WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

C-2

Reaction score
I got both shots in March. (Pfizer) After the first shot I was a little tired and my arm hurt like hell. Think tetanus shot pain. The second shot didn’t phase me at all, no pain, no fatigue, nothing.

My wife got her shots a week apart from mine. She slept for 24 hours after the first shot. The second shot was a different animal for her. Within a couple hours of getting the shot she felt like she hit a brick wall. Neither of us slept much for the next couple of nights because she was up all night tossing, turning and in complete agony. At one point she told me her hair hurt. She’s also developed some issues that are characteristic of long COVID.

Fast forward to today. Like C2 I got a booster in one arm and a flu shot in the other. Both shots were painless and I felt fine. I’m a little more than 12 hours in and I feel fine with one exception, my COVID shot arm hurts like a motherf*cker. I cannot sleep right now because the pain is so intense. This sh*t is shingles level pain and puts a tetanus shot to shame.

My wife won’t be getting a booster.
My arm pain went away quickly, I wrenched on a car all day today.

Next report will be my 83-year MIL, who got the Moderna shots while in chemo, but now she's going thru hardcore radiation so we'll see what her doctors say.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Bump..... This thread is now almost 10 months old and it was started as a means for us to share our data as we all live and manage Covid to gain insight without any media hype & bias... just real world stuff to share in our RDP community. I just read a new thread regarding @TITTIES AND BEER stating both he and his wife having contacted Covid which after reading through all the well wishes and prayers made me think of this thread. The very tough question to ask of those of us contracting the virus is... were we vaccinated or not, right? I personally am kind of lost on the data the media feeds us. I'm not a judgemental person in the least... and I'd like to hear what we as a community are experiencing.... are folks contacting virus in spite of vaccination? News outlets seem to indicate if vaccinated we won't die unless we have pre existing conditions such as diabetes, obesity, etc.... but thats the news medias message. I'd think we here on RDP might want to share our truths .... it'd benefit us all as I see it. Prayers and well wishes are fine but do we want to share data that benefits the community? I do

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
From the stories that I have read on here I am not sure the vaccine is effective? The couples where one was and one wasn’t they didn’t seem to see much difference.

The problem is the virus some breeze through and others it puts in the hospital.. doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to any of it.

There are a lot of stories on here about adverse reactions to the vax. I find it troubling that there seems to be a concerted effort in the medical community to cover that up.

I haven’t made up my mind which way I’m going personally, but I bought the ivermectin and other drugs that people have shared their personal testimonials with.

I have a friend in the hospital right now.. they have been treating him
And he’s gettting worse. He obtained ivermectin and HCL today. I’d that turns him around in two days like it has for others I’m gonna skip the vax and go that route.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
From the stories that I have read on here I am not sure the vaccine is effective? The couples where one was and one wasn’t they didn’t seem to see much difference.

The problem is the virus some breeze through and others it puts in the hospital.. doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to any of it.

There are a lot of stories on here about adverse reactions to the vax. I find it troubling that there seems to be a concerted effort in the medical community to cover that up.

I haven’t made up my mind which way I’m going personally, but I bought the ivermectin and other drugs that people have shared their personal testimonials with.

And he’s gettting worse. He obtained ivermectin and HCL today. I’d that turns him around in two days like it has for others I’m gonna skip the vax and go that route.
Yup, agreed there appears to be many ways to skin this cat. That's why this thread is so effective in helping us make decisions. Now society finds ourseves at a stage where those that are employed by companies mandating they get vaxed have a weighty decision to make. It looks [to me at least] like this is the next phase of this epidemic.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
We almost need to make a spreadsheet with the variables and outcomes

@Singleton

RD
Brilliant.... absolutely. I was gonna suggest this months ago on this particular thread. Its been the most "healthy" covid thread thus far.... however earlier it was simply too hot an issue to ask folks to state factual personal data and not get side tracked by bias etc.... I believe we're at a point now where we can see a bit clearer.

