WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

COVID exploding in Southern California

LowRiver2

Reaction score
The media can predict and call a state for election with only 10% counted but they but they cant identify a reefer trailer? C'mon man...
I think some in the media know but choose not to show it.
Probably a single trailer at most hospitals

You’d be surprised what local so cal media don’t know for lack of looking into vs actually giving a rat’s ass
The mobile morgues are no secret by any means

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I think some in the media know but choose not to show it.
Probably a single trailer at most hospitals

You’d be surprised what local so cal media don’t know for lack of looking into vs actually giving a rat’s ass
The mobile morgues are no secret by any means

but aren't these refrigerated trucks pretty standard during a normal flu season?

That is what I keep hearing.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
but some how bodies are being thrown in tents? which one is it? That is the thing that has bothered me since day one with this thing... is the numbers and statistics are all over the place.

Just saw on FB a nurse friend of ours (who got the vaccine 2 weeks ago) just tested positive with mild symptoms.... she's been around covid patients for 9 months, and all the sudden she gets it........ what has changed?

I believe that some hospitals in certain areas need some extra capacity for sick or dead people. It’s a pandemic and hospitals don’t have huge amounts of surge capacity by design.

I don’t believe there are not hundreds of dead people stacking up daily in tents and filling up trailers that some in the media would have you believe.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
so is wearing masks saving lives or not? facebook profile pictures says they do

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
It's all about the fear!
facebook_1589429903705_6666552202830872999_701650418315048.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My wife is a labor and delivery rn at a major oc hospital. They are a full house. Yes the icu is full but the entire hospital is full. They converted the old er and an ambulance bay to an ICU unit. They have converted their conference center to a covid hospice unit. They have kicked out another groups nicu and have converted that to a covid unit. They have converted their antipartum unit to a covid unit. The wife has been working two extra shifts a week in either the er or covid units.

Oc health doubled their nursing to patient compliance ratios. They are pulling nurses and techs from all over the hospital to help.

My mother in law works at a major hospital in san bernardino same story. Uci is full. St jude is full. Oc is in a bad spot right now.

Yet they are giving hospital workers (and their spouses in some case) who have all the PPE Gear the vaccine first. WTF. How many hospital works have you heard getting it? Give to the elderly first then people who have pre-existing conditions

My wife's unit has multiple nurses out with covid right now. They had a bunch out during the surge in the summer as well. The shitty part is that the nurses who were out in June are no longer testing positive for anti bodies. If there aren't nurses to take care of the sick this all falls apart pretty quickly. Oc health and my wife's hospital have decreed that if your positive you still come to work unless your symptoms are severe. The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting covid it prevents the symptoms which will let healthcare workers keep working.

I do not think the virus is fake by any means but keep some perspective folks.......on any given day most hospitals are at least 85% full. It does not take much to "overwhelm" them. IMO....this massive surge is good news, herd immunity via natural spread or via vaccine is our only way out of this mess. I lost my Aunt to this crap back in April, we need to rip off the bandaid and get it over with. Eat some vegetables, get sunlight and exercise, 99.5% of us will be fine.

Before this surge wife's hospital was running 30-40% of capacity. This was octoberish. Today they do not have the beds for the people out front. Covid put a stop to anything elective with small windows of exception. This isn't normal operating procedures. This is crisis mode. Mandatory overtime is supposedly coming next week.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The only thing that I will ask is if you have a family member, friend or neighbor who works at a hospital do something nice for them. If you wanna go above and beyond call your local hospital and ask about donating food for the staff.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
My wife is a labor and delivery rn at a major oc hospital. They are a full house. Yes the icu is full but the entire hospital is full. They converted the old er and an ambulance bay to an ICU unit. They have converted their conference center to a covid hospice unit. They have kicked out another groups nicu and have converted that to a covid unit. They have converted their antipartum unit to a covid unit. The wife has been working two extra shifts a week in either the er or covid units.

Oc health doubled their nursing to patient compliance ratios. They are pulling nurses and techs from all over the hospital to help.

My mother in law works at a major hospital in san bernardino same story. Uci is full. St jude is full. Oc is in a bad spot right now.

