WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Craigslist be like- "deathproof, and it shreds" Duramax K5 Blazer

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
....Mine isn’t worth $85,000 probably worth closer to the $500 I paid for it...
9A7080D7-A6D4-41BF-8839-B29E9AA8B090.jpeg

Deckin Around

Reaction score
....Mine isn’t worth $85,000 probably worth closer to the $500 I paid for it... View attachment 894344
Seems about right. Just add $100K to build one:
25k for the Axles (Currie 70's), 30K+ in suspension/fabrication/steering,cage/fuel cell etc, $12k on electrical/dash/gauges/radios/plumbing fuel & brakes/, $4k wheels/tires, $3k seats & Harnesses, $20k for a used duramax/allison drivetrain all installed with accessories new radiator, AC, driveshafts etc etc.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I've always wanted to build a pre-smog full convertable K5 with a Duramax/Allison. I want this bad, just not $85k bad.....

$85k really doesn't seem too bad for it with everything done to it. And it looks like its done fairly well from the little bit that is visible in the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bonesfab

Reaction score
Hell I would be that deep in mine if I was paying labor on it. Pretty Bad ass toy. Would like to see more detailed pics of it.

Cdog

Reaction score
I've always wanted one.....Ya never know.....But at 43 I'm looking simplify my life lol.

Guys always put a bunch of money into the early K5's and have a hard time getting it out from what I've seen.

Sherpa

Reaction score
what a pile. no pics of the frame work and whatnot.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Pretty cool truck. Yea it needs to be finished, but has good bones. Not 80k, but has a ton of potential

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I just can't place when that style of hood scoop was in fashion. Something Homer Simpson dreamed up.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
That's pretty cool, but I'd rather have something that's closer to original with a small lift on it and bigger tires. Always wanted one as well.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Good buddy of mine just finished building a 69. Was a lot more work than he imagined but it turned out pretty bad ass. Now lets just see if he wants to beat it up on the trails with us 😁 View attachment 894426 View attachment 894427

This is similar to what I'm building now

Full ORD 4 link front and rear with the king 2.5s. Crossteer, custom steering box, their sway bar etc

Then the 8pt cage, suspensions seats, harnesses, electronics and and and.... yea...it gets out of control kinda quick lol

DO you have any pics of the rear floor showing the new shock towers? curious how he set his up.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score

Full ORD 4 link front and rear with the king 2.5s. Crossteer, custom steering box, their sway bar etc

Then the 8pt cage, suspensions seats, harnesses, electronics and and and.... yea...it gets out of control kinda quick lol

DO you have any pics of the rear floor showing the new shock towers? curious how he set his up.
Yes it does snowball, it was supposed to be ready for our new years trip and he just finished last week. Lots of trial and error. This is the only other pic i have right now if it helps. I can snap some more this week.
Brian 8.jpg

WildWilly

Reaction score
ok interesting. different way of setting it up. Mine are coming up through the floor on a new fabiracted tower. for now we are removing the rear seat and beacuse I'm moving the fronts back a few inches and doing a similar cross brace to the cage and for the harnesses to attach, i'm thinking I won' thave any secondary seating so I was curious

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Im hoping you are re-enforcing the frame rail for the steering box. The rails crack all the time there. Even just with the original suspension and tire size. Saw it all the time when I was working at GM Truck Center.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Im hoping you are re-enforcing the frame rail for the steering box. The rails crack all the time there. Even just with the original suspension and tire size. Saw it all the time when I was working at GM Truck Center.

thanks for mentioning that, as you say most don't know and its common. We upgraded to a custom aftermarket box and will be reinforcing it heavily