WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

Taboma

Reaction score
Oh, excuse me? I was busy loading up my Ju-87 with a 1000 pounder for another truth dive bomb run.

Words in OP include "personal" and "info".
These are neither news articles nor is my opinion being expressed. It is merely information from experts.
People deserve to have access to information to foment their own informed consent.
It's their god given right as a sentient human being.
You nor anybody else will not stop me from providing alternative information to people in a time massive deception, lies and censorship.
I do it because I know of the evil that exists in the world. I do it because I still care about humanity.
Don't like it? Don't read it. Still don't like it?
Sue me.
You or anyone else will not be allowed to be a gatekeeper of information with me.
If you still feel compelled to do so, I hear Jack Dorsey is hiring, amongst others.

Gotta go, lots of work to do and truth bombs to drop, cheerio mate... bombs away!
View attachment 973856

I was asking nicely, as was 4waters when he started the thread.
His rationale being, he was hoping to prevent this thread from getting de-railed and subsequently end up in the P&G and D&G dungeon.

It's clear, you feel the importance of your message and your position as " The messenger " absolves you from any responsibility or common decency to honor his request.

Fair enough, thanks

PS: You could always start your own thread and use it to spread your message.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Oh, excuse me? I was busy loading up my Ju-87 with a 1000 pounder for another truth dive bomb run.

Words in OP include "personal" and "info".
These are neither news articles nor is my opinion being expressed. It is merely information from experts.
People deserve to have access to information to foment their own informed consent.
It's their god given right as a sentient human being.
You nor anybody else will not stop me from providing alternative information to people in a time massive deception, lies and censorship.
I do it because I know of the evil that exists in the world. I do it because I still care about humanity.
Don't like it? Don't read it. Still don't like it?
Sue me.
You, nor anyone else will not be allowed to be a gatekeeper of information with me.
If you still feel compelled to do so, I hear Jack Dorsey is hiring, amongst others.

Gotta go, lots of work to do and truth bombs to drop, cheerio mate... bombs away!
View attachment 973856

I agree with you, how about we start a thread in the lounge for info about the vaccine and make everyone happy. I come on here for info like this but I get it some don't I respect their decisions. Its not political so it should be able to stay in the lounge keep posting damit so with the next info start a new thread .

Take care all.

Last edited:

just_floatin

Reaction score
@YumaRivernaut @Andy B. A word of warning with posting opposing viewpoints in this thread. “Keep it in the dungeon” or your post like mine last night will be deleted by the mods. However, the opposing viewpoint character attack will remain posted just like Twitter and FB. Lesson Learned.

Andy B.

Reaction score
@YumaRivernaut @Andy B. A word of warning with posting opposing viewpoints in this thread. “Keep it in the dungeon” or your post like mine last night will be deleted by the mods. However, the opposing viewpoint character attack will remain posted just like Twitter and FB. Lesson Learned.

Thats why I suggested starting an info thread that way people can view it if they want.

C-2

Reaction score

Posting an opinion is one thing, suggesting that I'm screwed, or I made the wrong choice because I chose to take the vaccine is another. You shouldn't have quoted me and instead, just posted the video.

So you know, I didn't ask a moderator to do anything.

If you have no dog in this fight - then move on to another thread.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Case in Point response not pointed at any particular audience concerning my deleted post. It was purely informative, not a personal attack on any members decision to receive the vaccination. If I have offended members and lurkers alike in this thread, I apologize for my actions.

As for a dog in this fight, my 80+ year old parents with underlining conditions have opted to receive their second Pfizer vaccination Wednesday so there is that. They both understand the risk and legal due diligence is completed as it should be.

Below is the post from the CEO of Pfizer not directed at any particular receiver of this post. Just information. I expect Twitter and the mods will delete this post and maybe me soon. Peace.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Everything is political in one way or another.
Sadly it is so.
I'm going to bail on this thread and put my Stuka in the hanger.

If people want to take an unproven, untested technology put out by nefarious people with agendas and have no liability and without question then, by all means have at it.

I will continue however to monitor this thread for the coming side effects in the months and years that follow.
I hope it works out for all and I am wrong.
I would like that very much.
Good luck to all who made their choice/choices. You will live with them and their consequences as we all do.
God bless. Peace out. ✌

Thanks
@4Waters just wants info. Of what people dealt with that got it, period. Kinda like me not posting in a Vdrive thread that twin turbos are a PITA to tune based on an article and not personal experience.
We need less Karen’s , more actual witnesses in this thread.
Facts only. P&G is wide open opinions on the actual topic.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
20 Hours post second Moderna shot:

Arm was sore, like it has been some years of flu vaccines, but didn’t inhibit me from doing anything.
Like many have posted, Hydration is key. I felt a headache coming on last night, hydrated and it went away.
My results but hydration seems to be the biggest remedy to the headaches (most including me at times ) don’t stay hydrated by any means.

That’s it for me
Wife gets second round Monday, Dad gets his 03/05.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I don't believe that sharing alternative information from experts qualifies as a "karen" but then again, each person's perspective is unique and only theirs to have.
So be it.
It ONLY is when the OP wants FIRST HAND info.
We’ve ALL had 12 months to argue the topic, is it too much to ask opinions stay out of ONE thread on symptoms after getting the vaccine ?
I don’t think so.
Is it your right to blast everyone here as wrong for making this choice? Yes
Does it really do anything but add banter as those that decided to get the vaccine already made up their mind? Nope
Been on boating message boards 20 years, I’ve put my 2 cents where it didn’t belong at times .
This might be one of those times for you
Your deal
You have good info, it’s the place and time several of us are taking issue with here, that’s all.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Just announced:
Disneyland super site paused until Tuesday shipment comes in.

2383CF71-78C5-4756-9C09-27570673C2D7.gif

C-2

Reaction score
Just announced:
Disneyland super site paused until Tuesday shipment comes in.

View attachment 974313

My 82-year old MIL, whom I love as much as my own mom, is battling two cancers and was supposed to go there today. Hopefully next week. This past year has sucked and we can't wait for the day, soon, when our family is vaccinated and we can have a proper visit with her, instead of speaking to her thru a patio window.

Riverside County delayed some shots too, we'll see what happens next week.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
At this point it is pretty much mild flu like symptoms for about a day after the second injection for about half the people I know that got it, and only a soar arm for the others. My parents are getting their second doses of Moderna this week. Hopefully it stays mild for both of them.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Midwest storm shut down some shipments.
They’re prepping mine now.

Last edited:

22hotkat

Reaction score
Got my second Moderna shot Tue afternoon, No problems Tue night, Wed noon mild headache back to normal by Wed night. My wife had the same timing , no issues with her although both of us had sore arms Wed

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Fatigue with the second shot. Headache too. Advil helping.
More temp morgues:
9171670C-55D6-4597-9C83-C5BF2D3E75BC.jpeg

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Watched a show on the development of the vaccine on Science Channel last night. Pretty fascinating. They are going to use the technology against cancer, Ebola and all kinds of other diseases. Best vaccine to date is measles at 98% effective. They were hoping for 70% but got 95% which is outstanding. For comparison, flu shot is 60% effective.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Watched a show on the development of the vaccine on Science Channel last night. Pretty fascinating. They are going to use the technology against cancer, Ebola and all kinds of other diseases. Best vaccine to date is measles at 98% effective. They were hoping for 70% but got 95% which is outstanding. For comparison, flu shot is 60% effective.
Yep it’s an amazing vaccine.
The Pfizer is also resettable - reloadable so they can tweak it against strains it doesn’t already attack.

Dbroncos

Reaction score
Second shot of Moderna on Thursday 2/18 at 10 AM

Sore arm after 4 or 5 hours lasting two days.
Headache started after about 5 hours and lasted for approximately 24 hours sever at times but not horrible.
Fever of 101 started overnight about 10 hours in and lasted 24 hours.

After headache and fever went away not an issues since.

Joker

Reaction score
Isn’t the shot still for people 65 plus and essential workers? I’ve heard nothing but these sites having shortages and our friends in their 40s got some code in their phones to get the shot yesterday. No conditions and they work from home.

Taboma

Reaction score
Isn’t the shot still for people 65 plus and essential workers? I’ve heard nothing but these sites having shortages and our friends in their 40s got some code in their phones to get the shot yesterday. No conditions and they work from home.

Although old and still on the fence personally, it's frustrating since I know so many older age qualified who can't manage to get an appointment, because apparently you need multiple computers checking 8 sites simultaneously, to get one. I've tried numerous times unsuccessfully to date, just to test if I could get one and to see if I've got the balls to click the ACCEPT button if I do. 🥴
Meanwhile, despite San Diego continuing to open more "Super Sites", the previous one is shuttered most days due to lack of supply. Then you read, how they're opening additional qualifying phases when they're barely scratched the surface of the previous ones. It's appearing like a well honed machine on the MSM while in real life, it's a CLUSTER FUCK of grand proportions.

But remember, in today's world, we're not to judge by results, only intentions. :rolleyes:

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Wife, daughter (20 years old), and I all got the 2nd shot of Moderna on Friday. Daughter had chills, fever, and achiness throughout the night that lingered into the next early afternoon and then she was fine. Wife had no problems at all. I was fat dumb and happy. Woke up, Saturday, took dogs for walk, washed and waxed truck, and then about 1 on Saturday all of the sudden became tired and a little lethargic. Was drinking beers by 5 and all good 🍻 😁 Hope this helps.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm forced to offer a rebuttal to my "Flame San Diego" post from yesterday. 🤭 Since I'm more interested in a drive-thru vaccine environment, I checked availability of the Del Mar Fairground Drive-Thru super site and to my amazement, I COULD HAVE scheduled an appointment for today --- COULD HAVE, but didn't.
This would have been for shot # 1, but with my retirement dance card filled with "Wanta-Dos" for this week, I didn't want to chance being downed by some side effect.

Any truth to what I head on local news that older folks ( Ahem, like me) are having fewer side effects, because our immune systems don't go full throttle from the vaccine ??

The other reason I didn't click the appointment button is --- I'm kinda on the fence chicken shit about this whole vaccine deal, but I'm also not so keen on dying either. 🤔

Has anybody been more definite on just how long these vaccines are supposed to protect us ??

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
I'm forced to offer a rebuttal to my "Flame San Diego" post from yesterday. 🤭 Since I'm more interested in a drive-thru vaccine environment, I checked availability of the Del Mar Fairground Drive-Thru super site and to my amazement, I COULD HAVE scheduled an appointment for today --- COULD HAVE, but didn't.
This would have been for shot # 1, but with my retirement dance card filled with "Wanta-Dos" for this week, I didn't want to chance being downed by some side effect.

Any truth to what I head on local news that older folks ( Ahem, like me) are having fewer side effects, because our immune systems don't go full throttle from the vaccine ??

The other reason I didn't click the appointment button is --- I'm kinda on the fence chicken shit about this whole vaccine deal, but I'm also not so keen on dying either. 🤔

Has anybody been more definite on just how long these vaccines are supposed to protect us ??
I don't think anyone for sure knows how long the vaccine will last, but time will tell. I found watching Discovery channels "the Vaccine, Conquering COVID" as very enlightening on the process of its development.

My father (77) and mother (74) both had their first shot with no side affects whatsoever. My mom did not want to get it, i think mainly because of the pain in the ass it was to get an appointment. I thought it was hilarious when I called her and told her we had got her an appointment and she was so excited and asked if i could get my uncle one too 😂

Taboma

Reaction score
I don't think anyone for sure knows how long the vaccine will last, but time will tell. I found watching Discovery channels "the Vaccine, Conquering COVID" as very enlightening on the process of its development.

My father (77) and mother (74) both had their first shot with no side affects whatsoever. My mom did not want to get it, i think mainly because of the pain in the ass it was to get an appointment. I thought it was hilarious when I called her and told her we had got her an appointment and she was so excited and asked if i could get my uncle one too 😂

Been blaming the county as I couldn't get an appointment. Bluffing it would seem, appointment easily available and I start doing the chicken dance. 😂

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

Probably the same people posting black squares...

Joker

Reaction score

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score

Not known yet how long it lasts. May need boosters annually, every few years, never. Just not enough time has passed. At first they only thought it prevented symptoms and reaction to exposure. Now they have discovered it actually prevents infection. Just don’t know for how long but the research is ongoing. The longer this goes on, the better the vaccine looks IMO. It has a better efficacy rate than the polio and small pox vaccines.

Bear Down

Reaction score
received my 1st shot Friday. Pfizer and the needle seemed longer than the flu shot needle that was used on me about a month earlier.

45 year old Male
0-
Mexican
no underlying health issues and healthy.
sore arm about 4 hours later on injection site, which seemed a little high to me.
minor pain and tightness 6 hrs later
woke up the next day with just a very tight shoulder with minor pain.
3rd day woke up fine.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Mrs. LR2 had second shot of Pfizer last week. She got chills , headaches about 11 hours in, even with plenty of water.
Her co workers are reporting more headaches , fevers, etc. with Pfizer second dose than co workers that got Moderna. I heard the conference calls on the side effects reports fwiw.

Taboma

Reaction score
Mrs. LR2 had second shot of Pfizer last week. She got chills , headaches about 11 hours in, even with plenty of water.
Her co workers are reporting more headaches , fevers, etc. with Pfizer second dose than co workers that got Moderna. I heard the conference calls on the side effects reports fwiw.

Has she noticed or reported any age / side affect correlation ? Most of my older neighbors are ahead of me (Braver perhaps) in this vaccine process, I've yet to even have my first. Per them directly, or other neighbors indirectly, what I'm hearing is very few if any side affects, other than sore arm.
The rationale I've heard is, possibly less aggressive immune system response ??

C-2

Reaction score
My 83-yr old MIL, who is battling 2 types of cancer, is going for her first shot on Wednesday (rescheduled from the Disneyland/weather delay)

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Wife and I got ours Friday. They were pfizer doses that needed to be used or they would go bad, no codes or anything special. Just word of mouth and luck. Wife said she felt a little off. Didn't slow me down any.

I found LR2's input interesting. I only have a small sample size, my parents, grandmother, my sisters, their husbands and my mother in law, but in our circle those who recieved Moderna seemed to have those side effects after the second dose, and always just 24 hours as many others have stated. 2 did and 2 didnt. Those who have recieved Pfizer have had no symptoms at all. I will report back after our 2nd dose.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Wife and I got ours Friday. They were pfizer doses that needed to be used or they would go bad, no codes or anything special. Just word of mouth and luck. Wife said she felt a little off. Didn't slow me down any.

I found LR2's input interesting. I only have a small sample size, my parents, grandmother, my sisters, their husbands and my mother in law, but in our circle those who recieved Moderna seemed to have those side effects after the second dose, and always just 24 hours as many others have stated. 2 did and 2 didnt. Those who have recieved Pfizer have had no symptoms at all. I will report back after our 2nd dose.

Frankly, Mrs.LR2 was skeptical of the reports of reactions from either drug brand on the second dose (beyond sore injection sites). She experienced the headaches, chills and fatigue many have reported.
Per her, the theory prior to these vaccines was that the body would have more of a reaction to the first vaccine vs the second.
Her sister had a fever around 102 the day after second dose of Moderna for several hours.
Both are in their mid 50’s.

There certainly could be a correlation between older immune systems vs younger “more robust” immune systems and the subsequent inner battle against a vaccine.
My Mother in law had a rash develop at her injection site a few days after her second Pfizer dose. (77) No other symptoms. She has Stage 4 lung cancer but with no advancing of the cancer in last four years. Was most likely a reaction with meds she is taking for the cancer per her Dr.

I’ve heard a few “extreme reactions” in fellow sworn PD and FD employees after the second dose, but did not witness myself. None of those ended up in the ER fwiw. (All Moderna for PD and FD)

Last edited:

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Frankly, Mrs.LR2 was skeptical of the reports of reactions from either drug brand on the second dose (beyond sore injection sites). She experienced the headaches, chills and fatigue many have reported.
Per her, the theory prior to these vaccines was that the body would have more of a reaction to the first vaccine vs the second.
Her sister had a fever around 102 the day after second dose of Moderna for several hours.
Both are in their mid 50’s.

There certainly could be a correlation between older immune systems vs younger “more robust” immune systems and the subsequent inner battle against a vaccine.

I’ve heard a few “extreme reactions” in fellow sworn PD and FD employees after the second dose, but did not witness myself. None of those ended up in the ER fwiw.
I wonder if there is any correlation to how one reacts to the vaccine and how one would have reacted to the actual virus? For example if the vaccines second dose takes you down, would the actual virus have done the same to you? Vs, if you don't even notice the vaccine, does that mean you would have fought the actual virus with ease? I do not believe there is any study or data to that effect, but it has popped in my head a few times.

Reactions: BTR

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I wonder if there is any correlation to how one reacts to the vaccine and how one would have reacted to the actual virus? For example if the vaccines second dose takes you down, would the actual virus have done the same to you? Vs, if you don't even notice the vaccine, does that mean you would have fought the actual virus with ease? I do not believe there is any study or data to that effect, but it has popped in my head a few times.

There are studies in progress to address the long term effects from having the virus. One symposium I had my ear on discussed memory loss, hearing and of course. Taste.

My skeptic mind thought immediately “and how will that be differentiated from growiring old regardless?”

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,seems the media wants create alotta Vaccine comments but not much legitimate info.Fact is several threads @RDP indicate not many problems,mostly minor irritations.
TABOMA,i get where you coming from,i could have posted same.Like said,my wife 75,me 76,getting first shot this Wednesday. Wifes parents lived well into their 90s,her mother still going strong. My Dad abused himself until he was 97,my mother had a serious stroke in her 80s most likely caused by me,but hung in there until 90.
Bottom line all the Threads and Posts @RDP Negative and Positive regarding vaccine have been appreciated. 👍

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Well,seems the media wants create alotta Vaccine comments but not much legitimate info.Fact is several threads @RDP indicate not many problems,mostly minor irritations.
TABOMA,i get where you coming from,i could have posted same.Like said,my wife 75,me 76,getting first shot this Wednesday. Wifes parents lived well into their 90s,her mother still going strong. My Dad abused himself until he was 97,my mother had a serious stroke in her 80s most likely caused by me,but hung in there until 90.
Bottom line all the Threads and Posts @RDP Negative and Positive regarding vaccine have been appreciated. 👍

Oh, I'm digging any and all first hand accounts, I'm getting braver by the post. 😁 Also kinda cool realizing how many other ole farts there are on RDP 😂
Hell, I almost made my appointment the other day, maybe next time I'll click that button.
I think I'll get one more Havasu trip in first, just in case ya know. :rolleyes:

4Waters

Reaction score
Oh, I'm digging any and all first hand accounts, I'm getting braver by the post. 😁 Also kinda cool realizing how many other ole farts there are on RDP 😂
Hell, I almost made my appointment the other day, maybe next time I'll click that button.
I think I'll get one more Havasu trip in first, just in case ya know. :rolleyes:
I'm liking the info this thread has created and it's info that I trust.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm liking the info this thread has created and it's info that I trust.

Yes, the first hand testimonials are allowing for comparisons and input far more valuable than some Op-Ed with an agenda or book to sell. 👍

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Wife and I got our second shot Saturday morning. Shockingly we’re both still alive 🙄.

Wife had a slight fever and body aches on Sunday till around 3pm, fine after that. I didn’t have any side effects at all.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

I didn't think this many old dudes knew how to use smart phones and computers 😂

Big thanks to RDP for giving old dudes a reason to learn some modern day tech!

Taboma

Reaction score
I didn't think this many old dudes knew how to use smart phones and computers 😂

Big thanks to RDP for giving old dudes a reason to learn some modern day tech!

Used a computer since the later 80's, but only graduated from my trusty flip phone maybe a year ago --- and now I'm texting 😁 But NOT tweeting ;)

But alas, I still tell my truck to F-Off if I push the wrong button and it tries to talk to me, screw dat shit 😂