4Waters

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

I'll also add that I think its a big ask to get those in "medical community" to state data & opinions these days unfortunately... at least not publicly... they're far too vulnerable legally so its cya. This is new stuff, right.... anybody who says they know this or that is off base.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'll also add that I think its a big ask to get those in "medical community" to state data & opinions these days unfortunately... at least not publicly... they're far too vulnerable legally so its cya. This is new stuff, right.... anybody who says they know this or that is off base.

Not everyone is running their name as a screen name.

4Waters

Reaction score
I think this thread will become more relevant with this push for mandates in order to feed your family, especially with the push for kids here in California, we all want to protect our kids.

If it gets to the point of having to vaccinate my kids I will get a blood test done first to make sure they don't have an underlying clotting issue. I also won't be getting my kids vaxed without the same choices we as adults have. To give parents 1 choice is absolutely wrong, they should not require kids be vaxed until all 3 have full FDA approval.

Joe mama

Reaction score
I’ve had the shit and still have people ask me if I will get the vax now. I didn’t have any real breathing issues, but do notice a little clearing my throat in the mornings (could be allergies). I followed waters routine and felt that actually helped me through it. So the question? Is another variant going to come through and take me out. My doctor said if your going to get the jab wait 4 to 6 months. I never had a flu shot in my life same with my 96 year old grandpa. I would hate to get this shot and screw up a good immune system..IDK

RCDave

Reaction score

My experience with all this mirror's yours and I'm in the exact same spot

Sherpa

Reaction score
my wife and I personally know of 4 deaths as a direct result of getting the vaccine. 4....... died within a week of the shot. the last to pass was a long time customer of my
wifes walgreens store. we're attending the celebration of life get together on saturday.

gqchris

Reaction score

Dave In on the same wave length with you on this. Exactly.

Keep us please posted on your friend and if the Ivermectin HCL helps. Are they sneaking it in? I heard doctors wont touch it.

just_floatin

Reaction score
I think this thread will become more relevant with this push for mandates in order to feed your family, especially with the push for kids here in California, we all want to protect our kids.

If it gets to the point of having to vaccinate my kids I will get a blood test done first to make sure they don't have an underlying clotting issue. I also won't be getting my kids vaxed without the same choices we as adults have. To give parents 1 choice is absolutely wrong, they should not require kids be vaxed until all 3 have full FDA approval.
Well the shots will be available without shipping delays.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
We almost need to make a spreadsheet with the variables and outcomes

@Singleton

RD
You’re gonna have one hell of a spreadsheet with all the boosters we’re gonna need to combat all the meme variants.

Delta plus? I’ll wait till the new and improved delta 11 platinum edition comes out

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I'm not down with this shot because it doesn't block or prevent transmission. It doesn't work like all traditional past vaccines have. On top of that it fucks some people up.

They say Covid killed Colon Powell who was vaccinated. They say his immune system was weakened from his cancer treatments. Like most of us, Colin Powell was likely vaccinated from Diphtheria, Polio and Rubella but none of those killed him because those vaccines actually work.

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
Listened to the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Gupta... great episode and a MUST listen.. one great point that Joe Rogan that caught Dr. Gupta off guard what the topic of aspirating the needle when getting the vaccine. This was in relation to myocarditis in boys 12-18 and the thought of injections getting into the blood stream (vein). When I got my 2 shots I never saw anyone aspirate the needle ... it is something I will ask for when my kids are required to get it.

PlanB

Reaction score
I am now more than three months from my first Pfizer shot. I have recovered some but still have a ways to go. My blurred vision is mostly gone with some minor issues still focusing while looking around. The biggest problem I am still having is with movement. Movement while walking or movement on the TV is bothersome for me to visually track. The doctors think as the shot wears off (4-6 months) I will return to normal. I will keep this thread updated.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yup, agreed there appears to be many ways to skin this cat. That's why this thread is so effective in helping us make decisions. Now society finds ourseves at a stage where those that are employed by companies mandating they get vaxed have a weighty decision to make. It looks [to me at least] like this is the next phase of this epidemic.

Well, nice try Bill 🥴 Only took about three or four posts before all the "Skin the Cat" experts arrived on scene. ;)

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Former CDC Director Robert Redfield said that more than 40 percent of people who have recently died from the China Virus in Maryland were fully vaccinated.

