WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid What were the expectations?

Justfishing

Reaction score
Ask yourself when we had the shut down what where the expectations?

What would happen if no one went to work? Ok only those that were really essential. Nurses, doctors janitors. Now what happens if thier car need service.

Go a step further. We have to have food. We have fRmers and ranchers. Can they just leave their animals and crops to die. Where do they get their supplies.

So now we see we have to take care of those that provide for the basics of life.

Now you are sheltered in your home but the furnace/ac goes. The heat will kill lots of people fast. More than covid will. So hvac guys are needed. Supply houses too. We need the units to be manufactured.

At home what about a roof, water heater, leAking plumbing etc.

We got people out working that are essential or estential to those that are esential. Now we need insurance, accountants etc.

Who isnt essential? The premise of current bs is that we sacrifice one group for another and everyone does nothing.

If you really think back to the beginning it was that so many would be so deathly ill that the hospitals would be over flowing. That people would be denied ventilators. They would be rationed. A scorecard would be used to determine who got a ventilator. Over 40, sorry buddy say good bye to your family your are going to die. Grandma and gramps dont even bother calling for an ambulance the hospital wont take you.
We wouldnt have enough doctors and nurses.

Look at where we are today. Hospitals are empty. Many people didnt get elective treatments or maybe didnt get necessary treatment (cancer screenings etc) that they may be worse off or die.

Now there are 2 things on the scorecard. Number that have covid and deaths. People that get covid and recover to me are just like anyone that gets the flu and recovers. for them to get it is not so bad.

Now for the deaths. We werent supposed to be able to stop all deaths. The lock downs gave us a chance to assess and prepare which i think we have done. The hospitals are not overwhelmed. We are learning from the hot spots. Its time to take what we learned and move forward, live life. Things hygine, crowding in big cities, that maybe hygine issues in meat packing etc.

Lastly tell china to pound sand. Memorial day and 4th of july are coming. All that made in china crap leave in the store. Find an American or home made thing to use for the holidays.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Lastly tell china to pound sand. Memorial day and 4th of july are coming. All that made in china crap leave in the store. Find an American or home made thing to
Go ahead. Find me some fireworks not made there! They invented the shit:D

rrrr

Reaction score
I was thinking earlier today about people like the guy that I hired to repair and upgrade our rental property. He's a one man show with an occasional helper, and I've been paying him cash. I doubt he runs his books correctly.

What's he been doing for money? His work has without a doubt collapsed. He can't get a loan or unemployment checks. He has three kids. The only help available is food stamps.

Coincidentally, around 8 PM I received a text from him, asking if I could loan him a couple thousand dollars for two months at 12% per month. I have the softest head in America. I always do stupid things like loan people money. But I'm reluctant to do so this time. I don't think he'll be able to pay me back in two years much less two months.

But dammit, it tears me up to know he's in a real jam, and that there are millions of hard working people just like him.

stevel

Reaction score
I was thinking earlier today about people like the guy that I hired to repair and upgrade our rental property. He's a one man show with an occasional helper, and I've been paying him cash. I doubt he runs his books correctly.

What's he been doing for money? His work has without a doubt collapsed. He can't get a loan or unemployment checks. He has three kids. The only help available is food stamps.

Coincidentally, around 8 PM I received a text from him, asking if I could loan him a couple thousand dollars for two months at 12% per month. I have the softest head in America. I always do stupid things like loan people money. But I'm reluctant to do so this time. I don't think he'll be able to pay me back in two years much less two months.

But dammit, it tears me up to know he's in a real jam, and that there are millions of hard working people just like him.
[/QUOTE
Where are you located? I have some rental property and i might be able to give him some work.

stevel

Reaction score
Where are you located? I might have some work for him.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

What would happen if no one went to work? Ok only those that were really essential. Nurses, doctors janitors. Now what happens if thier car need service.

Go a step further. We have to have food. We have fRmers and ranchers. Can they just leave their animals and crops to die. Where do they get their supplies.

So now we see we have to take care of those that provide for the basics of life.

Now you are sheltered in your home but the furnace/ac goes. The heat will kill lots of people fast. More than covid will. So hvac guys are needed. Supply houses too. We need the units to be manufactured.

We got people out working that are essential or estential to those that are esential. Now we need insurance, accountants etc.

Who isnt essential? The premise of current bs is that we sacrifice one group for another and everyone does nothing.

If you really think back to the beginning it was that so many would be so deathly ill that the hospitals would be over flowing. That people would be denied ventilators. They would be rationed. A scorecard would be used to determine who got a ventilator. Over 40, sorry buddy say good bye to your family your are going to die. Grandma and gramps dont even bother calling for an ambulance the hospital wont take you.

Look at where we are today. Hospitals are empty. Many people didnt get elective treatments or maybe didnt get necessary treatment (cancer screenings etc) that they may be worse off or die.

Now there are 2 things on the scorecard. Number that have covid and deaths. People that get covid and recover to me are just like anyone that gets the flu and recovers. for them to get it is not so bad.

Now for the deaths. We werent supposed to be able to stop all deaths. The lock downs gave us a chance to assess and prepare which i think we have done. The hospitals are not overwhelmed. We are learning from the hot spots. Its time to take what we learned and move forward, live life. Things hygine, crowding in big cities, that maybe hygine issues in meat packing etc.

Lastly tell china to pound sand. Memorial day and 4th of july are coming. All that made in china crap leave in the store. Find an American or home made thing to use for the holidays.
Well said 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Nice post 👍

jet496

Reaction score

We're helping a sister in law, even though she doesn't like it., an Alana Club for AA needs help with rent, friend has no money but needed a new AC, etc. This is the time to help.

If you plan on using the guy in the future, just plan on some trade work instead of cash. Same thing really & would help a family out in this Depression era situation. Just a thought.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Andy B.

Reaction score
One step closer to government controlling every aspect of your life congratulations demoshits!!!!!! Oh and ##$$^^##^%@$&^ Sisolack! 😁 Carry on blind sheep I hope someday you wake up......

DWC

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what i expected but definitely more than what’s happened. The early panic was off the charts. Retirement funds were disappearing. Rumors of full blown lock downs with National Guard everywhere were concerning. The first week i bought more groceries than I’ve ever done before or since. I’n back to buying for a few days at a time. Being safe as i can without going overboard.

The most shocking thing is how much power Mayors, Sheriffs and County Health idiots have gained. They can defy the constitution in the name of public safety. Tobacco, Alcohol and Junk food kills way more every year. Once the Vid is under control what will they waste their power on next.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Since early March I was pretty sure that Covid 19 was going to shut down the US economy and cause a recession. It wasn't hard to see it coming while following world news.

Now I'm even more concerned with the conditions being set for business to reopen here in California after two months of stay at home orders. There is no doubt that we are going to see a lot of permanent business and job loss continue across the board for the remainder of the year and possibly beyond. The recovery will be painfully slow IMO.

Big question is will all the stimulus cause hyper inflation or will all the business and job losses cause deflation. I'm just not sure as the government just keeps F'ing with all the financial markets.

Gave up business owner life six years ago for a paycheck and currently have no regrets. Still currently getting a paycheck as I'm considered an essential worker. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Backlash

Reaction score
It was predicted to be much worse than it really is. Now it seems like the dems are looking for the next two or three "Doom and Gloom" reasons to keep their control over the masses. First were the killer wasps, and now the second wave of CV-19. It's time to get people back to work and as stated elsewhere, BUY AMERICAN whenever possible!!!!

Justfishing

Reaction score
Using Made in China fireworks :eek:
Grucci bros and some other show presenters make thier own.

I try to limit what i buy that is chinese. If everyone did that you would have a great influence on the power of the chinese government.

If some of the jobs came back to the US that would be great. If other production went to countries more friendly to the US that would be good too.

Come Christmas time i will give more gift cards to restaurants in place of other gifts.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
We all know what's going on here. The politically incompetent House Democrats, Governors and lower level political hacks are in charge and they are drunk on the power, they see no risk to playing the Shut-Down game using the excuse of the pandemic and "saving lives"... "If I only help save 1 life it's all worth it" and most important...

Their hatred for our President eclipses any loyalty they have to this country and the people they are supposed to represent - their constituents. Their hatred for Trump is greater than anything else in their lives - greater than any damage China has done or is doing - their hatred of Trump is greater than any person or country.

Their beloved, sick, power-drunk leader, Nancy Pelosi, will not let the House go back to work (the Senate has been working!) as it gives her even greater power as she and her minions write bills that empower the Libtards and undermine our President.

The days of coming together especially at times of national crisis are over. We've already seen them derail our country for the past 3 years while they focused on impeaching the President on completely false charges. We saw what Obama and his crew did to Trump starting before he took office and the crimes they committed working through the corrupt FBI and their justice department as they lied about Trump and collusion. Flynn was in their way so they hammered him into submission as his legacy of serving this country was destroyed by their treasonous ambitions.

Their hatred for this President is greater than any issues they may (but don't) have with regard to our enemies like China and while they should be in DC doing their work to get America going again while investigating China's handling of the virus, their involvement in the WHO, their buying all PPE quietly before the virus was acknowledged and all the other havoc they are wreaking on the US and the rest of the world.

Until self-serving traitors like Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Chuck Shumer, etc. are out of office, this country is already sliding down the slippery slope taking Americans and the economy and jobs down with their anti-American partisan politics. The damage they are doing to this country is immense and only conservatives see it for what it is: Treason for their own gain.

And it could be far worse! Imagine if the walking dead Joe Biden is elected. Who will be pulling his puppet strings? Biden is clearly mentally not up to being President so the question everyone needs to ask is who will really be the President if he is elected?

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
The economy will open back up when the business owners unite and open their doors.... If one or 2 business open their doors, they will be labeled as rogue people with no regard for safety and be fined or taken to jail. We have already witnessed this. When all Americans remember their heritage and how we got here, Then and only then will we move past this "control" . I for 1 am growing tired of seeing my fellow man cower in fear of the boogy man .

There is no referee that's gonna tell you , hey you don't have to listen , or you don't have to do this or that. That decision needs to be made by each individual. once enough like minded individuals come together, then things start to change.... Remember folks , Its your duty and Birth right to Defend the Constitution of the United States.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

Maybe Gavin Newsome will co-sign.

Self made depression by the left. Trump must step up and tell everyone to get back to normal. Today.

rrrr

Reaction score
Maybe Gavin Newsome will co-sign.

Self made depression by the left. Trump must step up and tell everyone to get back to normal. Today.

I'm reading today's Dallas Morning News (which just copies and prints articles from the WaPost and NY Times), and the BS they offer is that Republicans and conservatives are only interested in restarting the economy and want to kill everyone, while the left and Democrats are properly insisting that everyone hide under the covers until they decide it's safe to go outdoors.

The other thing the left is pushing for is releasing criminals from prison.

House Democrats, Newsom, Cuomo, Pritzker, and others see the pandemic as the vehicle to implement vast changes in governance. The recent push by Pelosi and her minions to give every person, including illegals, $2,000 a month until December 31, 2020, is a perfect example of this.

The left is intent on turning the US government into an ATM. While I continue to support the idea of helping those who have, through no fault of their own, lost the ability to engage in the ongoing economic horror story, I will not support the wholesale dismemberment of the nation's economic backbone.