WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Now that you all have your vaccinations, how has your life improved? You still wearing masks? You still social distancing? Do you have any concerns about getting Covid?

Asking because no one seems to have the answers especially our government and "the experts" pushing the vaccines on every human on the planet.
Improved, yes. My middle daughter is playing club and varsity soccer simultaneously and has 2 colleges look at her as a junior. We are also traveling to Maui this summer with our “passports”. Wife is able to see patients in person which means more income.
Masks yes. Most places still require them and it is the polite thing to do when in another person’s business, home or event. No need to be an a-hole on “principle”.
Social distancing, no but again, most places limit access or forced spacing.
Concerns about getting COVID now, none at all.

Last edited:

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Got my second Maderna Monday morning. I was fine all day but about 10:30 at night I started getting crazy chills. By morning I was still shivering and shaking to the point I was physically sore (still am) from the involuntary muscle contractions over and over. Never had a headache or any of the other issues, just severe chills. Still wrestling with it today. I did go to work today because of a few things I really needed to do. Yesterday it was a challenge to even stand to pee.

Lots of fun, I recommend everyone takes a turn on this ride.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Concerns about getting COVID now, none at all.

How concerned were you prior? I'm fairly young, fairly healthy, and have essentially zero concern for myself with it. Was concerned for my parents, but they went and got poked...

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
My wife received her first and probably only shot today. She received the Pfizer shot. Several minutes later, ready to leave she passed out, collapsed. Out cold on the floor. Didn’t come to for 2 minutes. Rushed to the ER. Battery of tests. Nothing. Doc says it’s happened and there’s no answer.
I was in mid flight coming home from a biz trip. She texted that she was in the ER once she started getting back to normal but still didn’t know what to expect. That last hour of that flight was long...

I have no real good reason to get it. I’m younger and I’m in great health. We also most likely had it in March of 2020. She had it much worse than I. Since then we’ve been exposed to a few others and have been totally fine.

RCDave

Reaction score
My wife received her first and probably only shot today. She received the Pfizer shot. Several minutes later, ready to leave she passed out, collapsed. Out cold on the floor. Didn’t come to for 2 minutes. Rushed to the ER. Battery of tests. Nothing. Doc says it’s happened and there’s no answer.
I was in mid flight coming home from a biz trip. She texted that she was in the ER once she started getting back to normal but still didn’t know what to expect. That last hour of that flight was long...

I have no real good reason to get it. I’m younger and I’m in great health. We also most likely had it in March of 2020. She had it much worse than I. Since then we’ve been exposed to a few others and have been totally fine.
Yikes. Hope she is ok

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
How concerned were you prior? I'm fairly young, fairly healthy, and have essentially zero concern for myself with it. Was concerned for my parents, but they went and got poked...
Very. I am 56 with asthma from being a kid during stage 3 smog alerts. Lost 2 acquaintances and a coworker to COVID. None had underlying conditions and the coworker was a triathlete. For some it’s no worse than the flu. Not a gamble I’m willing to take.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Both wife and I had dose 2 of Moderna....sore arm for a day or so but other than that......zero problems!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Had dose 1 of moderna monday.

Aside from a sore shoulder on day 2 and 3 nothing really to report. I was tires as all get out Wednesday but i attribute that to a terrible nights sleep due to bad allergies.

havasuhusker

Reaction score

Could be Vasovagal syncope. This has happened to me in the past. Hospital, Cardiologists and Neuro doctors all did battery of tests on me and found absolutely nothing wrong with me. Neuro dr said it just happens in some people. Anyway, when I got my 1st Pfizer shot, I started to get the initial feeling I had when I had my Vasovagal Syncope episode. While waiting in the 15 min hold area, EMS checked me out and said my BP and heart rate were elevated but I was otherwise ok. Took a few hours for the symptoms to subside.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
LAPD reports all sworn/civillian positive cases a day
Was 30+ a day in January before vaccinations
Was 2 yesterday
Herd immunity solely?
Id wager not when we still are booking about the same into jails daily and that was largest generator of new cases .
None of the 17 Bomb Techs and 8 Hazmat Cops ever contracted the virus, some had family members that were positive and those guys still stayed negative.

First hand info.
Not arguing because that is not what this thread is for.

LA County is at .9% positive rate, Phoenix was 5% reported rate last weekend on news I viewed.

J&J might get up and running as early as next week fwiw.
Has to be herd immunity as the vaccine does not prevent you from catching it

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Has to be herd immunity as the vaccine does not prevent you from catching it

30 % drop in 30 days in a city of 4 million thar just happens in sync with first batch of vaccinations?