My wife's unit has multiple nurses out with covid right now. They had a bunch out during the surge in the summer as well. The shitty part is that the nurses who were out in June are no longer testing positive for anti bodies. If there aren't nurses to take care of the sick this all falls apart pretty quickly. Oc health and my wife's hospital have decreed that if your positive you still come to work unless your symptoms are severe. The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting covid it prevents the symptoms which will let healthcare workers keep working.

Before this surge wife's hospital was running 30-40% of capacity. This was octoberish. Today they do not have the beds for the people out front. Covid put a stop to anything elective with small windows of exception. This isn't normal operating procedures. This is crisis mode. Mandatory overtime is supposedly coming next week.

Your wife is to be commended for working hard and dealing with this. I'm not sure the medical field is where I would want to be right now.

The question I have about all this is are the people in the hospital at the moment people that really, really need to be there? I can imagine that in this new situation where people are running scared of Covid, people are going to the hospital if they have any symptoms at all, which they probably would not have done in a pre-Covid environment. Are all the people in the hospital actually in a life or death scenario and truly in need of being there?

One reason I ask this question is because due to the huge increase in cases, the death rate does not appear to have changed for the worse.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Your wife is to be commended for working hard and dealing with this. I'm not sure the medical field is where I would want to be right now.

The question I have about all this is are the people in the hospital at the moment people that really, really need to be there? I can imagine that in this new situation where people are running scared of Covid, people are going to the hospital if they have any symptoms at all, which they probably would not have done in a pre-Covid environment. Are all the people in the hospital actually in a life or death scenario and truly in need of being there?

One reason I ask this question is because due to the huge increase in cases, the death rate does not appear to have changed for the worse.

If your o2 levels are good they send you home. Lots of people being sent home but lots of people needing icu beds that aren't available.

They are talking about turning angels stadium or the pond into a trauma center.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

I also think they are treating it better than they were in March. Also they aren't using nursing homes as step down units. Whoever signed off on that deserves the death penalty. I still think your going to see death rates rise as we go here based on what the wife is dealing with.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
California to date has lost 24k souls with or by Covid. The key being “with.” 10k of those are 80 years or older. Further, 35% of the dead were in nursing homes. Roughly 140k beds in CA nursing homes. 39,5000,000 residents in CA. For people 19 and younger we’ve lost 7, (seven).

From a data standpoint, if you are nursing home or you are under 70, you won’t die from it. You are much more likely to die from a car crash, cancer, diabetes, or suicide.

Yes it’s real, yes it kills, but for fucks sake I’m god dammed embarrassed for the health professionals of the world for their hysteria induced bullshit they are spreading.

For 2021 the only thing I want is for leadership to act like fucking leaders and stop with the fucking bullshit. We know who’s dying and who’s not, let get on with life and protect the vulnerable. Fucking hell, it’s a god damn shame.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
California to date has lost 24k souls with or by Covid. The key being “with.” 10k of those are 80 years or older. Further, 35% of the dead were in nursing homes. Roughly 140k beds in CA nursing homes. 39,5000,000 residents in CA. For people 19 and younger we’ve lost 7, (seven).

From a data standpoint, if you are nursing home or you are under 70, you won’t die from it. You are much more likely to die from a car crash, cancer, diabetes, or suicide.

Yes it’s real, yes it kills, but for fucks sake I’m god dammed embarrassed for the health professionals of the world for their hysteria induced bullshit they are spreading.

For 2021 the only thing I want is for leadership to act like fucking leaders and stop with the fucking bullshit. We know who’s dying and who’s not, let get on with life and protect the vulnerable. Fucking hell, it’s a god damn shame.

Head down to your local hospital and ask to volunteer to help for a day. They probably won't let you but if they do I'd be curious to see if your attitude would change.

gqchris

Reaction score
I feel it is human nature to downplay things that can literally make it game over for many of us. We try to quantify it by maniplulating stats, changing the terms. Its a coping mechanism. With as much shit that can happen to us in a day, we have to have this trait to just push on.

I hate the media. I hate our governor. I hate that small businesses are fucked while Target and Malls are packed.

But I cannot take first hand accounts by my fellow RDP inmates and friends that have been affected by this as “propoganda”. They speak facts. Its fucking real. Its scary as shit. Hospitals are at a breaking point.

I dont know if we are getting sprayed by this shit in the air or what? I have friends that became critically ill and never left the house.

I dont know. I continue to wear a real n95 respirator when at any crowded area such as the store. But I have a feeling this shit is way deeper than we can even imagine.

To all the inmates who are or with wifes and husbands in the field, please give them a giant thanks for me. Most of the times their comforting hand and touch is the last thing these patients see or feel.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Lets keep the actual numbers that have been properly recorded as the science.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
My oldest daughter is working 75 hours a week plus being on call on her day off. It’s fucking crazy to put these people through this. She got covid last week. Had to quarantine through Christmas and New Years. Poor girl is getting her butt kicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jet496

Reaction score
Head down to your local hospital and ask to volunteer to help for a day. They probably won't let you but if they do I'd be curious to see if your attitude would change.
We are going to visit our local hospitals today or this weekend to see for ourselves the chaos & will post what we see. Should be an interesting fact finding venture.

KevinR

Reaction score
“Yes it’s real, yes it kills, but for fucks sake I’m god dammed embarrassed for the health professionals of the world for their hysteria induced bullshit they are spreading. “

I hear you Natique. Makes me think of how the climatetoligists around the world get their marching orders from politicians, bureaucrats and the organizations they have created. Need to do all they can to keep their jobs and taxpayer funds coming to their industry.

Taboma

Reaction score
We are going to visit our local hospitals today or this weekend to see for ourselves the chaos & will post what we see. Should be an interesting fact finding venture.

Where you live, what is a local hospital, a tent on the Res ? 🥴 ;)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
This is crisis mode. Mandatory overtime is supposedly coming next week.
Right now their problem is not having enough staff to deal with the load at my wife’s hospital.
They’re offering bonus for people to work extra shifts. Fairly sizable bonus.
They’re saying they may resort to mandatory overtime as well.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
My neighbor who is Fireman/paramedic here in Henderson also confirmed that beds are filling up. BUT, he said they are holding people that could just as easily self treat themselves at home. Like they are just putting people in beds to make them look busy?!?!? 70-75% of them just have the sniffles

Every covid patient we have transported has been released. We have three hospitals that we transport to and they all have the same policy: if the patient doesn't need hospital care they get released, regardless of why they came. Often times we have patients that want to go to the hospital and we tell them they have no medical need and will be released as soon as they get there but they insist so we take them. The hospital gets irritated but understands the position we are in so they don't give us too hard a time about it.

Maybe some other hospitals just want the money so they allow them to stay?

Spectra18

Reaction score
Every covid patient we have transported has been released. We have three hospitals that we transport to and they all have the same policy: if the patient doesn't need hospital care they get released, regardless of why they came. Often times we have patients that want to go to the hospital and we tell them they have no medical need and will be released as soon as they get there but they insist so we take them. The hospital gets irritated but understands the position we are in so they don't give us too hard a time about it.

it’s the hysteria and stupidity in half the people. My wife and I are recovering. We felt like shit , but I called a dr over the phone discussed meds/my issues. Instead of going to the hospital even thou my breathing was difficult, ride it out.

rcmike

Reaction score
But I cannot take first hand accounts by my fellow RDP inmates and friends that have been affected by this as “propoganda”. They speak facts. Its fucking real. Its scary as shit. Hospitals are at a breaking point.
First hand account here. I got medicine as soon as I got sick. My girlfriend was not able to get medicine. Her doctor told her to take Tylenol and go to the er if she got worse. The ER said she could not come in. I eventually called 911 and she got treated with double pneumonia and covid.

If the fucking doctor would have given her medicine on day one, when she lost taste and smell and got fever and cough, they probably could have saved her 2 weeks in the hospital and a month on oxygen..

But, as I was repeatedly told by the doctor, I am not a doctor, and I do not know anything about treating sick people.

