WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

COVID-19 and the Marlow residence, it must be unique.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Been meaning to post this experience in our household for a while so time to share it now.
First a little back story to the point. Our nephew (49) and his oldest daughter (11) had symptoms of C-19 on March 13 and went in for testing that evening. They received the results late that evening stating they were both negative. I had planned a dinner outing for my wife's birthday for March 14 at Kobes Steakhouse in Seal Beach and both him and his daughter were invited and attended along with wife, daughter, SIL, all three grand kids, BIL and his GF. Dinner was a hit and everyone left with a full stomach. Monday morning our nephew calls my wife and tells her he was contacted that morning and they had given him the wrong results on Sat night and he was actually positive. Within 24 hours his wife, two daughters and his MIL contract the virus.
Well low and behold my wife wakes up a 2am on Wed morning with the chills and a slight fever. Now currently there are 7 of us living in our house as the wife and I will be moving soon to our final resting place. My daughter makes an appointment for her to get tested and she test positive on Thur morning, March 18. She has had all of the symptoms over the last two weeks including fever, chills, body aches, head aches, lack of taste, you name it and it has hit her pretty hard.
Sat March 20 my daughter is referenced by a family member to Caltech to participate in their COVI-19 study on households that have family members that are not affected by others that are carrying the virus as at that time my wife was the only one that was positive. She calls them at 3:30pm and they schedule a zoom meeting with us for 5pm. We all agree (minus the 8 month old) to participate and go through some details of what we can expect over the next 14 days. Zoom meeting is over at 5:30 and by 7pm there is a very large box on our front door with 6 individual custom assembled test kits for each of us. I mean labels, test tubes, swabs, alcohol wipes, pre-labeled shipping supplies. It was crazy how fast they put this thing together and got it to our door step in that time frame.
The program calls for us to take saliva and swab samples twice daily, once when we awake and once when we go to bed and those are picked up at 10am every morning by a courier. Tuesday evening, March 23 they contact my daughter stating she tested positive from the Monday night sample though she has no symptoms and everyone else is still negative at this time to date.
All in all we are glade to help the studies that look at how some households spread quickly and others not so much but to be honest I'm really in it for the $$ as they are paying us $400 each for our involvement.

c1.jpg
c2.jpg

I'm guinea pig #P175, the last participant on their web sight.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool! I have always found it so weird how some catch the virus and others don't in the same household. We have had several employees like that throughout the year.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Wow! I work in dental research. Researchers are the most resourceful folks! Thumbs up to you & family and I hope they all get well, quickly.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
I was feeling like I was reading a middle school word problem...... Was waiting for the end...... "How many covid tests did Johnny take?"

Taboma

Reaction score
I was feeling like I was reading a middle school word problem...... Was waiting for the end...... "How many covid tests did Johnny take?"

I'm still not sure who's on first ? 😁 If you've arrived at any answer, you're probably going to score better than me. 😂
Daughter has symptoms, doesn't have symptoms, everybody's sick, nobody has symptoms --- o_O

Bottom line, hope everybody is doing well and makes it to home plate $ 400 ahead. 👍👍👍

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It is weird how illnesses effect a family. Growing up, Pops rarely caught anything in the house. On the otherhand, if Pops caught something, we were all going down!

C-2

Reaction score
My brother had one of the first cases of COVID in Havasu. Same deal, everybody in the house got sick except for my SIL who cared for them all. I forget which agency in AZ, but they sent a team out to perform antibody tests. They were floored when her test results came back negative - no COVID, no antibodies.

Scary on the mistaken test results in your family.

Hope everybody feels better soon :)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Recall when early on RD’s aunt and nephew(?) got COVID. It nailed some, others not so much and totally ignored others.