great times.... they will remmeber that outing for the rest of their life and will be telling the story to their kids\grandkids way after you have already moved on.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
:thumbsup DUDE! That's awesome!! My 9 & 7 year olds fished at Mead last year for our 4 day tour.....and when I say fished... I mean they wanted nothing more than to fish... no fighting, no whining, no Wii, just fished. Kept their concentration, and teamwork all day long!!

That is cool! Next summer "Uncle Denny's Fishing and Cove camping survival Camp" Where do I sign them up? :D

LhcBrad

Reaction score
Good job on showing these kids what a good time is. We need more adults to do this

500bbc

Reaction score
Those kids will never forget that night, what a great memory for all.:D:D

Next trip though teach them to hold the rod right side up, it's a lot easier.:thumbsup:D

mitch6601

HMFIC
Reaction score
Great story Denny...was that at parker?

I took my kids there for the first time earlier this year and they loved it...I shouldnt have waited so long to buy a boat...

what were you using as bait?

gqchris

Reaction score
Man that first cat was a decent size! Great pics, and that right there is a memory those two guys will NEVER forget. So priceless!:thumbsup

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
That is what it is all about:thumbsup Good times:champagne: BTW, nice cat:thumbsup:thumbsup

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

I took my kids there for the first time earlier this year and they loved it...I shouldnt have waited so long to buy a boat...

That is at "Hi island 2" cove, about 2 miles north of Havasu springs. As far as bait, i know NOTHING bout fishing :D ......dae dae & brandon had caught some small blue gill earlier in the day, so we didn't have much of a "tackle box", just some odds & ends I threw together, so they just cut up some small pieces of the blue gill's an went with that :D It was kinda funny in that they both hooked a catfish within 5 minutes of another, AND it was all of about 5 minutes till "the" mine was bigger than yours story started coming up LOL, I swear, I thought I was gonna fall outta my chair as I watched this whole scene take place :D:thumbsup

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
:thumbsup Good Deal right there

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
That is at "Hi island 2" cove, about 2 miles north of Havasu springs. As far as bait, i know NOTHING bout fishing :D ......dae dae & brandon had caught some small blue gill earlier in the day, so we didn't have much of a "tackle box", just some odds & ends I threw together, so they just cut up some small pieces of the blue gill's an went with that :D It was kinda funny in that they both hooked a catfish within 5 minutes of another, AND it was all of about 5 minutes till "the" mine was bigger than yours story started coming up LOL, I swear, I thought I was gonna fall outta my chair as I watched this whole scene take place :D:thumbsup

These kids must have known.:cool: That is what we used to use as cat bait when we were kids. Works great. I think they were holding out on you:D

500bbc

Reaction score
These kids must have known.:cool: That is what we used to use as cat bait when we were kids. Works great. I think they were holding out on you:D

Get a bigger rod, use a whole live bluegill and hold on.

Check the regs before actually trying same.:D

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
:thumbsup DUDE! That's awesome!! My 9 & 7 year olds fished at Mead last year for our 4 day tour.....and when I say fished... I mean they wanted nothing more than to fish... no fighting, no whining, no Wii, just fished. Kept their concentration, and teamwork all day long!!

That is cool! Next summer "Uncle Denny's Fishing and Cove camping survival Camp" Where do I sign them up? :D

sign 'em up right here :D..................my nephew Brandon is my "survivalist", watches survivorman,........ ALWAYS packin his leatherman tool, and a flint fire starter :thumbsup he's promised me
if/when armageddon hits, he will NOT let the young ones leave me behind :eek::D

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Those kids will never forget that night, what a great memory for all.:D:D

Next trip though teach them to hold the rod right side up, it's a lot easier.:thumbsup:D
Brandon's a southpaw,.........he ended up moving to Georgia, while he was on a "road trip" just figuring out WHAT he wanted to do in life...he's starting his own welding services deal, the other one, my grandson, Daemahni , ended up getting a full boat ride to the University of New Mexico on a football scholarship, an then the covid bullshit happened, which shut down the entire football program, so, he ended up coming back home after two years, now, he's also trying to get into the welding biz, obviously we were ALL bummed when he decided to quit school, said he just wasn't happy what with no football, .............I think he made the right decision, for HIM,...............

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

we were up on the lake at one of the BLM cove spots,............won't bre long now an I'll be doin MORE overnighter's with the kid's of the kid's ....

boatnam2

Reaction score
Way back in 2009 when you could camp, BBQ, drink and fish for a weekend under a 150 bucks. Now that charge you that for a extra car.