Coincidence?
If I didn’t work here 29 years maybe I’d say no
First hand observations
No one was cleaner in their habits lol

Reactions: BTR

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Could be Vasovagal syncope. This has happened to me in the past. Hospital, Cardiologists and Neuro doctors all did battery of tests on me and found absolutely nothing wrong with me. Neuro dr said it just happens in some people. Anyway, when I got my 1st Pfizer shot, I started to get the initial feeling I had when I had my Vasovagal Syncope episode. While waiting in the 15 min hold area, EMS checked me out and said my BP and heart rate were elevated but I was otherwise ok. Took a few hours for the symptoms to subside.

She has that issue when having a blood draw. She said this felt very different. Who knows... Shes ok now. Not 100% but no issue.

Reactions: BTR

havasuhusker

Reaction score
She has that issue when having a blood draw. She said this felt very different. Who knows... Shes ok now. Not 100% but no issue.

Glad she is ok and that long term health is good. Scary event for you and your family for sure.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
30 % drop in 30 days in a city of 4 million thar just happens in sync with first batch of vaccinations?

Coincidence?
If I didn’t work here 29 years maybe I’d say no
First hand observations
No one was cleaner in their habits lol
It's been a year plus. I'm betting coincidence

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I got my 2nd Maderna yesterday and woke up with a fever of 99.9 and sore. Been up and down all day. Wasn’t gonna get the shot but we help take care of a 90 yo and her Dr recommended it. Hopefully better by the morning.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Second shot of Pfizer at 11:15 this morning.

32, healthy, go to the gym almost everyday.

I had about 125 oz of water on Monday and also yesterday. I usually weigh 204-205... I weighed 208.5 this morning after my regular morning weight loss at the toilet. Apparently I live my life dehydrated?

USMC2010

Reaction score
Second shot of Pfizer at 11:15 this morning.

32, healthy, go to the gym almost everyday.

I had about 125 oz of water on Monday and also yesterday. I usually weigh 204-205... I weighed 208.5 this morning after my regular morning weight loss at the toilet. Apparently I live my life dehydrated?
Most people do, myself included.

Nokomis

Nobody
Reaction score
Had my first jab of the Moderna vax on Saturday at noon. Arm pain up to shoulders by midnight, and spent Sunday on the couch with flu-like symptoms taking Tylenol and drinking Pedialyte to stay hydrated.

Monday back to work and drinking Miller Lite.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
J&J on Monday morning. That evening some slight body aches and tired. Tuesday back at it.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Ok, just over 24 hours after the second Pfizer.

Wife got a little tired around 9ish last night and went to bed early around 10. I felt fine. Both had a little sore shoulder.

This morning we were all good, just sore shoulders. Over the last few hours, the wife is starting to complain that her body is kind of sore. I felt somewhat the same but thought it was post deadlifting pain.

She asked if I felt it too. I told her yeah... but I like it. She called me a fucking weirdo and went back to working 😁

We know a couple, similar age, also got Pfizer. They didn't know the hydration tip. They said the day after was no fever but headaches, body aches, and tired all day. The next day... poof, like it never happened.

Another buddy similar age got J&J... fever, aches, tired. He told me I really needed to slam a bunch of water.

Moral of the story... my non medical, small sample size opinion = Hydrate thoroughly before.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I got my first shot this morning. Morderna.

The chick slammed it into my left arm!!! Yeah, it hurt, but it was far from unbearable pain. :rolleyes:

As I was sitting there chillin, I kept moving my arm around. After about 15min, the pain was already fading. It's been 5 hours ago now? No pain. No reaction.

We shall see what the next shot brings...

P.S. I had the covid back in December. I got a 3 day cold out of that deal. I'm 63.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
My local driver took the second shot, ( I do not know which one yet ) and died pretty much instantly. He was rushed to the ER, his lungs were filling with fluid and the doctors could not control it. Fifth person I have heard of dying within 24 hours of a shot. RIP.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
My 16 year old got her second shot Tuesday. Woke up yesterday with a fever feeling like crap. Layered Tylenol and Motrin and got it down to 99 passing temp check, slammed a Red Bull then played 90 minutes of soccer. She was fine by last night.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Wife and I both got second shot yesterday morning. Moderna. Arm more sore than first vaccination for both of us. Wife feels crappy today, whereas she had no effects from the first shot. I brought her breakfast in bed and offered a boob massage. I don't have to explain how that went. But she did like the breakfast.

I'm feeling a bit Covidish again. Mild headache, body aches. Not pleasant but after a Paracetamol I'm feeling a bit better. Drinking lots of water. I expect to feel worse throughout the day. Not much planned for today and tomorrow.

Played golf on Tuesday morning. Walked the six miles with a pushcart. Left me a bit sore too. LOL

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Woke up, arm is really sore. We did our 2 mile walk. Feel a little off, but nothing major. Hope it stays this way.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Modelo works too, wish I would have known that🤣🤣
Modelo, PBR and Va JJ is how they are known at my house. Wife and oldest had the PBR and were both fine just a little tired. Youngest,23, had had 1PBR and he was fine , nothing at all. 2nd is in 2 weeks for him. My buddy got his 2nd modelo last wed. Flu like for 2 days,but made it to the races in Perris Saturday.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Wife, Myself, and 21 year old Daughter all done here in So. OC at Soka University. Pfizer. Done through the Othena app.

Felt a little tired the next day of second shot, myself and wife. Daughter nada.

My Mother received Moderna and second shot was 101 fever and flu like for one 24 hr period.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This thread is for first hand info on the vaccine and it's side effects, it is not for news articles or opinion so please keep them out.

If you have received the vaccine or a close family member has please post up their side effects.

•What vaccine
•Shot sight (how it looks/feels)
•What side effects you/they had and how bad they were
•What ever other info you/they feel pertinent
•Age/rough age (doesn't have to be exact)
•Edit your first post with info about your 2nd shot that way we don't have to go looking for a 2nd post

Some of us are thinking about getting it before any of our wives or kids have to get it and I think it would be good to get good info about it, RDP tells it how it is unlike the media.

Since a lot of inmates avoid the Dungeon I am asking the mods to leave this in the lounge.

Guys please don't turn this thread into a circus, some of us may be required to get a vaccine by our employer and this info will be beneficial.
Great thread thank you..... 62 good health.... waited on sidelines since January preferring to learn reactions in market prior to decision.

1st Moderna shot Sat 5/1 @ RiteAid..... first night was uncomfortable, no sleep....Got headaches, body aches and very tired over following several days. I'm tracking and now in day 5 and these basic flu like symptoms are slowly lessening. I've never had a flu shot before. My 55 year old buddy also went with me and he only experienced arm soreness and tiredness. I am not looking forward to next shot 5/29 thats for sure..... based on threads info I'm gonna pound pedialyte and be sure to have plenty of Advil in house.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
I can’t help but wonder if the more severe the reaction to the vaccine, the more severe the real thing could have been. I had SARS Covid-1 back in 2003. Unconscious for 6 days. This vaccine didn’t do shit to me but knocked my wife on her ass. Interesting thought nonetheless.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I did the super hydrate thing for 2 days prior. They told me no advil, just tylenol for pain.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the second dose of Moderna. So are my parents and they had theirs before me. Its backed up here for first dose appointments. They are considering mixing vaccine brands here for the second dose. Apparently they are waiting for a study out of the UK to see if that's ok.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Quick update. Buddy and I took the JnJ shot back in Feb, no issues to report.

However, I know 2 women that took the JnJ, and are reporting some health issues.
* one has developed constant rashes throughout her body, doctors have her on a variety of medicines with no current cure (age range 45-50)
* the other was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy, has the droopy face - was given 70% that her face was will recover (age range 55 - 65)

Coincidence, who knows, I am not a doctor..... Just reporting what I know.......Both women were healthy prior to getting Covid and prior to the shot.

Hope this helps.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Wife and I both got second shot yesterday morning. Moderna. Arm more sore than first vaccination for both of us. Wife feels crappy today, whereas she had no effects from the first shot. I brought her breakfast in bed and offered a boob massage. I don't have to explain how that went. But she did like the breakfast.

I'm feeling a bit Covidish again. Mild headache, body aches. Not pleasant but after a Paracetamol I'm feeling a bit better. Drinking lots of water. I expect to feel worse throughout the day. Not much planned for today and tomorrow.

Played golf on Tuesday morning. Walked the six miles with a pushcart. Left me a bit sore too. LOL
Didn't you get some bad flu symptoms from first shot? I think I was waiting to hear about your second shot particularly because I got slammed by my first one. Waiting for second now and not looking forward to that day.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I bet those of us participating in this study and following this thread were hoping to see some pattern in the reactions based on some data like age, health or something but I've read entire thread and looks to me like its very random. Shows how unique each of our physiologies are.

90 Laveycraft

SBC/Jet..Oh hell ya!
Reaction score
Follow up, 48+ hours later
Again, nothing for me.
Wife, is basically back to normal other than major injection site reaction(swollen/red). Just left urgent care and told very common, prescribed gel for reaction site, 4 times/ day.

Said absolutely take next injection....it will be worse...least he's honest!!

Again, keep it coming folks-all real info is good info.

2nd shots Thursday afternoon.
Me, again basically nothing other than a sore arm.
Wife, it took 12 hours and flu like symptoms, swollen injection site, fever that spiked the next day to 102. Today, feeling much better...for her #1 was worse, for me they were about the same.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
2nd shots Thursday afternoon.
Me, again basically nothing other than a sore arm.
Wife, it took 12 hours and flu like symptoms, swollen injection site, fever that spiked the next day to 102. Today, feeling much better...for her #1 was worse, for me they were about the same.
Good data, thanks!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Bump..... good to keep this thread alive. I'm in day 7 after first shot and now have only shortness of breath or reduced lung capacity as residual effect left from vaccination. I may see my doctor before taking second shot in 3 weeks. The reduced lung capacity issue is a concern.... I had no issues prior to shot or asthma. Hmmmmmmm

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Moderna.

1st shot, no side effects I can remember. (but as I drive down the street I can't remember if I closed the garage door)

2nd shot last Friday, woke up Saturday, texted work I was not coming in, went back to sleep until 2PM. Took 2 Tylenol, had 100 degree temperature and felt tired the rest of Saturday, 2 more Tylenol PM and in bed by 10.

Woke up today (Sunday) feeling fine, went to Costco, mowed the lawn, watched golf.... I no longer feel any side effects.

"what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" comes to mind.

gqchris

Reaction score
Bump..... good to keep this thread alive. I'm in day 7 after first shot and now have only shortness of breath or reduced lung capacity as residual effect left from vaccination. I may see my doctor before taking second shot in 3 weeks. The reduced lung capacity issue is a concern.... I had no issues prior to shot or asthma. Hmmmmmmm

Do you have a Pulse Ox machine by chance? Super cheap and worth its weight in gold when needed: https://www.amazon.com/Zacurate-Fin...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my 2nd shot of poison (Moderna) yesterday at 9am. Only a sore arm until 5pm when the body aches started. By 8pm all my bones were aching and the fever started. Shitty night sleep last night trying to get comfortable all night. Still had a fever (100.7) this morning and felt like garbage. Starting to feel a little bit better, but I'm tired and my head hurts.

I never get sick and have never had a flu shot.
I didn't even want to get this bullshit, but I miss travelling and having the vaccine is already becoming a requirement to go to some places.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Got my 2nd shot of poison (Moderna) yesterday at 9am. Only a sore arm until 5pm when the body aches started. By 8pm all my bones were aching and the fever started. Shitty night sleep last night trying to get comfortable all night. Still had a fever (100.7) this morning and felt like garbage. Starting to feel a little bit better, but I'm tired and my head hurts.

I didn't even want to get this bullshit, but I miss travelling and having the vaccine is already becoming a requirement to go to some places.
Thanks for posting. I'm readying myself for #2 Moderna in 2 weeks and am expecting basically that reaction. Good idea to stock up on pedialyte, Tylenol and flu meds. You get the drill. Hope it subsides rapidly for you.

gqchris

Reaction score

Thats what scary to me. I never get sick and never had a flu shot. Until my work FORCES me, I am waiting it out. Hope you feel better soon. That is some shitty side affects.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats what scary to me. I never get sick and never had a flu shot. Until my work FORCES me, I am waiting it out. Hope you feel better soon. That is some shitty side affects.

The last time I was sick was Thanksgiving 2016 with a 24 hour flu. So, to say that I'm pissed about feeling like shit is a massive understatement. Still fighting fever, chills and headache. Such bullshit. Ugh. I'm no doctor, but I have a feeling that my extremely strong immune system is why I'm still having a reaction over 24 hours later. My body is pissed.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
J&J @ begin of April (just before it was paused). Sore at injection site for a week. Chip must have imbedded sideways

Wife, mom/dad and stepparents all got Pfizer. All reported sore at injection site for a few days and feeling lousy for a day after each dose.

Wife and I agree we are not giving our kids the vaccine should it be approved for those under 12.

My employer has stated numerous times they will not be mandating vaccines. Only going as far as strongly encouraging it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The last time I was sick was Thanksgiving 2016 with a 24 hour flu. So, to say that I'm pissed about feeling like shit is a massive understatement. Still fighting fever, chills and headache. Such bullshit. Ugh. I'm no doctor, but I have a feeling that my extremely strong immune system is why I'm still having a reaction over 24 hours later. My body is pissed.
Hope you feel better quick Mel.
Me and Jan got our 2nd in early March(pfizer)...neither of us had any ill effects. Went camping at mission bays campland, rode bikes to pb and enjoyed the booze cruise immensely.
Jan said she actually felt like she was on an energy high.
As you probably know, my brother is in this field of medicine and he told me back in march they're seeing ~ 30% of people reacting with tiredness and/or flu like symptoms for a few days.

Last edited: