WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid & Vax updates from rdp community

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just figured I’d start a thread with some updates about what’s going on in our online community and friends..

feel free to pm any updates if you want them anonymous..

In my circle

Carey Liera - RIP
Roy Schroeder - RIP
Paul Koesterer- RIP

well the one guy that I was saying was in the hospital earlier this week has passed. Non smoker other than being heavy no issues that I’m aware of. He was the host house for poker games in Havasu.. his wife was the office manager for realty Execs when we were there. She has it but is recovering.. widowed now with some adopted kids. Life’s about to get very difficult for her. (Considering an rdp fundraiser for them)

The guy that owns all the Havasu to Vegas shuttles is now in ICU in Havasu.. he might be going on a vent soon.

Wendy (my limo drivers girlfriend) has it now and is extremely sick. In a twisted since of our government she is a mail lady.. they have like ten kids in that house and all the kids got it. she was more than exposed living in the house and the post office wanted her to continue her route if she wasn’t showing symptoms!! Now she’s officially really sick so she’s not delivering mail anymore.

Another friend of mine named Mike now has covid in Havasu. He is extremely sick to the point where he is having a hard time thinking and understanding things. He is very confused and struggling with very basic things (I’m not gonna get into it all). This guy is more in shape than anyone I knowLiterally spends 3 hrs in a gym a day.

VAX problems
on a side note I was with Trent when I went to Mexico.. got a call from his friend whom got the vax he now has an enlarged heart and lungs full of fluid.

A members SIL has the shakes now and can’t walk any distance without collapsing. She got the vax / no covid.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Haven’t really put a lot of thought into this on how to make it work. but I figured the community is large enough we could do some real world tracking with real world stories so that people can make real world decisions. Because other than avoiding people and buying meds.. I don’t see any good options.
I don’t think the vaccine is good.. and I know the virus isn’t.

yz450mm

Reaction score
39, pretty good shape, got it in the first week of January. Down for two days on the couch, then recovered quickly, biggest bummer was the loss of taste and smell for a couple of weeks.

Once I knew what was going down, I heavily loaded up on Emergen-C and zinc, as well as multivitamins. To this day, a triple play zinc is part of my morning regimen.

Experimental "vaccination" ? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

FishSniper

Reaction score
Friend went to the doctor the other day and doctor told her lot of the vaccinated resident doctors at the hospital are now coming down with covid and was told by the doctor this not going away till enough people get it for herd immunity not due to vaccine. Same person knows of two relatives who both currently have it one vaxed and one not and both having nearly identical symptoms. This whole unvaccinated are driving this spike is media driven bs but at this point it seems like unless you are going to lockdown for who knows how long at some point it’s very likely we all going to get it vaxed or not.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I have a close friend without any prior health issues that received the vaccine, and now has nerve issues. Similar to neuropathy, and has lost feeling in his ankles and feet. He is having a terrible time walking and not falling, since he can't feel his feet touch the ground. Has had several tests and scans, and can't find any reason for this problem.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Double Pfizer shots. No issues with the vaxx. Got covid a few weeks ago. No symptoms at all but developed a bad cough that caused me to go to doc and he tested me. Went away after a week on its own, no drugs prescribed. All normal now.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Hey RD, here’s my rational. Wife works in a medial facility. Good chance she’s going to have contact with someone sick. Kid plays club soccer. Lots of contact with strangers. Yeah, outside but swapping sweat, snot, etc.
Felt is was a safer bet than rolling the dice especially since I have asthma. The kid got the shots too. She is 17. 100% her choice. Wife had it in December 2019. She got the shots when available still. None of us have had vaxx side effects. Long term, who knows but I doubt it at this point. I think if you go sideways from the jab, it happens relatively soon after.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I just figured I’d start a thread with some updates about what’s going on in our online community and friends..

feel free to pm any updates if you want them anonymous..

In my circle

Carey Liera - RIP
Roy Schroeder - RIP
Paul Koesterer- RIP

well the one guy that I was saying was in the hospital earlier this week has passed. Non smoker other than being heavy no issues that I’m aware of. He was the host house for poker games in Havasu.. his wife was the office manager for realty Execs when we were there. She has it but is recovering.. widowed now with some adopted kids. Life’s about to get very difficult for her. (Considering an rdp fundraiser for them)

The guy that owns all the Havasu to Vegas shuttles is now in ICU in Havasu.. he might be going on a vent soon.

Wendy (my limo drivers girlfriend) has it now and is extremely sick. In a twisted since of our government she is a mail lady.. they have like ten kids in that house and all the kids got it. she was more than exposed living in the house and the post office wanted her to continue her route if she wasn’t showing symptoms!! Now she’s officially really sick so she’s not delivering mail anymore.

Another friend of mine named Mike now has covid in Havasu. He is extremely sick to the point where he is having a hard time thinking and understanding things. He is very confused and struggling with very basic things (I’m not gonna get into it all). This guy is more in shape than anyone I knowLiterally spends 3 hrs in a gym a day.

VAX problems
on a side note I was with Trent when I went to Mexico.. got a call from his friend whom got the vax he now has an enlarged heart and lungs full of fluid.

A members SIL has the shakes now and can’t walk any distance without collapsing. She got the vax / no covid.
Ritchey is in the ICU. :(

RodnJen

Reaction score
Two adults and two teenagers all vaxed with no side effects.

We both have high exposure due to work or commuting so it was not even a question in our household.

Jen may have had it in January 2020 but we will never know.

see post #17 in the Mask is a Lie thread for more on experience.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
I know nine people home with the bug, one more in ICU as of last night. All are in the 55-70 year old range, one is Type-2 but other than that no major health issues that I'm aware of. All had been vaxxed or recently had an earlier (3-4 months ago) variant of the bug. All considered themselves "safe" and probably put themselves into riskier situations that they should have (bars at night, Vegas last weekend, etc.). My wife was with several of them in the middle of last week, she's staying at the Havasu house now to see if she picked it up. She also was vaxxed with the Moderna, both shots, several months ago.

Monday morning edit : The male friend with Type-2 and his wife were both admitted to the hospital last night with breathing issues.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: DWC

530RL

Reaction score
Well it is early on in the thread but right now the side effects and or deaths from the vax seem to be outweighing the virus?

Individuals who are anti-vax will argue the total deaths and side effects from the vaccine exceed the total deaths and side effects from Covid. And pro-vax will argue the opposite.

It’s like the debate about whether hospitals actually have Covid patients in them or do not like the Havasu hospital.

I’m not sure anyone is going to believe the “data” or “facts” the other side presents.

So you have to come to your own conclusions on which facts are facts and which facts are “alternative facts”.

If history is any guide, the real truth, whatever it ends up being, will never be accepted for decades as it would require one side or the other to admit they were wrong. 🤔🤔

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Well it is early on in the thread but right now the side effects and or deaths from the vax seem to be outweighing the virus?
Based on the numbers and severity of vax reactions, I would wonder if these were in the clinical trial phase would they stop?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
One friend vaxxed, Moderna I believe, two months ago. He's 40ish, good health...was hospitalized for a few days with covid a week or so back.
Delta variant? Bum vax? Dunno.

Two friends, late 60's, Pfizer vax, sick for a couple days.

Female, friend's wife, approximately 70, suffered mild stroke within 2 days of vax...age, timing...coincidence? Dunno.

My wife was really sick December 19...may have had it, don't know. So far, we are still thinking the vax is not a cure to risk. Really worry about long term/reproductive effects for our kids.
I'm not anti-vax, but fairly anti-death. Worry about effects on my kids in ten years or so, but the stories of neuropathy aren't helping either...as someone who deals with that every day.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Individuals who are anti-vax will argue the total deaths and side effects from the vaccine exceed the total deaths and side effects from Covid. And pro-vax will argue the opposite.

It’s like the debate about whether hospitals actually have Covid patients in them or do not like the Havasu hospital.

I’m not sure anyone is going to believe the “data” or “facts” the other side presents.

So you have to come to your own conclusions on which facts are facts and which facts are “alternative facts”.

If history is any guide, the real truth, whatever it ends up being, will never be accepted for decades as it would require one side or the other to admit they were wrong. 🤔🤔

Fuck you.
Im not arguing any data, I just related what they told me. Maybe they lied maybe they didnt.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Double Pfizer shots. No issues with the vaxx. Got covid a few weeks ago. No symptoms at all but developed a bad cough that caused me to go to doc and he tested me. Went away after a week on its own, no drugs prescribed. All normal now.

what’s your point ? Neither wife or I took meds, except NyQuil to knock out. It’s not a death sentence.
Coworker went out for milk on a Sunday at 2pm, got hit my a drunk driver ( that was released due to COVID jail ) Does that mean we can’t go out for milk anymore ?

LHCBOY

Reaction score
My wife and I got our Moderna shot in April. No real issues except a little beat from the second round. I am no picture of health.

I smoke like a chimney, drink like beer is not going to be produced anymore, eat like it’s my last meal, sleep about 4 hours a night, in my car 6 hours a day min.

I could stroke out or get cancer from smoking, die of a heart attack because I am over weight, stop breathing from my sleep apnea or die in a car crash driving.

I find it amusing that there are people that live the same lifestyle ( @RiverDave ) and are worried about getting a shot.

I just looked at some numbers and they could be wrong, so feel free to correct me.

36 mil in US infected since March 2020 616 K dead from Covid

150 M vaccinations and 6200 dead.

Now I know that people are worried about the long term affects but I took my chances and I am happy that I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traquer

Reaction score
50ish gentleman in my business mastermind group got the vaccine a few months ago, then last week passed out in the supermarked and smashed his head up pretty bad. Doctors can't figure it out. He never had that happen before. Coincidence?

My cousins wife, 30ish, got the virus during winter and was in pretty bad shape and had to go to the hospital.

No easy choice.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

I think Gibraltar, Iceland and Israel tells us all we need to know as to who is correct, but it was a nice try once again!!!! 😆

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
what’s your point ? Neither wife or I took meds, except NyQuil to knock out. It’s not a death sentence.
Coworker went out for milk on a Sunday at 2pm, got hit my a drunk driver ( that was released due to COVID jail ) Does that mean we can’t go out for milk anymore ?
RD asked. That’s the point.

Reactions: DWC

Spectra18

Reaction score
RD asked. That’s the point.

6D50DAE8-0132-464E-B1ED-F1C35057A554.gif

welldigger00

Reaction score
Mom got it, and in a week went into Er, with AFIB. She’s getting an oblasion(sp?) done on her heart this week. 79 years old. Lost dad two months ago, don’t wanna lose mom. Sux. Lost dad to Parkinson’s, and dementia, mom got it so she didn’t take out dad prematurely, and it may be her demise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well this was kind of a different approach of share life experiences in your circle.. granted there will be some of that from perspectives but I still think it would be more accurate than any numbers we have heard so far?

Joker

Reaction score
I have to be honest, neither the wife or i wanted to get it but there’s so much bullshit circling around that I’m truly exhausted from hearing one side or another. The last thing i want is for my wife to get sick because of my beliefs. Will we get 2 shots, I’m not sure. At this point I’m regretting getting it but also somewhat grateful for it. We made it this long without it but all it takes is one interaction with the wrong person and we could be that person who wishes they got it.
To each their own but I’m still not masking up wherever we go.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
My wife got it been ok so far. Me I haven't been sick with anything in over 20 years so must have a good immune system so I will wait for now.

Havoc Powesports

Reaction score
finally got mine, 46, in March J&J. got it in the morning and worked all day running equipment and rakes. no issues. Good friend got the J&J late afternoon went home sat around and said it hit him like a freight train. body aches and super tired. He also had covid over new years and the shot late Feb

Wife, 30, got the Pfizer, first shot no biggie, 2nd shot late in day after work on Friday came home went to bed woke up with body aches and headache. lasted about 12hrs nothing after.

Son decided he wanted his (16) Pfizer first dose nada, 2nd dose early June, got it in the morning and went cutting lawns. worked all day and just felt extra tired when he got home that afternoon. nothing else

Brother,52, Moderna, first shot fine second shot said it knocked him on his ass like the flu for about a day. His wife, 48, was same after second.

Mom, 82, just beat a rare cancer Non hopkins auto plasma blastic. basically the drs are doing a study on her since she is basically an only survivor. Pfizer, no issues at all.
Her boyfriend, 90, pfizer, made him tired. he missed a golf day, and back at work.

Dad, 84, moderna, gave hime a constant headache for a couple days, first night tired. His wife, 72, moderna, mild fever, body aches, tired, and headaches lasted about 4 days.

Aunt 66, has stage3 lung cancer, Pfizer. extra tired, weak, low fever off and on lasted about 5 days, Uncle, 68, pfizer, no problems.

For losses, brother played soccer with a couple guys that had covid and passed, said they were healthy played the league etc. Local Mayor my moms boyfirend knows lost his son to covid, mid 40's little over weight nothing crazy. Friend of family, his mom passed after getting the moderna, she was unfortunately weak and sickly before hand, but got the shot the day before and didnt wake up the next day.

My family broke down and got the shot due to my work, and wife(teacher), our family members with their issues and her family with auto immune disease.
We still take a supplement of pills and when she starts teaching back on the Emergen C mixes a couple days a week.

Backlash

Reaction score
My wife is 44 and got the Moderna vax in Jan. and Feb. of this year. After first vax., she was sleepy for about a day and didn't do much. After second vax., she had some headaches and felt drained, as if she ran a marathon. Those are the only symptoms she has experienced.

I'm a similar age and am holding out, remaining hopeful. I know of a few other family members who have gotten the vax. with no significant issues....and some who have not. Again, no significant issues thus far.

I'm still a firm believer in having the choice, and I feel that this "Vaccine mandate" is unconstitutional. That's all I have to say about that.

Last edited:

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score

Some will argue the chicken came first, some will argue the egg.....
Why do they have to be labeled?

530RL

Reaction score
He doesn’t speak for us when he says the other side won’t admit being wrong, he clearly assumes everyone is like him.

There’s enough information out on the vaccine now, he’s clearly on the clueless side.

Let’s be clear.

I support your freedom and everyone’s freedom equally.

No one should be compelled to get or not get a vaccine and no business should be compelled to serve or provide a service to the vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Everyone should have their freedom to do as they wish with their body’s or their business.

Being “clueless” is a freedom we should all be entitled to in America regardless of each persons definition of clueless. 👍👍👍

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Let’s be clear.

I support your freedom and everyone’s freedom equally.

No one should be compelled to get or not get a vaccine and no business should be compelled to serve or provide a service to the vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Everyone should have their freedom to do as they wish with their body’s or their business.

Being “clueless” is a freedom we should all be entitled to in America regardless of each persons definition of clueless. 👍👍👍
Sounds so nice and near welcoming...

...and then ended with a passive aggressive "fuck you".
I try to be understanding of other individuals, such as yourself, who may have differing opinions. Oft times, I assume people are brighter than myself, and that those same people may retain some form "tact", dare I say "class" even?
Be that as it may, most times humanity lets me down.

Truth be told, we all die. I'd rather die an arrogant warrior, than a pompous ass.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My parents are vaxxed, my mom got Covid and is fine now, but was really sick for a couple days.

Everything in life has risk. There is risk in getting the virus and there is risk in getting the shot. If you think the shot is deadlier than the virus, personally I think you are out of your mind, just based on the sheer numbers. There are orders of magnitude more people that have been vaccinated than those that have had the virus at this point. If the shot was as deadly as the virus (1%) there would be dead bodies everywhere. Complications from the shots, even deaths, sure they exist. The shots are far from perfect.

If must be assured this shot won’t cause you harm a decade down the line you are being unrealistic. You don’t get those assurances from anything. If you are that worried, stop smoking, drinking, eating fast food or anything processed, breathing solvents, using sunscreen, and the list goes on and on.

I’m not vaxxed as I’m not worried about dying from Covid. That could change, but that is where I am at right now.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
I was very skeptical of the vax, I actually still am. Concerned with long-term effects on the body's natural immune system. That said I got the J&J shot 2 weeks ago after a long and hard mental battle over doing so. I've lost several friends and acquaintances to Covid. The vax risk seemed much less than the Covid risk. Being 68 I was worn out over the potential risk of getting Covid. And very tired of the media on both sides of the issue.

I was very tired for about 3 days after the shot, and had a minor headache and body aches. No other issues (yet). Mary Beth got the same shot a couple months ago and had no issues at all.

As far as the government and/or companies mandating vaccines, I'm strongly against it. It's now happening and I'm pretty confident the Supreme court will decide the legality of it at some point. If an employer told me to take a shot or get fired, fire away. My beliefs on what is safe for my body and what isn't is not someone else's decision. The pro-vaccine nuts and the anti-vaxer nuts both drive me crazy with their holier than thou attitudes arguing their side of the issue. The argument that you should get vaxed for the greater good is dead to me. It is common knowledge both vaxed and unvaxed people are getting Covid. I only got the shot to hopefully not die from Covid if and when I do get it.

