WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid paranoid or??

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I already have cancer so you can put me in the high-risk category if you want to... even though it's been 8 years and it really just makes me tired, that's it.

I got the vaccine because there's a nearly 100% chance of living if you get covid.

My wife and I both had covid before the vaccine and she still cannot taste or smell anything since January.

I'm sure you could find a few exceptions but at this point there are hundreds of millions of people that have been vaccinated.

They are calling it the pandemic of the unvaccinated now.

Microchip, political motivation, not approved? compared to what I've done to my body that all doesn't mean s***.

I vote for staying alive and anything that might help.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wait a minute. The last 2 Covid threads I started ended up quickly in the dungeon. And neither turned political.

How is it possible the mods haven't moved this Covid thread yet?

They turned something or they wouldn't have been moved... This one will get moved as well. I just wanted peoples takes. Per usual some of the kids can't talk like adults.

RD

petie6464

Reaction score
I would do anything to avoid Missouri in August, that lake and the whole deal sucks ass, you have a far better and cleaner lake down the street.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well I appreciate the comments guys, and I'm about right where I started, albeit now wondering where the F you get some of these drugs that people are putting out there?

RD

JDKRXW

Reaction score
The best prevention from getting Covid is "Prevention" something that is really never discussed on the fear channels. I don't know the vitamins to be taking exactly, my wife does that part, but I know that zinc is a big one, vitamins C and D, and melatonin at night, I think I take about 4 others though. The information is out there on what is the best to take. We have a natural pathic Dr. friend who gave us the formula, and she's really good.

Not correct at all.
What you're describing doesn't prevent you from 'getting' Covid.
It helps you be asymptomatic or have minimal symptoms when do get it.

oldschool

Reaction score
I would get the anti body test done for sure, you may of had it already and been asymptomatic. Then move to the vax if that shows negative, even the first shot will help. Then I’d live my life. I have a mask you can use as an extra precaution.
6B468FEB-3F50-431D-A0DF-13A0933E6C07.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I saw no such turn into politics in either thread

I didn't say they turned political.. I said they turned into "something" same thing as this thread did.. People can't talk like adults.. We used to have the Virus section, but I thought it was going away so I combined it with the political section. Now the Political section is also the virus section hence the moves.. Either way none of this shit belongs in the lounge.

I was hoping to get some real world opinions without the people just throwing jabs and darts at a wall.

RD

bogeygolf

Reaction score
Roy passing this last weekend has really thrown me for a loop. I habe always been concerned about getting the virus, but like most just wash hands regularly and don’t go licking door knobs..

However I am supposed to leave for LOTO here in two weeks, and I’m doing the math on this.. I don’t know if I will catch covid or not there.. but I know a 100% with 100’s of thousands of people coming from all over there is a 100% chance I’m gonna get exposed to it.

I’m just not sure it’s worth risking my life to goto a boating event.

On the inverse side though I can’t help but wonder if you couldn’t just as easily lick it up from a gas pump or a shopping cart.. it’s spreading around Havasu like wild fire right now.

I already have commitments towardsa house we rented snd it’s gonna get paid whether we go or not.. which is 2-3k. Total trip all in if we got would be 10-15.. (towing the boat out this year and flying everyone else in)..

Would you go? I am kinda leaning towards not going..
If you have to ask the question you already know the answer.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
If you are truly concerned about your health, my advice is don't let the loss of a few thousand$ in lodging convince you to go. Go with your gut. This is a really tough decision to make, as it's kind of like a game of roulette.

Ever seen the movie "final destination"? Makes you think perhaps when it's check out time, it's indeed check out time no matter what you do.

530RL

Reaction score
Couple things to weigh in your decision making process,

If you get it there and symptoms start, you will not be able to fly home commercially.

The hospitals there are pretty full.

If you get it and come home, you get to go to the hospital in Havasu..... :oops:

Baja 252

Reaction score
Some people get sick easily and catch stuff all the time, some don't. Some get the flu or a cold a couple times a year and are sick for days, some cough, sneeze and just push through in a couple days. Personally I'm lucky, I just flat out don't get sick, haven't had the flu or a cold in years. I think I went 30-40 years without even going to a doctor. Maybe I'm crazy, but I believe covid wouldn't take me if I get it.

On the flip side, if anything is going around my step-daughter gets it and gets it bad. She's a healthy 27, fit, eats right and exercises, it's all in your genes I guess.
In my non-medical opinion, this is why there is no rime or reason why some healthy people die from covid and some unhealthy people get over it.
I'm constantly riding her to be smart and be safe. At 27 I think she's more at risk than I am at 65.

Before you come, I think one thing to consider (along with everything else) is what category are you and your family (if they're coming) are in?

SR

Cajun Member
Reaction score
Well I appreciate the comments guys, and I'm about right where I started, albeit now wondering where the F you get some of these drugs that people are putting out there?

RD
Try https://www.customrx.net/ , they should be able to provide a few telemed options for prescriptions.

I don't blame you for the hesitancy on the vax, no one has delivered 100% of the facts regarding Covid or the vax.
I believe lots of folks that already took the vax have to stand by it at this point. No long term info on side effects of either. I'm not sure how to avoid Covid completely but I can sure avoid an experimental injection (until more is known good or bad). I sure as hell am not interested in long term side effects of Covid (unavoidable at some point) and side effects from a vax that is causing problems already, which I believe are under reported, as the push from gov., some dr. & hospitals and big pharma are extreme to the point of suspicious. Something is way off, they have lied to us since the beginning as far as I can tell. Did they change course and start telling us the truth at some point that I must have missed?

Edit to add, There is more and more info coming out about the success of Ivermectin administered in the early stages of Covid .

riverroyal

Reaction score
tough call. I would go. I am vaccinated and for those who are not thats great, doesnt matter to me. But, Im not super cautious like I was. Im in downtown LA in a Westin hotel. Which turned out to be a shit hole. Full of near homeless and maybe some that are. Im masked up, keeping my distance and washing my hands more.
Just go, use caution. Stay as far away from others as possible. If thats not in the cards and your freaked out then stay home.

But, you have the same odds of catching it in Havasu with 4 people on your boat at Topock, so you need to change your daily routine if LOTO has you concerned,

It is NOT the flu. Some may have flue type symptoms until it travels down passed your throat.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

RD

Americas Frontline Doctors will do a telemedicine call and send a script to your pharmacy.

A good friend of me and HowardFlat's got it, her husband is a throat cancer survivor that was meant to die years ago, hes been through chemo rounds, stem cell therapy, and bone marrow transplants, he literally looks like a different person from the shit he's gone through medically over the last 10 years, like unrecognizable. She did a telemedicine with them, they sent her the scrips for HCQ/Zpac, she made it right through, husband never caught it, they are 65ish.

Some people it does have a really bad reaction to, could be a blood type thing, could be some co-morbidity that they don't even know they had.

Back in Novemember me HowardFlat, and his sister drove out to look at some property near Joel and Amy in AZ, All 3 of us spent all day together, probably 6 hours or more in the car, We all come home and go our separate ways, The next day Howardflat and his sister come down with symptoms, they don't live together and the only contact they had with each other for that whole week was when the 3 of us were together. I never really developed anything other than a couple mornings later had some nasty snot when i woke up. A few days later, "Dawson's Creek" calls me and says "You hear Howardflat is home with Covid?",

"Oh shit really?",

he asks how i'm feeling and i'm responding "fine, why you asking me?",

..... "Didn't you go to AZ with them a few days back? they both got it when they came home"...

I was thinking, weird, i feel fine, but now that you mention it i did have some minor congestion that one morning and kinda felt like something might be coming on, but it was gone by 10am and i never thought about it again... They both ended up riding right through it, were back to normal in about a week and said it was like a flu for them...