Reaction score
just to balance out all the negative replies on this thread. I got pfizer vaccine 1 and 2 plus the booster and no reactions. and also got the seasonal flu vaccine and my first shingles vaccine no reaction. only reason I can think of is I'm not a registered republican...

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
My mom's aunt and uncle are in the hospital, and it's not looking good. Typical overweight Americans in their 60s. Not sure why, but they stopped at one shot.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
just to balance out all the negative replies on this thread. I got pfizer vaccine 1 and 2 plus the booster and no reactions. and also got the seasonal flu vaccine and my first shingles vaccine no reaction. only reason I can think of is I'm not a registered republican...

Consider yourself lucky then. Couple of members on here got completely fucked up from it but fuck them right?……they should’ve re-registered as Democrats because, you know, adverse reactions only target them dumb trumpkins…..

1634751063649.jpeg

red ant

Reaction score
The vax should always be a personal choice. I remember Fauci in a news conference when the vax was new. stating that if you have lots of allergies or severe allergies DO NOT get the vax. Now all these politicians and CEOs are forcing people to get the vax and many places are not accepting medical reasons for not getting the vax. If you have ever been on a medicine that made you sick and years later the medicine was pulled because of adverse side effects, you know what I am getting at. Big Pharma is not always our savior. Look at how many pills the elderly are on. Some are good, but most not so much. Meanwhile look at the profits of big Pharma in the past 9 mos.

Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky then. Couple of members on here got completely fucked up from it but fuck them right?……they should’ve re-registered as Democrats because, you know, adverse reactions only target them dumb trumpkins…..

that may not work, I'm not a registered democrat. no party affiliation.

530RL

Reaction score
Former CDC Director Robert Redfield said that more than 40 percent of people who have recently died from the China Virus in Maryland were fully vaccinated.

53% of those that die in auto accidents were wearing a seat belt. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

HitIt

Reaction score
53% of those that die in auto accidents were wearing a seat belt. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Sometimes I think that you have good points and agree with you. Sometimes I think you are a clown.

Seatbelts were never expected to eliminate the threat of death from car accidents. The vaccine was originally sold as something that had an extremely high probability of stopping you from dying and also stop you from even getting COVID. Since that didn't turn out to be true, the CDC literally changed the definition of "vaccine" so that people like yourself would continue to lump this in the same category as polio, measles, etc. And instead of admitting things aren't working out the way they planned and figuring out how to make a better seatbelt, they are telling you to wear more seatbelts. And telling people that are in golf carts that they need to wear seatbelts.

530RL

Reaction score
Sometimes I think that you have good points and agree with you. Sometimes I think you are a clown.

Seatbelts were never expected to eliminate the threat of death from car accidents. The vaccine was originally sold as something that had an extremely high probability of stopping you from dying and also stop you from even getting COVID. Since that didn't turn out to be true, the CDC literally changed the definition of "vaccine" so that people like yourself would continue to lump this in the same category as polio, measles, etc. And instead of admitting things aren't working out the way they planned and figuring out how to make a better seatbelt, they are telling you to wear more seatbelts. And telling people that are in golf carts that they need to wear seatbelts.

Interesting, it was never sold to me as that?

I was told that in controlled studies it reduced the chances of hospitalization or death but did not eliminate either. In addition, even if one does not believe in those conclusions, the data and reports are in black and white for anyone to read and come to their own conclusions.

At the end of the day, this is no longer a medical or data driven issue but an emotional tribal issue. Might as well have a sense of humor about it and enjoy a quip because no one is changing any ones mind.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting, it was never sold to me as that?

I was told that in controlled studies it reduced the chances of hospitalization or death but did not eliminate either. In addition, even if one does not believe in those conclusions, the data and reports are in black and white for anyone to read and come to their own conclusions.

At the end of the day, this is no longer a medical or data driven issue but an emotional tribal issue. Might as well have a sense of humor about it and enjoy a quip because no one is changing any ones mind.
Clown world 🤡

Honk honk! 😂

4C040B3D-3432-48B2-8348-B0ECF534E6EE.jpeg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well,somebody Gotta say it.I have not read every post in this thread,but seems the membership of RDP not in favor of vaccination,just about 100% posts against.Very few if any comments even admitting getting the shots. Yet,millions of people have in fact been vaccinated,including myself and wife. Our reasoning,we believe the information indicating if vaccinated and still become sick with this shit you have a good chance getting thru it at our ages. The outcome of all this going to be interesting and it will not be long coming.
FWIW,mandating anything to me or my wife would never work out for whoever mandating. Getting a vaccination should be a personal decision made on actual fact.
No matter what after 14 years at RDP,personally RDP will never be the same again,the disrespect towards personal decision and older people has been incredible. Too many lines crossed. Plus,there are many members and I mean many long time RDP members just not stating or posting their opinions.

530RL

Reaction score

Clown world it certainly is

Your meme is exactly why this is no longer a medical or scientific issue and has become clown world.

Fauci never said what that meme says. He never said they were "100 percent effective against death and hospitalization" as no vaccine including measles, rubella or others are 100% effective in preventing disease, death and hospitilization. Sure people edited videos and took stuff out of context to promote their narrative, but the data is the data and it is on the CDC as well as the drug companies websites. It simply doesn't show 100 percent effective. And everyone who has objectively read the reports and data understands that. But that made up meme is very effective at making an argument.

If one is pro-vaccine they are going to manipulate whatever necessary to make their point stronger, and if one is anti-vaccine they are going to manipulate whatever necessary to make their point stronger. That's just the way it is.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Clown world it certainly is

Your meme is exactly why this is no longer a medical or scientific issue and has become clown world.

Fauci never said what that meme says. He never said they were "100 percent effective against death and hospitalization" as no vaccine including measles, rubella or others are 100% effective in preventing disease, death and hospitilization. Sure people edited videos and took stuff out of context to promote their narrative, but the data is the data and it is on the CDC as well as the drug companies websites. It simply doesn't show 100 percent effective. And everyone who has objectively read the reports and data understands that. But that made up meme is very effective at making an argument.

If one is pro-vaccine they are going to manipulate whatever necessary to make their point stronger, and if one is anti-vaccine they are going to manipulate whatever necessary to make their point stronger. That's just the way it is.
No one edited anything you clown.
Fauci himself said that Pfizer and moderna shots offered 94-95% efficacy for mild to moderate disease and “virtually 100% efficacy for severe disease…. Which include hospitalization and death”. I know you’re gonna pretzel what the definition of severe disease is but I’d probably sit this one out chief 😂

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You know.. this was a good thread.

Then people have to come in and start attacking each other and. Selling each other clowns.

I got an idea.. it’s a novel one. Why don’t you take the arguments to any of the hundreds of politicized threads regards to this virus.. and leave the personal experiences to this one.

I will be home from
Hawaii tomorrow and will clean this thread up..

If anyone wants to start a thread dedicated towards a spreadsheet with short simple questions and responses I’d be all for it.

Vax yes / no
Side effect? Yes / no
Covid yes / no
Severity 1-10
Hospitalized yes / no
Treatment?
Ventilator?

I am sure I missed a few things here.

Other
Ivermectin
Antibody treatment
HCL
List of other alternative drugs or herbs etc? I don’t know them all by heart)

One simple sentence. Do you feel the vax helped?
Do you feel the alternatives helped?

I am sure I missed a few things here

Stories of one degree.. same questions and answers as many as possible.
Direct people you know (not I heard about my buddies brother). Same questions.. 1 degree of separation.

Rd

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score

Then people have to come in and start attacking each other and. Selling each other clowns.

I got an idea.. it’s a novel one. Why don’t you take the arguments to any of the hundreds of politicized threads regards to this virus.. and leave the personal experiences to this one.
Thanks Dave, supposed to be how the vaccine effects you close family or friends.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
If anyone wants to start a thread dedicated towards a spreadsheet with short simple questions and responses I’d be all for it.

Vax yes / no
Side effect? Yes / no
Covid yes / no
Severity 1-10
Hospitalized yes / no
Treatment?
Ventilator?

Brand of VAX received?

Booster shot?

Loss of taste/smell?

4Waters

Reaction score
I know of 2 people (1 friend, 1 co-workers cousin) both pregnant 1 6mo, 1 12 weeks both lost the baby within 1 week of vaccination that was pushed by their doctor. Both vaccines were the MRNA ones.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Wife was one of the first in AZ to get the shot back in december of 2020 (pfizer), I got mine in April of 2021 (moderna), just general soreness and a slight fever as a reaction to the vax. We ended up getting COVID a couple weeks ago, she became symptomatic on 09/29, I became symptomatic on 09/30, we both tested positive 10/03. Unknown where we got it from.

We lost taste and smell, had runny nose, sore throat (we originally thought sinus infection), slight fever, general exhaustion, and being winded. My wife also had consistent migraines (she usually has migraines about once a month but this one was consistent for a week). I don't get migraines and didn't get one after testing positive. We both received monoclonal antibody treatment at day 10 of symptoms (last day of eligibility), both of us were already on the mend but the antibodies appeared to really help accelerate improving our symptoms. Her migraines are still hanging around a bit, unknown how much of that is related to her historical migraine issues and how much is related to COVID.

Reactions: C-2

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Just when is the government worried about some one . Never just now
Only taxes you need to pay , fines .
Now get the shot .
But they allowing thousands to come here not tested or get the shot ..
Hmmm strange

No thanks , I’ll pass

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
my wife and I personally know of 4 deaths as a direct result of getting the vaccine. 4....... died within a week of the shot. the last to pass was a long time customer of my
wifes walgreens store. we're attending the celebration of life get together on saturday.
Unfortunately thats only half the information.... this thread is asking us to state what if any other issues may have been in play. The medical folks refers to these as "Underlying medical issues" such as over weightness, diabetes, etc....

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score

I will be home from

Vax yes / no
Side effect? Yes / no
Covid yes / no
Severity 1-10
Hospitalized yes / no
Treatment?
Ventilator?

Other
Ivermectin
Antibody treatment
HCL

Direct people you know (not I heard about my buddies brother). Same questions.. 1 degree of separation.

Rd

Any lingering symptoms from being infected?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I am now more than three months from my first Pfizer shot. I have recovered some but still have a ways to go. My blurred vision is mostly gone with some minor issues still focusing while looking around. The biggest problem I am still having is with movement. Movement while walking or movement on the TV is bothersome for me to visually track. The doctors think as the shot wears off (4-6 months) I will return to normal. I will keep this thread updated.
Good data.... useful & thanks.
Well, nice try Bill 🥴 Only took about three or four posts before all the "Skin the Cat" experts arrived on scene. ;)
Ha, yeah so I noticed but yaknow its all cool and I understand folks need to vent and express themselves. We can still participate as a group and provide data as situations continue to occur and I think we will. Covid, the vaccinations and how they effect our bodies continues to evolve..... we ain't done yet, far from it.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Glad someone mentioned that interview... I was watching it with a brilliant geek buddy and when Redfield gave that stat we both paused and looked at each other saying "And of those people how many had underlying medical conditions?!" That is the data the medical community does not share when they broadcast their numbers. Very frustrating.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

I will be home from

Vax yes / no
Side effect? Yes / no
Covid yes / no
Severity 1-10
Hospitalized yes / no
Treatment?
Ventilator?

Other
Ivermectin
Antibody treatment
HCL

Rd
Mahalo

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I know of 2 people (1 friend, 1 co-workers cousin) both pregnant 1 6mo, 1 12 weeks both lost the baby within 1 week of vaccination that was pushed by their doctor. Both vaccines were the MRNA ones.
Man I'm sorry to hear that.... I hadn't been hearing much about that aspect of the vaxes.

C-2

Reaction score
No matter what after 14 years at RDP,personally RDP will never be the same again,the disrespect towards personal decision and older people has been incredible. Too many lines crossed. Plus,there are many members and I mean many long time RDP members just not stating or posting their opinions.
Nailed it. The more I read, the less time I want to spend here.