WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

COVID on aircraft carrier

spectras only

Reaction score
I would have thought, there was strict no leave on these vital ships were in force since first we heard about the virus. How long did the virus incubate on this ship? U.S officials say the number of cases on board is expected to rise in the coming days. Three days ago, there were only three known cases onboard.

rrrr

Reaction score
I find it fucking amazing that the ship ported in Da Nang, Vietnam on March 9 and the crew was allowed unrestricted liberty. How stupid was that? The captain of the TR should be removed and reprimanded.

rrrr

Reaction score
Just saw a news crawler that said almost 200 crew on the USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive for the virus. I'm just fawking amazed the Captain and/or the Navy was stupid enough to allow 4000 sailors and air group personnel unrestricted shore liberty in a Vietnamese city.

The Secretary of the Navy is defending the decision, saying there were just 35 cases of the virus in Vietnam when the ship docked in Da Nang. How effing stupid. The TR is a perfect breeding ground for the virus, as the crew is forced to operate next to each other in the confined quarters of the ship. There's no way to provide distance between the crew.

Now the TR is docked at a naval Base on Guam, unable to perform its mission. The Captain's moronic decision has put a five billion dollar critical national security asset out of commission.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Annnd he's history. The Secretary of the Navy canned Captain Brett Crozier three hours ago. Crozier leaked the letter he sent to the Chief of Naval Operations yesterday to the press, saying the rapid spread of Covid-19 on the ship was out of control and directed the heat away from himself.

Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly announced Thursday that the commanding officer of the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, now docked in Guam, was relieved "at my direction."

Navy Capt. Brett Crozier, the carrier’s commander, was sacked after he was accused of leaking a letter to the media that went "outside the chain of command" pleading for help after more than 100 sailors on board tested positive for the coronavirus, and nearly 100 others are suspected of contracting the virus.

Modly said: "This decision is not one of retribution."

"I did not come to this decision lightly," he said. "I have no doubt in my mind [Captain] Crozier did what he thought was in the best interest [of] the safety and well being of his crew. Unfortunately, he did the opposite."

"It unnecessarily raised alarms with the families of our sailors and Marines with no plan to address those concerns," Modley continued. "It raised concerns about the operational security and operational capability of that ship that could have emboldened our adversaries to seek advantage and it undermined the chain of command.

Modly said he didn't mind Crozier raising concerns, but "it was the way in which he did it."

Modly said it "created panic on the ship" and "misrepresented the facts," adding that Americans back home were "panicked."

Modly said more than 100 sailors have tested positive and there will be more, but said all the cases are "mild."

Modly said Crozier created a panic by suggesting 50 sailors could die.

"It raised alarm bells unnecessarily," he told Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin.

Modly said the commanding officer could have reached out to him directly, but didn't.

He was also not happy the letter was sent out over email that is "not secure."

Modly said he thought the skipper became "overwhelmed" at the situation and acted unprofessionally and violated the "sacred trust" given to all commanding officers in the Navy.

The letter from Crozier to top Navy brass was first obtained by the San Francisco Chronicle.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
Crew salute and cheering for the commander on his departure of the ship, standing elbow to elbow, not distancing :eek: ;). The carrier must be full of a bunch of bed wetting libs. Any one of these officers, this Captain included, would be livid if one of their sailors went above or out of the chain of command to make a complaint. ;) :p

rrrr

Reaction score
I saw that. I also noticed wearing uniforms apparently isn't a requirement in the Navy anymore.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
So any updates? Been a few months. 4400 sailors, 1100 cases, one death, which is quite sad. That’s all I can find.

Rates:

Infection 25%
Death .0227%

FreeBird236

Reaction score
It's back in service training off the coast of Guam, captain says they are able to deal with any future problems. There are some people and situations where masks are being worn. I figure they're all taking hydroxychloroquine, but nobody's admitting to it.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
So any updates? Been a few months. 4400 sailors, 1100 cases, one death, which is quite sad. That’s all I can find.

Rates:

Infection 25%
Death .0227%
It's back in service training off the coast of Guam, captain says they are able to deal with any future problems. There are some people and situations where masks are being worn. I figure they're all taking hydroxychloroquine, but nobody's admitting to it.
Meant to quote.;)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Below info is from here: https://www.riverdavesplace.com/xen...l-ignore-all-of-this-data-and-science.218328/

More science and data!

She looked at a perfect model / "experiment" - the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier (you remember - the Captain whined and lost his job)...

Look at the numbers!

Bottom line: 82.7% of the population won't get the virus even when exposed to it!

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 10.12.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 10.12.57 AM.png