I'm not behaving any different than I did before vax. Staying away from large groups etc. I still don't want to get Covid and know the vax will not prevent from getting it. This will all pass eventually and things will get back to some degree of normal. Pandemics typically run in about a 2 year cycle historically give or take. We are only a year and a half in.

RCDave

Reaction score
A coworkers friend got the vax. 30 year old guy in perfect health. Inside of a week he was playing golf and dropped dead on the course from a heart attack. They attribute this to the vax

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Mom got it, and in a week went into Er, with AFIB. She’s getting an oblasion(sp?) done on her heart this week. 79 years old.

Interesting. I have Afib, two episodes per year on the average, 4-5 hours duration but always self-correcting. When I started my mRNA based immunotherapy in late January the episodes increased to a daily event. My cardiologist eventually put me on a med called Multaq which took three weeks to become effective, but it has stopped the Afib episodes for the last three months.

I know that the mRNA based vaccines have led to a modest number of inflammation issues resulting in arrhythmias in younger recipients. Maybe it isn't specific to just the vaccines, nor just younger patients, but other mRNA based treatments as well?

just_floatin

Reaction score
50ish gentleman in my business mastermind group got the vaccine a few months ago, then last week passed out in the supermarked and smashed his head up pretty bad. Doctors can't figure it out. He never had that happen before. Coincidence?

My cousins wife, 30ish, got the virus during winter and was in pretty bad shape and had to go to the hospital.

No easy choice.
Exactly what happen to my father who is in his early 80s. Pfizer vaccination, one month later gets up in the middle of the night to turn the fan switch down, next he is dizzy a tries to contortion his body near the wall but his legs were pointed in the opposite direction. Down he goes and “pop” goes his right femur bone.

Now there is no evidence this is a side effect of the vaccination, but sudden vertigo is a first for him. The common denominator of what changed in his health care is the vaccination. But again no evidence just suspicion.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Exactly what happen to my father who is in his early 80s. Pfizer vaccination, one month later gets up in the middle of the night to turn the fan switch down, next he is dizzy a tries to contortion his body near the wall but his legs were pointed in the opposite direction. Down he goes and “pop” goes his right femur bone.

Now there is no evidence this is a side effect of the vaccination, but sudden vertigo is a first for him. The common denominator of what changed in his health care is the vaccination. But again no evidence just suspicion.

Hmmm, you know I have had a couple of dizzy spells when I got up suddenly from laying down. I wonder if it's vax-related.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Interesting. I have Afib, two episodes per year on the average, 4-5 hours duration but always self-correcting. When I started my mRNA based immunotherapy in late January the episodes increased to a daily event. My cardiologist eventually put me on a med called Multaq which took three weeks to become effective, but it has stopped the Afib episodes for the last three months.

I know that the mRNA based vaccines have led to a modest number of inflammation issues resulting in arrhythmias in younger recipients. Maybe it isn't specific to just the vaccines, nor just younger patients, but other mRNA based treatments as well?

I have a tendency for Afib also but no episodes since 2010. I'm on Digoxin to regulate heart rhythm. No change since vax. I have a few skipped beats but have had that for years.

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
A coworkers friend got the vax. 30 year old guy in perfect health. Inside of a week he was playing golf and dropped dead on the course from a heart attack. They attribute this to the vax

My doc and I had a conversation about 2 months ago. We talked about the blood clot-related thing with the J&J vax. He told me that the blood clots they were having with some women were less % than in the general population. So who knows. The natural tendency I think is to blame a sudden health problem on a recent vaccine. Not sure that is a valid way to look at things. People have health issues that pop up all the time, even younger healthy people.

RCDave

Reaction score
My doc and I had a conversation about 2 months ago. We talked about the blood clot-related thing with the J&J vax. He told me that the blood clots they were having with some women were less % than in the general population. So who knows. The natural tendency I think is to blame a sudden health problem on a recent vaccine. Not sure that is a valid way to look at things. People have health issues that pop up all the time, even younger healthy people.
30 year old dropping dead from a heart attack? Pretty rare