Did I mention they did the exact same thing to my best friend? He is just now getting over this shit after struggling for 25 days. I wonder if he NEEDED to struggle for a month, when he could have gotten the same medicine I got, and been done with it in a day and a half.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
First hand account here. I got medicine as soon as I got sick. My girlfriend was not able to get medicine. Her doctor told her to take Tylenol and go to the er if she got worse. The ER said she could not come in. I eventually called 911 and she got treated with double pneumonia and covid.

If the fucking doctor would have given her medicine on day one, when she lost taste and smell and got fever and cough, they probably could have saved her 2 weeks in the hospital and a month on oxygen..

But, as I was repeatedly told by the doctor, I am not a doctor, and I do not know anything about treating sick people.

Did I mention they did the exact same thing to my best friend? He is just now getting over this shit after struggling for 25 days. I wonder if he NEEDED to struggle for a month, when he could have gotten the same medicine I got, and been done with it in a day and a half.

What medicine did your doctor prescribe?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
It should be one of the Hyundai 53’ refer trailers Kaiser bought in April
They’re all white, same as any refer trailer
Media doesn’t realize what they are. View attachment 956853
look pretty much like these : pic of same type in PA.
LA has had bodies stored in those for years. lol. Been on a couple different tours at the morgue and thought it was a bit odd at first. But really it's just storage for a city that doesn't have a big enough facility to process all the deaths on a normal day.

gqchris

Reaction score
I wonder why there isn't a Mercy ship here to help out like there was a few months ago
I wondered the same thing Craig. Probably is Newsoms fault. He pissed someone off or too proud to ask.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
You see the body parts room?
That was wild: various pieces with everything else missing

I remember the refer trailer we had our back of PAB with unsolved rape collection kits from the 90’s
That was sad
Oh yeah. The only part that freaked me out a bit were all the infants.

hallett21

Reaction score
Wife just got an email that they are hiring/need ICU nurses immediately.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

This is why I ask the question of if patients that are in the hospital really, really need to be there. I have to think that this whole thing has been hyped up so much that people are so afraid of it, they go to the hospital at the first sign of trouble. Had they not been so conditioned to have such a high degree of fear, they might have otherwise stayed home and rode it out.

I know a few people who believe everything they hear on the exceptionally dramatic news and are scared shitless of CV. They would be calling 911 instantly if they started to not feel well.

The increased hospital numbers we're seeing could very well be an indicator of the effect hype and media sensationalism has had on people rather than the actual level of care that is needed.

Last edited:

jet496

Reaction score
Wife just got an email that they are hiring/need ICU nurses immediately.

My nurse SIL in Colorado says there's a shortage because so many are calling in sick, afraid of getting sick & basically don't want to come in for one reason or another which is why there is a huge shortage causing the ones that do work to work 12-14 hour days. She actually quit where she was last week & was hired immediately at a nursing home guaranteeing her no more than 40 hours a week.

As long as our government pays people to not work, and actually pays better not to work, well this will be the norm & expect labor shortages everywhere.

Backlash

Reaction score
Would it have been better if the people weren't forced to wear masks for the last 10 months, and were allowed to live life how they saw fit? I mean, the whole purpose of the lockdowns and the nazi type of government control was to limit the spread and prevent the hospitals from being overrun with coronavirus patients, right? Well, looky here. WTF is happening?? People would have been better off dealing with this during the summer months before the flu season arrived. Then, the hospitals would have had to deal with only the covid patients. Now the hospitals and staff are having to deal with both. During the winter. During the holiday season. Just thinking out loud here.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This is why I ask the question of if patients that are in the hospital really, really need to be there. I have to think that this whole thing has been hyped up so much that people are so afraid of it, they go to the hospital at the first sign of trouble. Had they not been so conditioned to have such a high degree of fear, they might have otherwise stayed home and rode it out.

I know a few people who believe everything they hear on the exceptionally dramatic news and are scared shitless of CV. They would be calling 911 instantly if they started to not feel well.

The increased hospital numbers we're seeing could very well be an indicator of the effect hype and media sensationalism has had on people rather than the actual level of care that is needed.

It is. The deaths are not spiking like the cases are.

Cases are up 400-500% and deaths have maybe doubled.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Si
i said protect the vulnerable. Not sure the data will change any, and the ONLY thing a visit to the hospital will be to change my EMOTIONAL response. Go to a child cancer ward, that will rip your heart out, but thankfully almost every kid in the US will not come down with it.

Your comment is the exact one the govt likes to hear, and btw I have family that works in hospitals, and have family that has had Covid. I also do math.

Don’t fall prey to the tricks of the left, you are a very smart man.

Stay safe, and protect the vulnerable, as I’ve stated a dozen times here.

AJ Hoffman

Reaction score
How many people do you know personally that have died from the Flu? Me, I know Zero over my 46 years.

I cant say the same for this shit.

Well I can say the same for both, an lot of people I know too. It’s almost 100% like 99.6% survivable, an many with no symptoms. I’m sure the things you, an most of us do during the week has a higher probable cause of taking ur, our life’s than this.... like driving a car, walking across the street, flying on a airplane, sweet n low in ur tea..... use ur head think for ur self use common sense don’t be a sheep

rcmike

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, if someone calls the doctor and says "I have lost taste and smell, and I have a fever" then if the doctors decided to prescribe some real fucking medicine, like right then, then people would not need to get deadly ill before they get to the hospital. They probably would not be seeing people at the hospital, period.

But we are playing these stupid fucking games where we are not treating people until they are dying. Then, since people are already dying. It takes longer to fix them, or they die, either way a major strain on the system. Of my friends who got it, only 2 managed to get medicine without delay. We are the two who shrugged it off..

Its beyond fucking stupid how we are dealing with this. Its more like we are trying to kill people to prove a political point.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Whatever the demand is from, has never happened in last 30 years to not have enough oxygen. Older hospitals are the ones in need.
I could fill tanks off our scuba trailer compressor but surely not the cleanliness level needed for hospitals lol.

So California is running out of oxygen? What’s next, Arizona runs out of sand?

Sorry, just had to.

thetub

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, if someone calls the doctor and says "I have lost taste and smell, and I have a fever" then if the doctors decided to prescribe some real fucking medicine, like right then, then people would not need to get deadly ill before they get to the hospital. They probably would not be seeing people at the hospital, period.

But we are playing these stupid fucking games where we are not treating people until they are dying. Then, since people are already dying. It takes longer to fix them, or they die, either way a major strain on the system. Of my friends who got it, only 2 managed to get medicine without delay. We are the two who shrugged it off..

Its beyond fucking stupid how we are dealing with this. Its more like we are trying to kill people to prove a political point.

this seems to be the case

friend of mine 49 years old , and younger wife just got it. First thing he lost his smell and taste.

immediately called his primary doctor and was prescribed Zpack , and some other antiviral stuff...

took aspirin and bunch of vitamins Zinc, D

he was hit good he said like the flu but got through it.

wife had very little trouble and not too many symptoms...

rcmike

Reaction score
this seems to be the case

friend of mine 49 years old , and younger wife just got it. First thing he lost his smell and taste.

immediately called his primary doctor and was prescribed Zpack , and some other antiviral stuff...

took aspirin and bunch of vitamins Zinc, D

he was hit good he said like the flu but got through it.

wife had very little trouble and not too many symptoms...
And just like that, he did not need need to occupy a hospital bed. Amazing like that.

jet496

Reaction score

We went to Kaiser hospital today & it was dead, nothing happening, no cars, emergency room nothing, etc.

Also, it hasn't been a big deal with anybody that I know who has had it. I'm still questioning the need to shut the world down because of it, but maybe something will change my mind.

We'll go by Sharp & Grossmont hospitals in the next day or two.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
We went to Kaiser hospital today & it was dead, nothing happening, no cars, emergency room nothing, etc.

Also, it hasn't been a big deal with anybody that I know who has had it. I'm still questioning the need to shut the world down because of it, but maybe something will change my mind.

We'll go by Sharp & Grossmont hospitals in the next day or two.
It’s worth it if we save just one person.

Though it will cost millions of lives to do it...

liberal illogic at its finest...