WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CP Performance Plan ahead.

bocco

Reaction score
Last Thursday (3-11) I ordered a Livorsi fuel sending unit from CP Performance hoping to install it this weekend. According to Google maps they are 100 miles north of me. I paid to upgrade the shipping. How long can it take? So first they wait until Monday to ship and it's shipped out of Palatine, IL which turns out to be just little south of where Livorsi is located. UPS tracker says 3-19 so I figure I'm still good. Then we have a weather delay. By early yesterday morning it's in San Pablo, CA which is just about half way between my house and CP Perfomance. By last night it has made it to Oakland CA which is only 35 miles away and also on the way to CP. This morning it's 17 miles away in San Ramon, CA and the UPS tracker shows arriving on Monday.

Am I just spoiled by Amazon? I know Summit would have delivered by now.

Lesson learned, I should have bought this one: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/moe-035769-10.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Summit is awesome. Very quick delivery and they carry more parts than you would think. I remember when I restored my 69 Camaro they carried all the parts, and back then, you didn’t pay sales tax.

HitIt

Reaction score
Smaller businesses drop ship. Too expensive to stock everything. Larger businesses like Summit warehouse a lot more goods due to the vulome of sales.

Sometimes a quick phone call will help sort this stuff out before you order.

We are all spoiled by Amazon.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
It all depends on what your ordering from cp. they do stock a lot of things but obviously can’t stock every item.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Last Thursday (3-11) I ordered a Livorsi fuel sending unit from CP Performance hoping to install it this weekend. According to Google maps they are 100 miles north of me. I paid to upgrade the shipping. How long can it take? So first they wait until Monday to ship and it's shipped out of Palatine, IL which turns out to be just little south of where Livorsi is located. UPS tracker says 3-19 so I figure I'm still good. Then we have a weather delay. By early yesterday morning it's in San Pablo, CA which is just about half way between my house and CP Perfomance. By last night it has made it to Oakland CA which is only 35 miles away and also on the way to CP. This morning it's 17 miles away in San Ramon, CA and the UPS tracker shows arriving on Monday.

Lesson learned, I should have bought this one: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/moe-035769-10.
Similar but different. Plan ahead for delays. I was planning to be on the water next Tuesday for a shakedown run.

I ordered a set of Eddie Marine (R.I.P. good sir) exhaust tips to replace the identical tips on my boat but one threw a reversion flap, time for new ones. The new ones arrived literally 2 days after purchasing. They are located 50 miles from me, close. Complacent me I ordered the wrong inlet size, so I arrange for an exchange and plan to drive out there for the exchange. Apparently my spec tips must be a custom order. I pick em up late next week 10 days after ordering. Oh well my fault, but at least I'll have nice shinny tips for this summer 😎😎

PXL_20210313_193848280.jpg

Last edited:

stevesdcb

Reaction score

Ordered from Summit yesterday, part is en route to be delivered today.

shunter2005

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with CC Performance, but they are notorious for having to drop ship items (as do many other marine places online). They never stock big ticket items. They sell IMCO parts, but everything drop ships direct from IMCO. You may save a few bucks, but most times it's just easier to go directly to the source instead of the middleman. They talked to me one time about selling my product on their website. After listening to them, I decided that I did not want to go that route. They make the sale online, forward it to me, I have to prepare and ship it out AND they get a cut of the deal. Great for them, but not so much for me. True, they would give me a lot more exposure, but I would be doing all the work and making less money.