The thing is you never know how it's gonna affect you, most people seem to skate right through, some get it hit pretty hard, and some unfortunately end up with pnuemonia and severe complications like Roy did....

Honestly as much exposure as you have in Havasu, and as many transients come through that town all summer, i'm surprised you or Stacy haven't got it by now. Remember it just takes contact with the one right person or scenario..... Could happen anywhere, hell there are flat out hermits, like you've mentioned, that have got it....

Out of all of this what really blows my mind, and kind of pisses me off is that most doctors seem to offer absolutely no treatment, "Oh you tested positive?" Go home and isolate, if it gets bad come to the ER or call 911..... Then seems like many of those same ones won't prescribe HCQ, Ivermectin, or any of the other things that have now PROVEN to be effective, nope just ride it out on your own, drink water and soup and stay rested... like really, wtf? Then other people will call you a whacko for mentioning these totally safe treatments that EVEN if they did nothing for covid have absolutely NO negative side effects.... Their only answer is "get the vaccine".... This is not how medicine has ever worked before. The whole thing has everyone scared and freaked out TO DO ANYTHING, it's pretty sad really.

Basically i've got no advice for you, just like many others have said, you gotta talk with Stacy and come to your own conclusion as what you are gonna do.

Nordie

Reaction score
The wife and I were just talking about the Vid the other day. She's vaxxed and I am not. She seems to follow everything that's being said on Fecesbook, and I tend to read here and other sites. As of now I'm anyi getting the vax, but am getting more concerned that forced vaccinations is going to be a thing. Look at what the New York mayor said yesterday or the day before.

Back to our conversation we were having. The CDC, Faucci's emails, and their mind or site changes daily, what's happening in other countries. I flat told me wife, what the fuck are we supposed to believe anymore? I don't think our .gov has been honest with us whatsoever. Not only that but big pharma is big business, you know there is kickbacks and people are making big money. I'm sure our politicians are benefiting from this in some way or another.

2Driver

Reaction score
It’s unbelievable how many deeply rooted opinions there are on the effects, treatment, cure and prevention for a known virus. The spot light is the not the virus anymore, its the 3-ring circus going on because of it.

2Driver

Reaction score
Um...... not really? Plus the Vax doesn't stop infections. Never has.

Also, the delta strain is nowhere near as deadly. Look at the death graph

Hospitalizations have also barely ticked up on this "wave".

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Yep really, ;) I said last time we had infections this high it was before the Vaccine was out. Last time we hit 2000 a day was end of January. Almost no one was fully vaxed then. But, yes hospitalizations are only up 10% the last 6 weeks.

I go about my day, fuck it im tired of it and the biggest factor is I have little faith in numbers published by the governments.
That said, I do have a Pre-med student friend working at a test results facility and he said the positive rates are in line with their testing. Shit who knows, God forbid if this BS is our life now, but I thinking it may be.

squeezer

Reaction score
And now for the Liberal opinion.

First, its sounds like you realize Covid is real and can kill you. (There are some posting here that don't believe thats true. Ignore them). With that said its a risk vs reward equation that only you can solve.

Evaluate your risk level:

Any underlying conditions? (You and anybody you will be in contact with for a few weeks after the trip)

Whats your tolerance for a hospital stay if you are one of the few that get severe symptoms?

Kids all healthy... Delta is hitting younger populations.

Evaluate the environmental risk:

What are the rates like in the area, probably not really valid with the number of people coming in from elsewhere.

Can you go there and avoid high risk gatherings? All indicators are that it is nearly impossible to catch this thing outside. Can you minimize indoor activity? Midwest in August means on the water or inside with AC. If you rented a private residence and can keep your bubble tight then thats not all bad.

Will you and your family wear N95 masks when in riskier environments?

Reward level: Thats mostly your call but with kids the age of yours I bet you could eat the sunk housing costs then take the additional $10K and have a kick ass time close to home.

Is there business revenue at stake by not going? (Dont expect a public answer...)

Lay out a "T-Chart" wth pros and cons, have the family add their thoughts and make a decision.

My wife is high risk so we evaluate activities like this all the time...

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
If there is something in your gut that is speaking to you RD, follow the gut.
Rob

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I was pretty much done worrying about Covid. But

We just had our 2nd kid last week. The attending Doctor spent some time BSing with my wife since she is a nurse. He said as of that morning 20 covid people were in ICU 9 on vents, none were vaxed and a large portion were in there 30's and were in good health prior..

So I started going down the rabbit hole again. She is Vaxed and I am not, its not an issue between us, we run our own lives but it is pretty counter intuitive lol. To me there is just no right answer. I wont and cant live under a rock, there is an unkown factor of getting covid and how your reaction would be to it, and there is an unknown factor of the vax as well. It would be shitty to die from covid and leave my wife with 2 kids when there was a vax that may not stop you from getting the virus but definilty helps you to not get super sick. On the other hand I just dont trust the shot.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
And now for the Liberal opinion.

First, its sounds like you realize Covid is real and can kill you. (There are some posting here that don't believe thats true. Ignore them). With that said its a risk vs reward equation that only you can solve.

Evaluate your risk level:

Any underlying conditions? (You and anybody you will be in contact with for a few weeks after the trip)

Whats your tolerance for a hospital stay if you are one of the few that get severe symptoms?

Kids all healthy... Delta is hitting younger populations.

Evaluate the environmental risk:

What are the rates like in the area, probably not really valid with the number of people coming in from elsewhere.

Can you go there and avoid high risk gatherings? All indicators are that it is nearly impossible to catch this thing outside. Can you minimize indoor activity? Midwest in August means on the water or inside with AC. If you rented a private residence and can keep your bubble tight then thats not all bad.

Will you and your family wear N95 masks when in riskier environments?

Reward level: Thats mostly your call but with kids the age of yours I bet you could eat the sunk housing costs then take the additional $10K and have a kick ass time close to home.

Is there business revenue at stake by not going? (Dont expect a public answer...)

Lay out a "T-Chart" wth pros and cons, have the family add their thoughts and make a decision.

My wife is high risk so we evaluate activities like this all the time...

You still here? Figured you’d be at a NAMBLA convention or something.

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
Those comparing someone being killed in a boat accident or car accident and asking are you going to stop boating/driving...... that is not a fair comparison. A better comparison would be driving my car 140 mph on the freeway, not simply driving a car.

Dave, I would go with your gut.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Those comparing someone being killed in a boat accident or car accident and asking are you going to stop boating/driving...... that is not a fair comparison. A better comparison would be driving my call 140 mph on the freeway, not simply driving a car.

Well, like I’ve said more than once, I drive way too fast to worry about the flu..

Singleton

Reaction score
Going to LOTO and boating is not the risk. It is all the social activities with those not staying in your rental house.
I don’t see @RiverDave being able to do LOTO without all the social activities. Trust your gut.

yes Covid cases are increasing and a larger % of unvaccinated are ending up the the hospital. old school math = Vaccine reduces how your body processes Covid, so those unvaccinated will end up in the hospital more then those vaccinated.

datapoint I found = only .21% of new Covid cases are ending up in the hospital based on LA counties last press release. Compared to 5.6% in December 2020.

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
Well, like I’ve said more than once, I drive way too fast to worry about the flu..

Do you wear a seatbelt?[emoji15][emoji3]

I am not pro vax but I did get the vax today. Mainly for work so I don’t have to wear a mask. But also because I was waiting to see how it worked out for everyone else. With a small % of people have a complication compared to the majority who do well with the vax. Well I guess I caved in. [emoji850][emoji850]

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@RiverDave , I'll try to speak as grown up as possible...not an easy task.

No matter what any of us rejects say, one way or the other, it up to you and your wife. As the lib said, risk vs reward. In your business, both RDP and the real estate stuff, you are always around people. Your risk level is already relatively high.

I live under a rock pretty much, not many dealings with people. My wife on the other hand, was down in Phoenix at a couple clubs this weekend...and she works in a school...petri dish. We're both fine.

Every household dynamic is different. You and your wife are the only ones that can make the decision. You do have to take into account not only if you get sick, but her as well. God forbid the kids get ill. What is prepared interms of support should one or both parents get sick? What is at risk should you not go? What could be done to recover any spent funds via @shintoooo ?

You can find answers, but they won't come from us. Sit down with the Missus, and figure out what works best for your home.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
It’s unbelievable how many deeply rooted opinions there are on the effects, treatment, cure and prevention for a known virus. The spot light is the not the virus anymore, its the 3-ring circus going on because of it.

Exactly what they want. Division on any level and at any cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Its actually more deadly. Didnt you read the chart? Dont you know how to math? LIKE FLIES!!!!!!!!

How dare you belittle members wifes that are nurses or working on their phds.
The dickhead strikes again. 🖕🏼

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Dude.. ask KAP, ask Andy ask sever regulars on this board.. this is not the flu.. KAP had to inject lava into his ass because he thought he was Gonna die. He’s in better shape than anyone on this board. Same as Andy. This ain’t the flu.. it’s kinda irritating that people keep saying that when people are dropping like flies
Our government has fucked up per usual especially on a consistent message. Covid is serious. The case number is false thanks to the pcr test and how it’s used. Death rate is false thanks to the fear porn and financial incentives. This also means the 99.999999 survival rate is also false.

The vax is not a vax...it’s gene therapy. It’s meant for the most vulnerable. Mass vax is yet another govt fuck up. Risky at injection, causes mutation since vaxxed can spread, and it’s unknown if it will usher in the virus as the antibodies wain. All CDC, FDA confirmed. Vax is not working well for Delta. The vaxxed are way too confident and shouldn’t be. The inventor of mRNA is Dr Malone...he’s vaxxed and these are his CURRENT thoughts.

Covid is here to stay, and yes I am paranoid about it. You definitely should be on a vitamin and drug regimen to not get it. At least have the treatment plan and meds if/when you do. Like a first aid kit or food storage.

Wipe your ass with the mask...it’s false security. Proper masking is a brand new N95 properly secured to your shaven face and it slightly works.

With all that said...I would go. There are VERY few recorded cases of outdoor spread. Definitely avoid others and crowds indoors.

Remember, there are 3 sides to a story and truth is somewhere in the middle.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Dude my Doctor has a bandaid and a chicken foot.. LOL. I'd trust some of the opinions on RDP more.

RD

Here’s my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it. lol
It sounds like you already know your decision.
Although it may seem I’m all antivax anti everything covid that isn’t true.
Roy was a big blow. I only met him once but as you know he was one of those guys you automatically know is something special.
It hits everyone totally different.
Countless members here have had it and the effects run from a sneezing fit to death.
Nothing is for certain.
Ive ignored virtually every covid protocol since 2 weeks to flatten the curve was over.
Went a full year unemployed stalking Havasu with literally thousands of personal contacts with people from all over the country...and I’m sure that’s less than the number of people you’ve been in contact with.
I Can NOT get sick I swear. Ive had no less than 10 negative tests and haven’t coughed once in a year and a half.
I quit smoking 1 1/2 years ago. I had a smoke in your driveway with you a while back when I had a little buzz on!
Point is that no one fucking knows.
Everyone is right and everyone is wrong all at once.
If you are worried then don’t go. That’s pocket change compared to family.
I can’t get sick and a guy like Roy dies.
That’s where we are.
Now...I have not one single person depending on me so let’s talk about a package buy out...

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
One lake or another...do what you do in havazoo. I have a good friend that engineers the plane filtration systems...he and his fam is cov paranoid but he swears by it...that’s the only real difference for the trip. Stay away from people indoors. Just like you do. Have fun!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Hey off topic but just saw. If you have got the experimental vaccine. Your life insurance might be void. Anyone able to confirm. Anyone in the life insurance business that has a answer or can clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk