WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

Joker

Reaction score
We had a lot of our older neighbors get the shots last week. I’ll wait to see if they start growing extra limbs before i commit

Reactions: C-2

Seas

Reaction score
My wife and I (66 and 65) both received our 2nd Pfizer shot last Friday. Other than the typical slightly sore arm, neither one of us had any other side effects from the 1st or 2nd injection. We did drink lots of water both before and after receiving our shots.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Received our 2nd Moderna this morning. So far we’re both fine. Intentionally have no plans for tomorrow, just taking it easy.

Old Fuks and computers. Once had an ignorant dumb shit, about 15 years younger than me, tell me, “I bet you’re one of those old pricks who don’t believe in computers and wouldn’t have any idea how to work one if you did.” Then I showed him a photo of the bridge of my ship looking aft. Look forward and there’s even more. He said no more. Stupid Fuk.
25C95532-B892-443F-8D9B-B5F1AB6ABA8A.jpeg

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Second shot updates.
Both in-laws and my dad got their second shots. In-laws got Modera, pops got Pfizer. None had any side effects.
Wife got her second too. Modera. Very tired and body sore for about 18 hours then nothing.
I am scheduled for my first, Pfizer, on Friday.

CC56BB8A-98C3-4721-89F5-BCCC5C184ED6.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I bought a few vaccinated t shirts and they attract flat earthers that want to argue it.

Especially the old two legged lizards that “are going to wait for long term results.”
I remind them they have no long term.
1267B36A-23AC-43F2-A755-91E255C71224.jpeg

Last edited:

Wolskis

Reaction score
Received our 2nd Moderna this morning. So far we’re both fine. Intentionally have no plans for tomorrow, just taking it easy.

Old Fuks and computers. Once had an ignorant dumb shit, about 15 years younger than me, tell me, “I bet you’re one of those old pricks who don’t believe in computers and wouldn’t have any idea how to work one if you did.” Then I showed him a photo of the bridge of my ship looking aft. Look forward and there’s even more. He said no more. Stupid Fuk. View attachment 978002

Things have come along ways since my navy days (80's) sitting in front of this.

image068.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
We had a lot of our older neighbors get the shots last week. I’ll wait to see if they start growing extra limbs before i commit
I get mine tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted

Reactions: BTR

NicPaus

Reaction score
Sister hit me up if I want to get Vaccine last night. Her work is offering more. Not sure if I want to or not.

Reactions: TPC

Socalx09

Reaction score
I received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine at 9am yesterday.
Arm got sore around 3pm.
Then, a fever started around 9pm.
By 2am- I was between 102.2-102.6 and tynenol didn’t help much at all.
Didn’t sleep at all and feel very achy and weak today. Still have a slight fever. Hoping this is over in 24 hours.

I do have autoimmune issues so that could be why my side effects sucked.

gqchris

Reaction score
I received the first dose of the Moderna vaccine at 9am yesterday.
Arm got sore around 3pm.
Then, a fever started around 9pm.
By 2am- I was between 102.2-102.6 and tynenol didn’t help much at all.
Didn’t sleep at all and feel very achy and weak today. Still have a slight fever. Hoping this is over in 24 hours.

I do have autoimmune issues so that could be why my side effects sucked.
Thanks for sharing. Please keep an eye on your fever. Thats pretty high. Hope you feel better!

endobear

Reaction score
Wife and mother in law got the Johnson and Johnson shot yesterday. Wife got nausea, chills, headache and fever 102 about 6 hrs later. It passed in about 8 hrs. Just a little tired this morning.
Mother in law is a headache. I mean had a headache.

Taboma

Reaction score
Wife and mother in law got the Johnson and Johnson shot yesterday. Wife got nausea, chills, headache and fever 102 about 6 hrs later. It passed in about 8 hrs. Just a little tired this morning.
Mother in law is a headache. I mean had a headache.

Interesting thanks for sharing, first report I've read on the J&J version. 👍 In fact didn't even know it was an option yet.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I knew it was arriving this week. Good to hear they are getting it in arms. Should be a very effective tool with the single shot dose and the regular storage temperature.

endobear

Reaction score
I knew it was arriving this week. Good to hear they are getting it in arms. Should be a very effective tool with the single shot dose and the regular storage temperature.
We are considered a rural county.. no urgent care or hospital. The way I understand it, they are doing the JJ vaccine in counties that don't have the ability to store at the extreme Temps.
Wife was able to get me on the list for today if they have any cancelations due to my kids being considered high risk and I just got the text I have an appointment at 1130.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I originally intended to not get the vaccine. However, it is looking more and more, that I will eventually be "unofficially required" to get the vaccine for work. I am not an anti-vaxxer. I had all my childhood vaccinations. I had to get all of them again about 10 years ago for work, because the anti-bodies weren't showing up any longer. My kids all got all their childhood vaccinations.

If I am going to have to get the vaccine, I have some questions:

Do I wait as long as possible, or just get it now?
Do I try to get the Johnson & Johnson one that isn't mRNA?

My Parents both got both shots with no side effects. They are late 77 and 79. My Dad is an Ox that doesn't eat healthy and smokes, but never gets sick. My Mom is a type 1 diabetic who had a kidney removed due to kidney cancer, and is on dialysis. Side Note: The kidney can was discovered by a Sonographer who was scanning something else on my Mom, and told her to roll over so she could look at her kidneys just because.

Mrs. RogerThat99 got her first of shot of Moderna 2 weeks ago, with no side affects except her are was a little sore and the injection site was red. She ran 24 miles the next day. Her second shot is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I originally intended to not get the vaccine. However, it is looking more and more, that I will eventually be "unofficially required" to get the vaccine for work. I am not an anti-vaxxer. I had all my childhood vaccinations. I had to get all of them again about 10 years ago for work, because the anti-bodies weren't showing up any longer. My kids all got all their childhood vaccinations.

If I am going to have to get the vaccine, I have some questions:

Do I wait as long as possible, or just get it now?
Do I try to get the Johnson & Johnson one that isn't mRNA?

My Parents both got both shots with no side effects. They are late 77 and 79. My Dad is an Ox that doesn't eat healthy and smokes, but never gets sick. My Mom is a type 1 diabetic who had a kidney removed due to kidney cancer, and is on dialysis. Side Note: The kidney can was discovered by a Sonographer who was scanning something else on my Mom, and told her to roll over so she could look at her kidneys just because.

Mrs. RogerThat99 got her first shot 2 weeks ago, with no side affects except her are was a little sore and the injection site was red. She ran 24 miles the next day. Her second shot is scheduled in 2 weeks. I don't remember which vaccine she got.
That's what this thread is for, info on the vaccines so you can decide what vaccine if any to get. I'm leaning towards the J&J since it's more conventional.

Edit: just saw on the news that as they follow the test subjects that already received the J&J it appears it is 80+% effective.

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
The old people in our family had fewer, like none, side effects than those in there 40-50’s.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
That's what this thread is for, info on the vaccines so you can decide what vaccine if any to get. I'm leaning towards the J&J since it's more conventional.

Edit: just saw on the news that as they follow the test subjects that already received the J&J it appears it is 80+% effective.
But...I heard a doctor in an interview say that not 1 person was hospitalized, and not 1 person died in the J&J trials.

Sent From Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
But...I heard a doctor in an interview say that not 1 person was hospitalized, and not 1 person died in the J&J trials.

