WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

4Waters

Reaction score
My wife is hating life from the JJ. Nausea, fever, chills, headache. It’s been a day and a half and she is still in bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is your wife doing this morning

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Informative thread.

Took the J&J vaccine last Thursday, no issues besides a sore arm. A co-worker, received the J&J as well, sore arm, chills, aches and pains, felt good after 6 hours.

Additional info: Co worker had the virus in November 2020. I had all the virus "symptoms" chills, fever, aches and pains, coughing, breathing issues, loss of taste back in Sept/Oct 2019, before it was widely reported.

2Driver

Reaction score
I didn't think this many old dudes knew how to use smart phones and computers 😂

Big thanks to RDP for giving old dudes a reason to learn some modern day tech!

The pc has been in general use for 35 years or so. Back then there weren’t pretty icons to click on so you could upload pretty pictures of yourself.

;). EDLIN C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT is how it got done.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
I got the J&J vaccine last Saturday 3/06 around 8am. Woke up around 1am chills, sweats and shaking with a slight headache. Took Tylenol and went back to bed. Woke up fine the next day. Went for a 7 mile hike in the morning. Arm was sore for a few days, similar to other vaccines I've gotten. I'm in my early 40s.

just_floatin

Reaction score
For the 85 years and up demographic. My parents are two weeks into the second pfizer vaccination and returned to non mask church services yesterday. Both parents had no ill effects from the second vaccination, however, are experiencing ailments of the past now.

My father’s foot neuropathy is reenergized causing sleepless nights of pain, while my mother’s sciatica in her left hip is causing her not get sleep. Both are seeking medical appointments at Kaiser for new pain meds. Probably just a coincidence and age after a mostly pain free eight months of not going to the doctors due to the shutdowns in California. 🤔

C-2

Reaction score
The pc has been in general use for 35 years or so. Back then there weren’t pretty icons to click on so you could upload pretty pictures of yourself.

;). EDLIN C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT is how it got done.

Hah, lol, nice!

And if you edited that autoexec.bat file incorrectly, and mistakenly clicked the single pull-down "save settings on exit" option in Win 3.1 - your Windows install was FUBAR. Good times

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Sore arm and tired the first round of Moderna. 3 weeks to go for the 2’nd.

I wonder if getting another round (Pfizer or J&J) on top of the Moderna will make you ultra resistant to the virus. I’ve seen some talk on line..

Yeah it sux but Da Covid sux worse.
——— ———————
Wife says Covid patient load is way down at USC.
She was able to take a few days off for the River.

The vaccinated t shirts still draw flat earthers.
I turn and walk away.
However, We faked the moon landing and the Bush Wackers were the best wrestlers ever I mention in passing.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Mom got her 2nd Pfizer shot last week. Almost 81 years old with diabetes.

Besides a little bit of a sore arm, no reactions.

Reactions: TPC

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Last week I could see the writing on the wall for work, so a made a phone call and got Moderna Shot 1 the same day. I didn't have any side affects at all. My arm wasn't sore unless I pushed on the injection site. We will see when I get the 2nd shot on April 6th.

If it was up to me, I would have gotten it, or at least not for a while.

Last edited:

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I have heard talk that there may have to be a booster every 6 months or yearly?? Any truth to this? Like the flu vaccine that doesn’t work.

Asking for a friend. I am not getting it either way.

I ran into a friend and she said the same thing in 6 months. This is the first I have heard of this

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Cal Poly Pomona gave out 100k shots as of today:

1 death: after 1st shot ,had almost died twice in prior 6 days , ruled not from vaccine.

1 heart attack while waiting for first shot , didn’t get a shot.

No other hospital transports

Strange (to me) side note:
About 5 people drop their ID’s /licenses a day at this site.

None of them care much about when they will come back to pick them up.

Am I the only one that would go right back fo get my ID?

Reactions: BTR

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I did call almost everyone I know in health care to ask about the vaccines. Every person I spoke with, including a couple top level Physicians with Nationally known institutions, had taken the vaccine, as did every person they work with.

They explained their confidence in how the vaccines work, and that mRNA is more than likely the future of vaccinations, treatments, and they are working on cancer treatments. (Think 5G. You can hate it, and resist it all you want. Eventually it will replace 4G, and you won't be able to get 4G any longer.)

All if them admitted that they don't know if there would be long term effects, but they doubted there would be. For them, it was worth the risk. They all said pretty much the same thing. So I decided WTF. I will do it, and got it that afternoon.

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
I did call almost everyone in know in health care to ask about the vaccines. Every person I spoke with, including a couple top level Physicians with Nationally known institutions, had taken the vaccine, as did every person they work with.

They explained their confidence in how the vaccines work, and that mRNA is more than likely the future of vaccinations, treatments, and they are working on cancer treatments. (Think 5G. You can hate it, and resist it all you want. Eventually it will replace 4G, and you won't be able to get 4G any longer.)

All if them admitted that they don't know if there would be long term effects, but they doubted there would be. For them, it was worth the risk. They all said pretty much the same thing. So I decided WTF. I will do it, and got it that afternoon.

Sent From Tapatalk
Damn dude, that is some scary shit if you ask me... And a shaky reason to go get injected with something...

Not trying to question your motive, just when reading it out loud you have to admit it's very much herd mentality. "Fuck it, everyone is doing it, it must be ok? Right?"

USMC2010

Reaction score
I did call almost everyone in know in health care to ask about the vaccines. Every person I spoke with, including a couple top level Physicians with Nationally known institutions, had taken the vaccine, as did every person they work with.

Sent From Tapatalk
The big reason I love working in communications is the entire planet isn't covered in a 4G network. There are dead spots everywhere, even between I10 and Havasu. 4G won't go away anymore than 2G/3G has. That being said mNRA "may" be the future of vaccines but I won't be getting a Covid shot.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Damn dude, that is some scary shit if you ask me... And a shaky reason to go get injected with something...

Not trying to question your motive, just when reading it out loud you have to admit it's very much herd mentality. "Fuck it, everyone is doing it, it must be ok? Right?"
It wasn't that I wanted the vaccine because everyone else is getting it. I originally didn't want it at all. But It will end up affecting my employment. Even though it is "Voluntary", not being vaccinated will limit what I am allowed to do in my job. Which will eventually affect my employment. So I decided F it.

I wasn't worried without the vaccine, and I'm not worried about having the vaccine.

Sent From Tapatalk

Bear Down

Reaction score
Strange (to me) side note:
About 5 people drop their ID’s /licenses a day at this site.

None of them care much about when they will come back to pick them up.

Am I the only one that would go right back fo get my ID?

Fake ID's to qualify for their Tier Group??

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
They’re all over 55 that I saw, could be?
I am part of the 1B tier.... It was a simple flash of my work ID and that is it where I went (White Memorial).. Few co-workers went to Vaccine Sites and some got checked and some got the Velvet rope treatment. I did tend to notice more urgency of those over 50 wanting to get the vaccine versus under 50...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When the nurses are shoving that 120 Volt bicycle pump up ones ass they'll wish they took the vaccine.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Got my first Pfizer vaccine about about 2 hours ago. So far, so good. 🤪 I was on the fence but decided to go ahead and do it even though it’s not mandatory at my work for now, it could become that way.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Moderna (irst shot) at CVX two weeks ago a bit sore but a year ago I had six needles going at once in Stanford , scheduled for 2nd in a week and a half,going for it at nearly 70 with HBP It makes sense , I'm very active with no other issues , same with the wife , I will likely ask to bride to drive me back home and rest the day

Rye

Reaction score
Got Moderna today at 1:00, nothing to report thus far. A client called our office this morning and said they would have about 20 unused doses available 1st come so we jumped on it. Guaranteed to get 2nd shot when appropriate. Administered by fire department.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Got the 1st Pfizer shot today at 1:30 (Fairplex) all good so far.

Reactions: C-2

Socalx09

Reaction score
Took grandma to Kaiser yesterday to get her first shot at 5pm.

86 years old with Heart disease and crohn disease.. She was on hospice care for a few months due to covid and has recovered from covid.

Pfizer. They had her wait 30 minutes instead of the 15 minutes due to her age and health.

Not even a sore arm and has a good amount of energy today. Hoping it stays this way as I got pretty sick for 24 hours.

TexasJet

Reaction score
Two days after getting the J&J shot my arm was a little sore for two to three days. That's the only side effect I've had. My wife had the same effect on her arm two days later.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Taking Mrs. RogerThat99 in tomorrow for her second Moderna shot. She is in great health and physically fit. So hopefully all will be good.

Sent From Tapatalk

Bear Down

Reaction score
received my 1st shot Friday. Pfizer and the needle seemed longer than the flu shot needle that was used on me about a month earlier.

45 year old Male
0-
Mexican
no underlying health issues and healthy.
sore arm about 4 hours later on injection site, which seemed a little high to me.
minor pain and tightness 6 hrs later
woke up the next day with just a very tight shoulder with minor pain.
3rd day woke up fine.
2nd dose of Pfizer this morning

7 hrs in and still good. Injection site feels better today than 1st dose but I feel vacinator was a bit better on location and application.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
I have heard talk that there may have to be a booster every 6 months or yearly?? Any truth to this? Like the flu vaccine that doesn’t work.

this is what I am hearing as well.
These shots are not a true vaccine, but similar to the flu shot. It limits you from having serious issues, but does not stop you from getting it. I see annual shots down the road and just wait until those costs are released (only the first shot is free). My gut says once you get the shot, you will be required to keep getting them.

I am liking this approach better =https://www.merck.com/news/ridgebac...tigational-covid-19-therapeutic-molnupiravir/

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Some recent reports indicate those having adverse reactions may have had mild cases of COVID and didn't realize it. It appears those who definitely did have COVID are more likely to have an adverse reaction. Often the symptoms of the reaction are similar to those of the virus.

RichL

Reaction score
Some recent reports indicate those having adverse reactions may have had mild cases of COVID and didn't realize it. It appears those who definitely did have COVID are more likely to have an adverse reaction. Often the symptoms of the reaction are similar to those of the virus.
Oh wonderful.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Mrs. RogerThat99 is 24 hours since her second shot of Moderna.

1st Shot: No side effects at all. She ran 22 miles the next day.

2nd Shot: Only a mild headache the first night. The next day, little tired, but was out running errands. The headache was worse that night. Day 2 she ran 16 miles.

48 years old, good health, and physically fit.

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just back after our first, Moderna. 6 of us friends. Nobody's arm even hurts.
I'm happy to report back after a little over a week, none of the 6 of us that went down to get our first Moderna shot, no one got sick, no one is growing a new extremity, we don't think any of our DNA got changed and I would hope anybody tracking me is not highly upset at the mundane life I lead

Taboma

Reaction score
Thanks to y'all, building my courage to take the vaccine, also got my Havasu week in, so if I die of the vaccine I'll die in peace. 😁
So here's my ongoing question --- Do they tell you anything when you're getting the shot how many months you can be somewhat confident you can resume some normalcy ? Or do they tell you to just stay tuned, you'll know when it's stopped working when you get COVID ? :rolleyes:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Thanks to y'all, building my courage to take the vaccine, also got my Havasu week in, so if I die of the vaccine I'll die in peace. [emoji16]
So here's my ongoing question --- Do they tell you anything when you're getting the shot how many months you can be somewhat confident you can resume some normalcy ? Or do they tell you to just stay tuned, you'll know when it's stopped working when you get COVID ? :rolleyes:
They didn't tell us anything. I don't think anyone really knows.

Sent From Tapatalk

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’m 21 hours in after the first Moderna dose at Dodger Stadium. Arm is a little sore, that’s it.

jet496

Reaction score

So certain people getting vaccinated get to look forward to getting covid over & over again for life? LMAO, we live in a strange fearful world we do.

That being said, my 90 year old MIL got both Moderna shots & not even a sore arm really, so it's just certain people for some reason.

I'm choosing to wait. Hell, I smoked since I was 12, did plenty of drugs as a kid & drank like a fish my whole life which is all riskier than this little virus scaring the shit out of peeps.

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
2nd dose of Pfizer this morning

7 hrs in and still good. Injection site feels better today than 1st dose but I feel vacinator was a bit better on location and application.

48 hrs plus after 2nd dose of Pfizer.

All good.. less arm pain than 1st shot which leads me to believe it was the location of the shot. No side effects at All.. as mentioned O- blood. Only thing I did do differently was that I was pretty redundant about making sure it was 2nd dose Pfizer. I confirmed it with every person I made contact with to the person who injected me. Just my due diligence in avoiding a "oops" we mixed it up type of vaccine. They give or after care instructions except the vaccination recovery monitoring system. But my wife with her shot didn't have that access to give feedback. She got Pfizer and has had a heck of a time for the past 9 days.. but she also has frozen shoulder so I'm sure that didn't help.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Thanks to y'all, building my courage to take the vaccine, also got my Havasu week in, so if I die of the vaccine I'll die in peace. 😁
Nope, nothing, nada.
My intuition says you are over-thinking this.......but I'm no doctor nor I play one on TV.😊

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Got my first Moderna shot a week and a half ago... lump in my shoulder and it actually seemed to be an energy booster but that all could’ve been in my head???...Dunno???...

Taboma

Reaction score
Nope, nothing, nada.
My intuition says you are over-thinking this.......but I'm no doctor nor I play one on TV.😊

Overthinking, yes when it comes to both medical science and practice, I tend to give my participation a lot of consideration. My trust for those in the profession is not blind, or given lightly, it's highly measured on an absolutely 'As necessary' basis. 👍
I'm more just curious on what basis those in charge of making such decisions will make their decisions. If I receive the vaccine now, then again in the summer, fall, winter, a year from now ? I thought it odd that an older neighbor and his wife, both whom had gotten COVID maybe 8 weeks ago max, both received vaccinations. I thought they'd already have acquired an immunity that would last far longer than only 2 months.