WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid Safety Theater Comes To My Doorstep!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So this morning the principal of my kids school calls my wife around 10 AM. Says she is really sorry she even has to do this but, we have to come down and pick up our son because someone in his class that he sits near tested positive for Covid on Wed 10/5. My son is fine, 0 symptoms.

Wife goes to pick up my son and there are 5 other kids from his class in the office for the same reason. My wife is is on the PTA board so the principal pulls her aside and apologizes again and says this whole thing is stupid, but they have to follow protocol. Ok fine.

So she gets a few papers and 4 Covid tests.

These are the options for kids labeled as "exposure risks"-
Option 1 - Submit one test today by 4 PM, and then again on Sat, Mon, and Wed of next week. they will check his temp when he gets to school, and if all tests are negative, and he has no temp, great. In the meantime my kid can just "isolate at school" which in TK means nothing, he is just in class with the other kids. He can go to school tomorrow as long as we keep submitting tests through Wed.
Option 2 - Isolate at home and after 9 days you can test and if the test is negative you can come back to school.
Option 3 - Isolate at home for 14 days, you don't have to test at all.

Wife asks - What about my daughter in 4th grade that lives in the same house, what does she have to do? They roll their eyes and say nothing, she is not considered an "exposure risk" and again say the district process is broken and dumb.

So full protocol for a kid with "exposure risk", yet nothing, no protocol at all for a kid that lives with an "exposure risk"

So we are going to keep my son home tomorrow because we probably won't get the results of his first test back in time for school. We will temp check my daughter in the morning and send her to school. If my son's tests comes back positive we will reevaluate.. But there goes my river weekend.

Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
Your daughter would be considered a second hand exposure and to my knowledge this was never addressed by the CDC. I know early on no one counted second hand exposures as being exposed 🤷‍♂️

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
So this morning the principal of my kids school calls my wife around 10 AM. Says she is really sorry she even has to do this but, we have to come down and pick up our son because someone in his class that he sits near tested positive for Covid on Wed 10/5. My son is fine, 0 symptoms.

Wife goes to pick up my son and there are 5 other kids from his class in the office for the same reason. My wife is is on the PTA board so the principal pulls her aside and apologizes again and says this whole thing is stupid, but they have to follow protocol. Ok fine.

Option 1 - Submit one test today by 4 PM, and then again on Sat, Mon, and Wed of next week. they will check his temp when he gets to school, and if all tests are negative, and he has no temp, great. In the meantime my kid can just "isolate at school" which in TK means nothing, he is just in class with the other kids. He can go to school tomorrow as long as we keep submitting tests through Wed.
Option 2 - Isolate at home and after 9 days you can test and if the test is negative you can come back to school.

Wife asks - What about my daughter in 4th grade that lives in the same house, what does she have to do? They roll their eyes and say nothing, she is not considered an "exposure risk" and again say the district process is broken and dumb.

So full protocol for a kid with "exposure risk", yet nothing, no protocol at all for a kid that lives with an "exposure risk"

So we are going to keep my son home tomorrow because we probably won't get the results of his first test back in time for school. We will temp check my daughter in the morning and send her to school. If my son's tests comes back positive we will reevaluate.. But there goes my river weekend.
wait all the more reason to go he will be less of an exposure risk here than there.

4Waters

Reaction score
10/5 he is past the 10 day

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And they wonder why kids of this generation will carry around an unnecessary phobia with them for a lifetime

My kids are fine, no phobias and we encourage their social interaction. I don't have any concern there. Its just funny that everyone in the admin office, even the principal realizes the "system" has serious flaws. If we were serious about prevention at least 2 siblings that go to the same school that live together would be given tests if one was exposed.. but whatever.

That said, I'm happy they are in school. Hopefully this is just all a song and dance and no one gets sick.. but we'll see.

azsunfun

Reaction score
My kids are fine, no phobias and we encourage their social interaction. I don't have any concern there. Its just funny that everyone in the admin office, even the principal realizes the "system" has serious flaws. If we were serious about prevention at least 2 siblings that go to the same school that live together would be given tests if one was exposed.. but whatever.

That said, I'm happy they are in school. Hopefully this is just all a song and dance and no one gets sick.. but we'll see.
your kids are good on phobias, how about you spiders, low cielings? maddening isnt it?

grumpy88

Reaction score
There will not be a shortage of ditch diggers in the future . The school boards have it handled .

endobear

Reaction score
My nephews got sent home about 3 times each last year because someone in the 5 person pod got the vid.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wife being a teacher just went through this last week. Student sick, that group quarantined...but not siblings?! Makes no sense. This week, one of her "special" kids (not much English, some learning disabilities...) coughing. Wife gets a translator to find out kid has a headache, sore throat...and her mom gave her a bunch of medicine and sent her to school!
My wife could care less about positive or negative tests. She's pretty old school. If the kid's sick, keep them home. If the kid has the sniffles, not much to worry about as this time of year it's pretty common.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I've been through this quarantine three times already. We go for the 14 days rather than try to follow procedure for the other options. Hey at least I can leave for the river on Thursdays.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
The system is broken because schools and the teachers unions are clearly underfunded duh. How are they suppose to operate efficiently and logically on crumbs?

azsunfun

Reaction score
dont bend over for the gum on the bottom! your children will be fine insanity will end.🤡

RCDave

Reaction score

I never referred to your kids. Just kids generally. What these kids have endured over the past few years has an impact on their development. So many are messed up by all this unnecessary government over reaction. Errr...attempt to instill fear for control purposes

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I never referred to your kids. Just kids generally. What these kids have endured over the past few years has an impact on their development. So many are messed up by all this unnecessary government over reaction. Errr...attempt to instill fear for control purposes

I know you didn’t. Kids are resilient, more resilient than adults if empowered and nurtured vs. protected and coddled. We’ve never been worried about this stuff, and they were in school everyday which helped a lot. The mask thing in class is annoying, but it is not going to irreparably damage my kids.

Then i’ve got a friend with driving age teen that gets anxiety over ordering a meal from a waitress in a restaurant.

Singleton

Reaction score
Dealt with this illogical process last week.
our district has different standards if exposure occurs on campus vs outside campus.
the logic is Covid is safer if exposure is on campus.
off campus exposure is mandatory 14 day quarantine. On campus exposure varies from 7 to 10 days (vax and testing determines that), no test 14 days.
if you call your kid out sick - mandatory negative test to return back to campus

RCDave

Reaction score
I had such a great childhood in a time there wasn't much drama to juggle. I just remember every little thing is such a big thing to a kid.

Wish the kids today could grow up with innocence and stability

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I had such a great childhood in a time there wasn't much drama to juggle. I just remember every little thing is such a big thing to a kid.

Wish the kids today could grow up with innocence and stability

Their biggest problem is they saw the bolt in the weld of the Speed car. We are on week 3 of counseling.

Seriously the biggest challenge will be keeping them off social media. If I can get though middle school OK, we might be in good shape.

Some kid told his friend he likes my daughter today, and the friend stood up and told the whole class. Apparently that was the talk of the school today.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Rediculous. We get a “notification of exposure” once or twice a week. We just chuckle- both of us being in healthcare, he’s exposed everyday. Luckily they don’t make him leave school.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I just went thru this last week. CVUSD made my some get 2 negative tests over a weeks period, as well as quarantine.

He missed 7 days of instruction

BS

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I just went thru this last week. CVUSD made my some get 2 negative tests over a weeks period, as well as quarantine.

He missed 7 days of instruction

BS

Yea I suspected other districts in So Cal have it far worse than me. I like that he doesn’t have to miss any school at all as long as he has negative tests and not showing symptoms or a fever.

If this is that dangerous for kids, the “do nothing” for the siblings is the dumb part in my mind.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Yea I suspected other districts in So Cal have it far worse than me. I like that he doesn’t have to miss any school at all as long as he has negative tests and not showing symptoms or a fever.

If this is that dangerous for kids, the “do nothing” for the siblings is the dumb part in my mind.
We literally asked..."so, what about his sister"
-Nah she's fine, she can attend.

Lol

Makes zero sense

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
My son has allergies and got kicked out of school for 5 days while we took him to get formally tested. Yup, he tested negative, but his liberal douchebag teacher thought it was the end of the world. At this point, my time is limited as I'm pretty sure they are going to require kids in San Diego County to get vaccinated to attend school. This is the last straw for us if it happens. Going to Texas in November to check see if it's a good fit.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Of course. I’ve known that since Feb 2020.
I think the “accidental” planned release was supposed to be much more efficient at depopulating the planet and the vaxx is a contingency plan.

I think the pandemic failed because the timeline had to be accelerated to remove trump.

Joe Biden received more votes than ANY president in American history, even Obama.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My son has allergies and got kicked out of school for 5 days while we took him to get formally tested. Yup, he tested negative, but his liberal douchebag teacher thought it was the end of the world. At this point, my time is limited as I'm pretty sure they are going to require kids in San Diego County to get vaccinated to attend school. This is the last straw for us if it happens. Going to Texas in November to check see if it's a good fit.
Didn’t you hear? The state already has that requirement in the session beginning after FDA approval. In Jan or July it will be mandatory for kids to attend school.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think the “accidental” planned release was supposed to be much more efficient at depopulating the planet and the vaxx is a contingency plan.

It’s China, they screw up everything.

j21black

Reaction score
My kid loves it when someone around him test +, a week home from school.

Daughter moved to online last year and stayed there. She is happy to work 60 hours/week and finish up her senior year at home.

Singleton

Reaction score
Didn’t you hear? The state already has that requirement in the session beginning after FDA approval. In Jan or July it will be mandatory for kids to attend school.

Researched this today. - Has to be FDA approved for the full age range of the school.
The requirement will take effect at the start of the term following full approval of that grade span, to be defined as January 1st or July 1st. Based on current information, the C19 vaccine requirement is expected to apply to grades 7-12 starting on July 1, 2022. So in my district (Carlsbad), that is HS only starting 2022.

Since our middle school is 6-8 grade, that is forecasted to be Jan 2023. The full age range elementary (K-5), will need FDA approval prior to the mandate starting for that. Hearing July 2023 or Jan 2024.

Trying to get everything setup to leave CA when my daughter transfers from elementary to middle school to avoid this.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
Their biggest problem is they saw the bolt in the weld of the Speed car. We are on week 3 of counseling.

Seriously the biggest challenge will be keeping them off social media. If I can get though middle school OK, we might be in good shape.

Some kid told his friend he likes my daughter today, and the friend stood up and told the whole class. Apparently that was the talk of the school today.
I have tried my hardest to keep my 7th grade step daughter off Social Media, but she has almost been "out casted" by her friends for not having Tik Tok, Snap Chat and all the other garbage. So she is allowed limited time per Day, monitored, to be on. It amazes me how many parents are clueless and dont give a shit what their kids are digesting with these apps.

She had an episode last week at school. A boy kept harrasing her. Called her "Dora the Explorer" and "go back to El Salvador" since she is a Latina. So she decided to scratch him with a mechanical pencil. He goes and cries to the teacher like a lil bitch, both now have detentions and written up. I told her to ignore the clowns, and that this nerd probably likes her, and this is hos way of showing it.

Its already starting! LOL

sintax

Reaction score
And they wonder why kids of this generation will carry around an unnecessary phobia with them for a lifetime

Just a little healthy programming, to push some future agendas

Meaney77

Reaction score

Surprised I missed this one yesterday.

We are going thru the exact same thing as we speak... My youngest one tested positive on 09/28 so we kept her home for the last 10 days. In her class they found 6 other kids that were within "close contact" with her and also sent all of them home. My wife is beside herself and feels terrible for the other kids and parents because kids are out of school and parents are missing work.

Meanwhile my daughter had only 2 days of minor cold like symptoms and has since been bouncing off the walls. My other 2 kids have had zero symptoms of anything and cant wait to get back to school. My wife and I are doing the juggling act as we are both working from home so trying to work, teach, feed, and keep them busy has been a challenge and we are both ready for a vacation. Its a PIA, all 3 kids are fine and going stir crazy yet I have to watch where I take them. We cant just go on a bike ride down the street and go to the local to us park where everyone from school could see us. So frustrated

My youngest one's 10 days is up and she can return to school Monday however now the school as of last night is saying my other 2 kids cant return for an additional 10 days because my youngest daughter wasn't completely isolated. Their expectation (keep in mind she is 5) is for her to remain in her room and not come out of it. She is to use only a dedicated bathroom for herself and is essentially to be isolated to that section of the house which is virtually impossible. As of Monday once she returns then the rest of the family 10 day quarantine can begin.

My wife is a big part of the PTA and also know the Principal pretty well and gave her an ass tearing over the phone like I havent heard- telling her that this is absolute BS and that they have all lost any common sense when it comes to Covid the most deadly disease around. Apparently the "covid team" is going to review our case and we are supposed to get an answer sometime today and we are hoping the other 2 can return Monday with negative tests. This has been a major inconvenience for all of us, kids are all missing school and not learning like they would in person. Also impacting sports- they play soccer and softball and are in gymnastics and havent been able to do any of it since this all started.

If this truly is the case, the rules are forcing parents to lie about all of it and potentially send sick kids to school. It would have been much easier on 09/28 when this all happened to tell the school that the entire family tested positive (knowing we all were not) and we all did our 10 day sentence and now on day 11 we feel fine and are going back to school and work.

The world has absolutely lost its mind when it comes to this. Its actually funny to see some of the other parents showing their true colors when it comes to this.

Last edited:

ahavasu

Reaction score

Possible loophole they are already looking to remedy. Based on the article they are in no hurry to pass legislation so if they pump the brakes a minute perhaps the failures of these vaccines will rear their ugly heads and common sense will finally prevail.....BIG ASK, I KNOW!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
My 10yo told me yesterday that he had to sneeze, so he lifted his mask that hes required to wear, tucked his face into his sweatshirt he was wearing and sneezed down into his armpit area beneath the sweatshirt, and he said his teacher scolded him and said he needs to sneeze into his mask...so I sent her a message to clarify and she said yes the preferred method of sneezing is into the mask, so I asked her if she thought sneezing straight into a mask with face out in the open was a safer option then sneezing into his armpit under his sweatshirt, and she said she was just following the guidelines that are sent to them from the CDC....smh...people lost their mind...I told my son if you have to sneeze again, do so like you have been doing, do not sneeze into your mask!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Researched this today. - Has to be FDA approved for the full age range of the school.
The requirement will take effect at the start of the term following full approval of that grade span, to be defined as January 1st or July 1st. Based on current information, the C19 vaccine requirement is expected to apply to grades 7-12 starting on July 1, 2022. So in my district (Carlsbad), that is HS only starting 2022.

Since our middle school is 6-8 grade, that is forecasted to be Jan 2023. The full age range elementary (K-5), will need FDA approval prior to the mandate starting for that. Hearing July 2023 or Jan 2024.

Trying to get everything setup to leave CA when my daughter transfers from elementary to middle school to avoid this.
My wife has been researching all of this also. My kids are young so it wouldnt impact them until 2023 like you stated. She is ready to pull the plug on CA all together and move to a state where this wont be enforced. Its sad, I think its only a matter of time before other states follow CA.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Surprised I missed this one yesterday.

We are going thru the exact same thing as we speak... My youngest one tested positive on 09/28 so we kept her home for the last 10 days. In her class they found 6 other kids that were within "close contact" with her and also sent all of them home. My wife is beside herself and feels terrible for the other kids and parents because kids are out of school and parents are missing work.

Meanwhile my daughter had only 2 days of minor cold like symptoms and has since been bouncing off the walls. My other 2 kids have had zero symptoms of anything and cant wait to get back to school. My wife and I are doing the juggling act as we are both working from home so trying to work, teach, feed, and keep them busy has been a challenge and we are both ready for a vacation. Its a PIA, all 3 kids are fine and going stir crazy yet I have to watch where I take them. We cant just go on a bike ride down the street and go to the local to us park where everyone from school could see us. So frustrated

My youngest one's 10 days is up and she can return to school Monday however now the school as of last night is saying my other 2 kids cant return for an additional 10 days because my youngest daughter wasn't completely isolated. Their expectation (keep in mind she is 5) is for her to remain in her room and not come out of it. She is to use only a dedicated bathroom for herself and is essentially to be isolated to that section of the house which is virtually impossible. As of Monday once she returns then the rest of the family 10 day quarantine can begin.

My wife is a big part of the PTA and also know the Principal pretty well and gave her an ass tearing over the phone like I havent heard- telling her that this is absolute BS and that they have all lost any common sense when it comes to Covid the most deadly disease around. Apparently the "covid team" is going to review our case and we are supposed to get an answer sometime today. This has been a major inconvenience for all of us, kids are all missing school and not learning like they would in person. Also impacting sports- they play soccer and softball and are in gymnastics and havent been able to do any of it since this all started.

If this truly is the case, the rules are forcing parents to lie about all of it and potentially send sick kids to school. It would have been much easier on 09/28 when this all happened to tell the school that the entire family tested positive (knowing we all were not) and we all did our 10 day sentence and now on day 11 we feel fine and are going back to school and work.

The world has absolutely lost its mind when it comes to this. Its actually funny to see some of the other parents showing their true colors when it comes to this.
Jesus I’m doing just fine compared to that. Wow.

My son is fine today. We probably won’t get his results until later today.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
This is the way our district works and it makes zero sense. If you’re truly concerned that a kid has Covid then his siblings should be at home also.

Meaney77

Reaction score
My 10yo told me yesterday that he had to sneeze, so he lifted his mask that hes required to wear, tucked his face into his sweatshirt he was wearing and sneezed down into his armpit area beneath the sweatshirt, and he said his teacher scolded him and said he needs to sneeze into his mask...so I sent her a message to clarify and she said yes the preferred method of sneezing is into the mask, so I asked her if she thought sneezing straight into a mask with face out in the open was a safer option then sneezing into his armpit under his sweatshirt, and she said she was just following the guidelines that are sent to them from the CDC....smh...people lost their mind...I told my son if you have to sneeze again, do so like you have been doing, do not sneeze into your mask!
They have lost their minds and teachers clearly dont give a shit and it shows.

One of my best friends has a daughter in high school. She is a great kid, gets great grades, she is involved with the school and sports, she's caring, kind, etc.... She got detention for not wearing her mask appropriately.- it started to slide off her face and under her nose. I guess the teacher didnt give any sort of verbal warning but instead just stated putting names on the board with check marks after. At the end of class when she asked the teacher why her name was on the board- teacher explained and gave detention. My buddy and his wife are furious.

I guess now in HS too you are looked at differently if you are not vaxed, against covid, like Trump and arent gay or transgender. Some crazy times we are living in and only getting worse. I am not much of a person who worries but I am truly worries for all 3 of my girls when they start middle school and high school.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
It’s China, they screw up everything.
They have lost their minds and teachers clearly dont give a shit and it shows.

One of my best friends has a daughter in high school. She is a great kid, gets great grades, she is involved with the school and sports, she's caring, kind, etc.... She got detention for not wearing her mask appropriately.- it started to slide off her face and under her nose. I guess the teacher didnt give any sort of verbal warning but instead just stated putting names on the board with check marks after. At the end of class when she asked the teacher why her name was on the board- teacher explained and gave detention. My buddy and his wife are furious.

I guess now in HS too you are looked at differently if you are not vaxed, against covid, like Trump and arent gay or transgender. Some crazy times we are living in and only getting worse. I am not much of a person who worries but I am truly worries for all 3 of my girls when they start middle school and high school.
That is a bleak picture.....

Starting to see how Rome could fall

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Make sure you stick it to them every chance you get.

My wife and I decided that we are not playing ball with them. We are going to be the thorn in their side. No test results, vaccine cards, dr notes, zip, zero, nada.

We want to see if they can walk the walk not just talk the talk. So far they have blinked twice.

We already put them on notice that they are on thin ice for what they did to our kids over the last 18 months. Shame on them.

They were told in no uncertain terms that we don’t need them……. They need us but we don’t need them.

I heard that up to 20% of our district parents unenrolled their kids from public school. The problem we face now is all the private is full with wait lists.

My advice to everyone is don’t put up with their BS. Push back against the school, administration and school board. Tell them that they are not needed and it is our choice to send our kids there

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Just some perspective I have gotten into it several times over the years with school’s administration with my oldest. They were mostly at fault and I called them out on it. They hate that shit but I will be damned if I let them steamroll my kid.

I can argue about anything and play to win, so they didn’t enjoy their time with me.

Don’t be afraid to be assertive and have a civil discussion about your concerns and your child’s needs. You are the only advocate your child has in this crazy world so act like it. The district could care less about your kid and it shows

MCnParker

Reaction score
The OC board of health put out their BS last month and our district sent this home for our high schoolers. I was at the board meeting 3 days later speaking and will be there again next week. We are working on a lawsuit of some sort but still in the works....So to the point made earlier, if you are not vaxed you are definitely an outcast at this point.

Here are the two scenarios and how they could happen:

1. If your student is vaccinated.
With Symptoms - 10 days quarantine
No Symptoms - No quarantine and can participate fully.

2. Unvaccinated with Face Covering
With Symptoms - 10 days quarantine
No Symptoms - Parent choice -- Full Quarantine or Modified Quarantine
Modified quarantine means the student can still come to school - If parent agrees to test (Test 2x / week, at least 3 days apart).
If the parent does not allow the test, it is a full 10 day quarantine -
In addition, the student cannot participate in extracurricular activities for 14 days (For a full look at the decision tree, you can follow this link).