Sent From Tapatalk

I am in the exact boat as you RogerThat, following everyones stories here and my work is "unofficially requiring" it as well. I like the sound of the J&J myself also. Lets all keep sharing thoughts and experiences here. It is so much more beneficial then the lame media.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Well, we had our 2nd Moderna last week and no negative reactions for either of us. Wife's arm was a little sore. That's it. We were told to expect about 14 days for the Vaccinations to maximize their benefits. Anyone know if J&J has a similar deal after their single vaccination?

endobear

Reaction score
Wife was pretty jacked up Friday night. Felt much better Saturday but was still tired and not feeling great. Spent the day in bed.

I got my JJ vaccine on Saturday. Felt fine all evening and night.
Woke up yesterday feeling a little off. About an hr later started getting the chills and aches. Lasted all day. No other issues.
Woke up this morning feeling fine.

Rye

Reaction score
Skimmed every post, I always intended to get it and look forward to the vaccination when it’s available for me.

C-2

Reaction score
Had to take my daughter in for a Covid TEST this morning, so if she comes back positive, we'll see how well the Pfizer vaccine works! My hands look like a mason's hands they are so dry from being washed so much today, lol.

I don't think she has Covid, but she went back to in-person school last September, so anything is possible. Covid test was super simple. Of course, the fucktards at Kaiser didn't have any options available, so I searched for a test thru the County at 10:00 a.m., and by 11:15 a.m. we were done - drive-by swab test administered via Curative.

Updates - 83-year old MIL in chemo still fine after her shot last Wednesday; SIL received her first Moderna today without any issues.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Had to take my daughter in for a Covid TEST this morning, so if she comes back positive, we'll see how well the Pfizer vaccine works! My hands look like a mason's hands they are so dry from being washed so much today, lol.

I don't think she has Covid, but she went back to in-person school last September, so anything is possible. Covid test was super simple. Of course, the fucktards at Kaiser didn't have any options available, so I searched for a test thru the County at 10:00 a.m., and by 11:15 a.m. we were done - drive-by swab test administered via Curative.

Updates - 83-year old MIL in chemo still fine after her shot last Wednesday; SIL received her first Moderna today without any issues.

I read a couple weeks ago that either the Moderna or Pfizer (I cant remember which one), that they had been testing single dose effectiveness, and you were 75% effective 2 weeks after the 1st dose.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Nobody really answered my question about how the Anti mRNA people feel about the J&J vaccine.

4Waters

Reaction score
Nobody really answered my question about how the Anti mRNA people feel about the J&J vaccine.
I feel better about the J&J but I still want to see a few more posts about it's side effects, so far with the 2 posts it's looking consistent.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sorry Scott, I meant to ask my brother about that today but forgot. I do know he is very positive about the new technology. He's terribly disheartened about the misinformation that is circulating in the mainstream.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
20ish hours later on shot 2 no side effects, arm just a tad sore. Arm was more sore with shot 1.
Wifes results same as me.
Big no ainy.

TexasJet

Reaction score
I just got my single covid shot. Waiting the 15 minute period to see if any side effects. Paper work says there is no approved shot for Covid. Interesting

gqchris

Reaction score
I had an appt today for J&J at CVS in Orange, and they sent me an email letter yesterday saying, "Sorry no can do, and to reschedule". No reason, maybe their shipment didnt arrive?

Maybe thats a sign? It took me all week hitting the website to get that appt. Ugggghhhhhh

I want to see a little more J&J feedback anyways.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Got my first shot yesterday. Moderna. 57 years old next Friday. No side effects. 2nd shot April 8.
Edit: thing thing that hurt?? Taking the bandaid off. 😀 I forgot it was on and it was stuck real good...Walgreens has good ones..:p

Last edited:

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Sore arm and tired the first round of Moderna. 3 weeks to go for the 2’nd.

I wonder if getting another round (Pfizer or J&J) on top of the Moderna will make you ultra resistant to the virus. I’ve seen some talk on line..

copterzach

Reaction score
I have heard talk that there may have to be a booster every 6 months or yearly?? Any truth to this? Like the flu vaccine that doesn’t work.

Asking for a friend. I am not getting it either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk