WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crash on London Bridge!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Can you post the video for those of us who aren’t Facebookers?

not sure what time this happened but seems awful lucky that there weren’t more people walking on the bridge and nobody got run over, or at least I hope not.
Not sure how to transfer it. I saw it on Stacy's page, maybe @RiverDiva can post it up?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Do they still have enough of the original bridge left over to make new balusters.
There are blocks of it all around town as decor. Wheeler Park(roundy round by Kmart) center divider in other areas, even along the island bike path you'll see planted bridge stones.
Last time bridge got smacked 4-5+ years ago I saw an article about the city having a warehouse full of blocks.....not sure about balusters though.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
There are blocks of it all around town as decor. Wheeler Park(roundy round by Kmart) center divider in other areas, even along the island bike path you'll see planted bridge stones.
Last time bridge got smacked 4-5+ years ago I saw an article about the city having a warehouse full of blocks.....not sure about balusters though.
They may have some i believe the bridge originally had 2 more arches.

Havasteve

Reaction score
From what ive heard over the years is some iron from one of the world wars was used in creating those pillars.
That is why repairs take so long. You can just match the color and texture real easy.
Since its historical it needs to be perfect

Flo at progessive will shit when she finds out her customer tried to jump off a piece of history
The lamp posts on the bridge are made from melted down Neapolitan cannons.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Has your family ever been involved in a car accident with a DRUNK!!!!!??????? Mine (I) have and lost a family member. I was being nice with the life sentence. My mind say's he should be hung on the bridge for ALL to see!!!

sorry for your loss.. but executing people and life sentence for drinking and driving? Seems a bit insane

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
sorry for your loss.. but executing people and life sentence for drinking and driving? Seems a bit insane
God forbid it ever happens to you but you will think differently if it happens to your family. It's something that could be avoided entirely if one had more control of themselves and a sense of responsibility which is lacking in this day and age. Nothing like a head-on at 40 mph to dim the wonderful night out. Hope you don't go through it.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

Yet you advocate the hanging of thieves? 😕

"I'd be on board for that... hang em high, hang em public.

RD"

CLdrinker

Reaction score
God forbid it ever happens to you but you will think differently if it happens to your family. It's something that could be avoided entirely if one had more control of themselves and a sense of responsibility which is lacking in this day and age. Nothing like a head-on at 40 mph to dim the wonderful night out. Hope you don't go through it.
Coming from a guy that has had a DUI I think there should be specific levels of punishment determined by how bad you blow.

I was .081 so I was over .001.

Between fine, lawyer fees, insurance, classes and loss of company vehicle it cost me close to $25,000.

But death for 3 beers is a bit excessive. But would be on point for some people

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Coming from a guy that has had a DUI I think there should be specific levels of punishment determined by how bad you blow.

Between fine, lawyer fees, insurance, classes and loss of company vehicle it cost me close to $25,000.

The whole thing is a non starter anyway. We don't even kill people for killing other people anymore. There is too much money to be made off of DUI's for them to be "cancelled" anyway.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I would assume "Napoleonic" cannons were used for light standards?

As for deaths for DUI...pricks can kill children and live on death row...and even I wouldn't kill off first time offenders. Second time...shoulda learned.

Dana757

Reaction score
It would end DUIs though.

It sure would. China doesn't have a drug smuggling problem like the US does. This is what you see at the airport.

8F694D0A-63A4-4196-BAA2-4538E5C6B5FF.jpeg

boatdoc55

Reaction score
I would assume "Napoleonic" cannons were used for light standards?

As for deaths for DUI...pricks can kill children and live on death row...and even I wouldn't kill off first time offenders. Second time...shoulda learned.
How about a 4th!!! Ya, a 4th DUI!! I have NO compassion for DRUNK drivers and never will. It was almost 40 years ago and it seems like last night. I can see EVERY detail in my mind.

boatdoc55

Reaction score

So $25K is your price for a life!!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So $25K is your price for a life!!

Do you realize what .001 is? Your an idiot.

99% of everyone on this forum have operated a boat at .081 lol. We would all be dead if you had your way.

That’s why I said low level blood alcohol people should pay a hefty fee as I did and I deserved.

Guy with higher levels should have heavier and severe consequences.

But like people said, people commit murder and don’t get the death penalty. A 9mm is .19cents so that’s my price for a life.

Nerd.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
The whole thing is a non starter anyway. We don't even kill people for killing other people anymore. There is too much money to be made off of DUI's for them to be "cancelled" anyway.

WELL, actually we do or going to soon. The Federal Death Penalty is going to be revived next Month. :cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yet you advocate the hanging of thieves? 😕

"I'd be on board for that... hang em high, hang em public.

RD"

strangely I do..

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Do you realize what .001 is? Your an idiot.

99% of everyone on this forum have operated a boat at .081 lol. We would all be dead if you had your way.

That’s why I said low level blood alcohol people should pay a hefty fee as I did and I deserved.

Guy with higher levels should have heavier and severe consequences.

But like people said, people commit murder and don’t get the death penalty. A 9mm is .19cents so that’s my price for a life.

Nerd.
Hey Bud Light drinker, How would your little one in your avatar feel if HIS mom was gone in the blink of an eye?????

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hey Bud Light drinker, How would your little one in your avatar feel if HIS mom was gone in the blink of an eye?????

I’d feels sad but I don’t think I’d attribute that to alcohol in the case of someone rolling that BAC..

Irrational much?

Reactions: DWC

Havasteve

Reaction score
Just ignore the tard...

Back to the bridge brodozer issue..

As I understand it the city has concrete molds for the railing and post items. If you look you can see the difference between column material.

The blocks you see around town are the core of the blocks. When the bridge was decommissioned it was returned to the original local quarry mill where the face was cut away from the outer surface of the block. What we have today is 5 to 8” of cladding over concrete and steel. It’s hollow now.

Don‘t fail to notice the cannon ball pock marks on the south face.

But most don’t know the story behind the lamps that were shipped along with the blocks as part of the deal. The lamps were emplaced on the bridge in 1831. They were made from the melted-down cannons of Napoleon Bonaparte’s defeated army.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
As I understand it the city has concrete molds for the railing and post items. If you look you can see the difference between column material.

The blocks you see around town are the core of the blocks. When the bridge was decommissioned it was returned to the original local quarry mill where the face was cut away from the outer surface of the block. What we have today is 5 to 8” of cladding over concrete and steel. It’s hollow now.

But most don’t know the story behind the lamps that were shipped along with the blocks as part of the deal. The lamps were emplaced on the bridge in 1831. They were made from the melted-down cannons of Napoleon Bonaparte’s defeated army.
Also. If you go up the steps next to Javalinas you will see the initials of a soldier that was visiting England after the war.

I have also heard the stories about the lamps being old cannons.

Last edited:

Havasteve

Reaction score
Also. If you go up the steps next to Javalinas you will see the initials of a soldier that was visiting England after the war.
[/QUOTE
Which sucks because the world would be a better place if we did

As you surely know they don’t teach this in school anymore but the USA literally saved the world from communism back in the 40’s. Our mistake was to leave any of them alive. We should have wiped them off the face of the earth. Now we have them running our worst cities.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Just ignore the tard...

Back to the bridge brodozer issue..

I HOPE that wasn't pointed at me???? TARD?????

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
So he started tearing down an iconic bridge; so what? CNN is bound to find out a member of the Mcculloch family bought Aunt Jemima syrup at one time and we will all see these horrific racist ties to this terrible bridge. Hell, let's not even take that chance! Bring it down I say! God damn racist bridge. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As you surely know they don’t teach this in school anymore but the USA literally saved the world from communism back in the 40’s. Our mistake was to leave any of them alive. We should have wiped them off the face of the earth. Now we have them running our worst cities.

Well that isn’t entirely true.. Helped save the world from Fascism yes. The Russians played a huge part in stopping the AXIS and ultimately paid a higher price (even if a lot of their casualties were at their own hands)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So as chance would have it I literally just talked to the guy the driving driver hit before he hit the bridge.

He and his friend in this green car had just left Azul Agave and we’re heading to the island to cruise and maybe hit a little dirt.

The guy in the truck swerved at the green car and then pulled back into his lane.

E6447785-5D9B-4DB5-93B4-2005D4694927.jpeg

Then the guy in this car was behind him and the drunk in the truck swerved at him, he went right and the drunk hit his rear tire and ripped it off

343E8914-4138-47D9-83A6-4421BC4579C6.jpeg
470A1ACB-9FC3-4A3D-B459-D644431CDE95.jpeg

Before hitting the bridge.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The drunk guy is lucky they weren’t in their big trucks.. lol. Pretty real deal lookin bumper on the green rig

44831469-E428-4667-8415-D960568960BF.jpeg
4F64E617-44C9-4E1C-AC0C-78A2EEE293CF.jpeg

and the rug carrying the car that was hit
D4CB86DE-36CC-4997-9460-B691C35410C1.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
So as chance would have it I literally just talked to the guy the driving driver hit before he hit the bridge.

He and his friend in this green car had just left Azul Agave and we’re heading to the island to cruise and maybe hit a little dirt.

The guy in the truck swerved at the green car and then pulled back into his lane.

Then the guy in this car was behind him and the drunk in the truck swerved at him, he went right and the drunk hit his rear tire and ripped it off

Before hitting the bridge.

The way it reads tends to hint at a case of road rage directed at these two Maverick owners, or just perhaps just looking to play an intimidation game with any SXS and obviously lost ?? Or just shitfaced ??

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The way it reads tends to hint at a case of road rage directed at these two Maverick owners, or just perhaps just looking to play an intimidation game with any SXS and obviously lost ?? Or just shitfaced ??
I'm leaning towards "shitfaced".