WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crazy 2020, I guess I’m a Ford guy now

Cdog

Reaction score
Can’t say I’m not open minded and objective. Lol! After talking shit about this brand in general for the better part of 30 years I have finally poured myself a pint of the most expensive blue kool aid I’d imagine. But I have to say this 2021 F350 Platinum is light years ahead of the Denali in looks, design, features and power. Praying I got a good one. Probably gonna get the Ford 100k warranty just in case.

Dark tint on Monday.

I already have a set of Method 305 Nv’s on order, blacked out fender emblems, black painted mirror caps, Black Ford grill logo ,
Tremor valance & Tremor wheel flares in bound.

Wu Flu has made it tough to get some parts but have plans to do a Carli 3.5/2.5 Commuter on 37’s, S&B 60 gallon fuel tank & a air system/bags/tank/on board air/train horns.

D6E6B383-4222-4066-AF82-1E307BAD611B.jpeg

50CD0B0D-E295-4901-8447-467C8DAED398.jpeg

5EC59AB9-E63B-4377-A9A1-189731437242.jpeg

01B02AB0-D9B0-4965-99CE-DEFFB194D495.jpeg

539CE180-ED43-4B15-A073-71091064A3DC.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Can’t say I’m not open minded and objective. Lol! After talking shit about this brand in general for the better part of 30 years I have finally poured myself a pint of the most expensive blue kool aid I’d imagine. But I have to say this 2021 F350 Platinum is light years ahead of the Denali in looks, design, features and power. Praying I got a good one. Probably gonna get the Ford 100k warranty just in case.

Dark tint on Monday.

I already have a set of Method 305 Nv’s on order, blacked out fender emblems, black painted mirror caps, Black Ford grill logo ,
Tremor valance & Tremor wheel flares in bound.

Wu Flu has made it tough to get some parts but have plans to do a Carli 3.5/2.5 Commuter on 37’s, S&B 60 gallon fuel tank & a air system/bags/tank/on board air/train horns.

View attachment 951226

View attachment 951227
View attachment 951228
View attachment 951230
View attachment 951229

Welcome. Sad state of affairs that GM pushed us here.. but I do like the truck a lot!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Nice Truck! I went from 4 Fords to having 4 Chevys currently. Was debating a Raptor or new F350 but hard to go back after the way Ford treated me. The new Chevys just don't do much for me though.

JD D05

Reaction score
Sweet truck. That Carli kit will be 6 months out. I did find one in stock at a random shop this week.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I get my extend warranty from Lombardy Ford best price around. I usually wait till before the new warranty is up. If you do that there is no inspection.

Keep us posted on the 10 speed. The f-150’s work pretty good.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Call CJC http://www.cjcoffroad.com/Default.asp
And inquire about the Carli stuff if you are having a hard time finding it. They are the number one installer/distributer for their stuff. Great guys.

I ordered my 3.25 pintop kit for my Ram from them on July 28th. They just called today and said they should have all the parts next week on Thursday or Friday. Hopefully the commuter kit won't be as long

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
They (Carli) have been slammed for months if not a year or more. The big hang up is the shocks are taking a long time to produce (Fox/King). I politely called them once I ordered my kit a few times in a couple weeks and they got it to me in about three weeks. Definitely worth the wait for sure.

I ordered my 3.25 pintop kit for my Ram from them on July 28th. They just called today and said they should have all the parts next week on Thursday or Friday. Hopefully the commuter kit won't be as long

Roaddawg

Reaction score
They (Carli) have been slammed for months if not a year or more. The big hang up is the shocks are taking a long time to produce (Fox/King). I politely called them once I ordered my kit a few times in a couple weeks and they got it to me in about three weeks. Definitely worth the wait for sure.

Yea I think the hold up was the King shocks and the radius arms. Now I gotta find someone to install the stuff since CJC is out until May of 21 on installs

Bobo57

Reaction score
So what’s better on that truck then the Denali ?

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Honestly if you have some of the basic tools required and a good jack and jack stands it’s pretty easy to do it yourself. I did mine in about 4 hours (solo). The only “special” tools required were a couple wrenches big enough to torque the jam nut on the pan hard bar to spec.

Yea I think the hold up was the King shocks and the radius arms. Now I gotta find someone to install the stuff since CJC is out until May of 21 on installs

Cdog

Reaction score
I get my extend warranty from Lombardy Ford best price around. I usually wait till before the new warranty is up. If you do that there is no inspection.

Keep us posted on the 10 speed. The f-150’s work pretty good.

Awesome so far!! Delivered with 11 miles. Have 80 miles on it now.

Cdog

Reaction score
Honestly if you have some of the basic tools required and a good jack and jack stands it’s pretty easy to do it yourself. I did mine in about 4 hours (solo). The only “special” tools required were a couple wrenches big enough to torque the jam nut on the pan hard bar to spec.

I was planning on doing the install myself anyway. I just need the parts

Cdog

Reaction score
So what’s better on that truck then the Denali ?

for me the starter was the power & 2020 upgrades Ford did to the power stroke. I have towed with my buds 2015 250 and it’s a beast.

Then them mirrors on the Denali. I just can’t...

the manual/disappointingly small sun roof on a 75k Denali....

the 2010 interior & brown fake wood in a black interior...

reflector lights on the wheel flares

the GM trucks have strange lines from the cab to the front end. Almost like it dips at the cowl then rises over the hood to the front end.The longer I look at it the less I like it.

It’s a shame really. I buy where quality meets value and Ford has an edge for the time being

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Nice Truck congratulations!

IMG_7697.jpg

I just did the opposite.... I felt dodge had the nicest interiors of the bunch, Ford and GM were very comparable in that aspect. The HUD and ride quality in the GM is superior in my opinion. So combine that with the Proven Duramax/Alison platform it was my reasoning for staying with GM . I think the looks will grow on people.

Not to start a war with anyone but to put a full panoramic “glass” roof in a truck that that has a curb weight of 8k and is capable of pulling the weight these trucks can seems like manufacturers negligence. Shit happens and in the event of an accident last thing I’d want to protect me is a glass roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdog

Reaction score
Nice Truck congratulations!

View attachment 951250
I just did the opposite.... I felt dodge had the nicest interiors of the bunch, Ford and GM were very comparable in that aspect. The HUD and ride quality in the GM is superior in my opinion. So combine that with the Proven Duramax/Alison platform it was my reasoning for staying with GM . I think the looks will grow on people.

Not to start a war with anyone but to put a full panoramic “glass” roof in a truck that that has a curb weight of 8k and is capable of pulling the weight these trucks can seems like manufacturers negligence. Shit happens and in the event of an accident last thing I’d want to protect me is a glass roof.

I respect that. It’s just not for me I guess.

do you see the rise in the hood from the side profile?

that’s one thing I definitely like about the Ford. It has more of a euro front hood profile where the hood doesn’t block the view of the front of the truck from the drivers position

MeCasa16

Reaction score
for me the starter was the power & 2020 upgrades Ford did to the power stroke. I have towed with my buds 2015 250 and it’s a beast.

Then them mirrors on the Denali. I just can’t...

the manual/disappointingly small sun roof on a 75k Denali....

the 2010 interior & brown fake wood in a black interior...

reflector lights on the wheel flares

the GM trucks have strange lines from the cab to the front end. Almost like it dips at the cowl then rises over the hood to the front end.The longer I look at it the less I like it.

It’s a shame really. I buy where quality meets value and Ford has an edge for the time being

Your truck is beautiful. Congrats.

I went from a 2020 Raptor to a 2021 Denali 2500.

The mirrors don't really bother me. Electric extending tow mirrors are nice though.

The sunroof is much smaller, but from the drivers seat, you cant even see any of that huge panorama.

The interior needs an update for sure. The seats are stiff as hell for a Denali. Definitely my biggest complaint.

I also hate those lights. And the weird plastic fender flares that don't even flare they put those lights in.

I didn't think I liked the lines of the GMC at first, but now I like them the best.

The stereo, and technology suite in the GMC is much better than the Ford. I had hoped when Ford switched to B&O from Sony that things would improve, but apparently Ford gave B&O the same price point to work with and just decided to upgrade the brand. The Bose in the GMC is much better. The camera system and the HUD are way ahead on the GMC as well. Huge improvement with so many more camera angles and options. I understand that looking in the mirror has worked for 75 years, but once you get used to the cameras, there is no going back. THe HUD is also pretty awesome. I really enjoy that. Ford is long overdue for a technology update.

My last thing is the ride quality. I thought GMC had the best ride.

IMG_7068.JPG

The old one, the new one, and the Mrs.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
It’s a hard thing to do, move to a brand you bagged on for most of your life. I bought an f150 two years ago just because it didn’t like the looks of the GMs. For a short time I thought I was chemically unbalanced. In the back of my mind I still tell myself it’s just short term. But I do like the truck.

Cdog

Reaction score
It definitely drives different than my 06 LBZ. The ride quality is better in the Ford but that's not a fair comparison. The ford wanders more but that could be the tires at this point.

Cdog

Reaction score

The mirrors don't really bother me. Electric extending tow mirrors are nice though.

The sunroof is much smaller, but from the drivers seat, you cant even see any of that huge panorama.

The interior needs an update for sure. The seats are stiff as hell for a Denali. Definitely my biggest complaint.

I also hate those lights. And the weird plastic fender flares that don't even flare they put those lights in.

I didn't think I liked the lines of the GMC at first, but now I like them the best.

The stereo, and technology suite in the GMC is much better than the Ford. I had hoped when Ford switched to B&O from Sony that things would improve, but apparently Ford gave B&O the same price point to work with and just decided to upgrade the brand. The Bose in the GMC is much better. The camera system and the HUD are way ahead on the GMC as well. Huge improvement with so many more camera angles and options. I understand that looking in the mirror has worked for 75 years, but once you get used to the cameras, there is no going back. THe HUD is also pretty awesome. I really enjoy that. Ford is long overdue for a technology update.

View attachment 951275

That reminds me...Another disappointment on the Denali was they didn't have retractable steps. I read they made it an option on the 2021 though. Looks like you have a 2021 with the step?

I hope to hear your truck treats you well. I have a personal friend who had a lot of issues with his 20 back east and read a lot of mystery leaking and Transmission issues from others online/FB groups. Sort of why I dont buy the 1st year of production on anything.

Neither of these trucks have a trans dip stick. WTF is that?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
That reminds me...Another disappointment on the Denali was they didn't have retractable steps. I read they made it an option on the 2021 though. Looks like you have a 2021 with the step?

I hope to hear your truck treats you well. I have a personal friend who had a lot of issues with his 20 back east and read a lot of mystery leaking and Transmission issues from others online/FB groups. Sort of why I dont buy the 1st year of production on anything.

Neither of these trucks have a trans dip stick. WTF is that?

The retractable step was a big one for me as well. They do have it in the 2021.The LED lights on it are pretty sweet too. We got the 100k mile warranty, just in case it does have issues.

A5BF937C-5E21-4378-ADB7-5572B4585532.png

Runs2rch

Reaction score
It definitely drives different than my 06 LBZ. The ride quality is better in the Ford but that's not a fair comparison. The ford wanders more but that could be the tires at this point.
LBZ for sale?

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score

View attachment 951275

I bought mine from across the street [emoji23]

MeCasa16

Reaction score
One other thing I forgot on the GMC is the multi use tailgate. It’s a much more useful step than the one I had on my Ford. I really like it. You do need a specific hitch to be able to use it white the hitch is in. A shop here in town had it in stock.

1607786671948.jpeg
1607786671948.jpeg

Cdog

Reaction score
One other thing I forgot on the GMC is the multi use tailgate. It’s a much more useful step than the one I had on my Ford. I really like it. You do need a specific hitch to be able to use it white the hitch is in. A shop here in town had it in stock.

View attachment 951282 View attachment 951282

So what’s the deal on these new style larger receivers? Mine are all the older 2 inch I think.
I’d like to stick to steel.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Watch the CJC YouTube videos:
They own a Ford and a Ram and give very objective reviews on the pros/cons of both.

My buddy went from a 17’ F250 to a 20’ F250 and said easily gets 5-8 more mpg with the 10 speed auto.

I’m hoping the 10 speed is as reliable as the former six speeds have been.

I’m still pissed at Ford and will probably go Ram from David Smith in Idaho next year. After snapping a front axle on my 06’ LBZ, I’ll never buy an IFS full size truck again.

4Waters

Reaction score
So what’s the deal on these new style larger receivers? Mine are all the older 2 inch I think.
They had to increase the size due to increased tow ratings, the 8 lug bolt pattern is bigger as well. You can get a reducer from Reese, they have them at all the auto parts stores, just have year, make and model ready and whether it has A/C or not🤣🤣

81sMnWrmDwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

MeCasa16

Reaction score
They had to increase the size due to increased tow ratings, the 8 lug bolt pattern is bigger as well. You can get a reducer from Reese, they have them at all the auto parts stores, just have year, make and model ready and whether it has A/C or not🤣🤣

View attachment 951285
That’s exactly it. The tow capacity is so much higher with new trucks. I tried the sleeve 1 time and then immediately went and bought the B&W stow and go for the GMC.

westair

Reaction score
Very nice!! ..... I haven't bought a Ford since my 2004 Excursion 6.0, until last week .... got a 2021 F250, so far lovin it but it still only has a 100 miles on it.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
They own a Ford and a Ram and give very objective reviews on the pros/cons of both.

My buddy went from a 17’ F250 to a 20’ F250 and said easily gets 5-8 more mpg with the 10 speed auto.

I’m still pissed at Ford and will probably go Ram from David Smith in Idaho next year. After snapping a front axle on my 06’ LBZ, I’ll never buy an IFS full size truck again.

That’s impressive to Snap a front CV. I broke a drive line pulling someone out in the sand but that was self inflicted and probably alcohol induced. After that I put a set of caltracs on and never had a problem. I also carried a front CV in the bed tool box.

MeCasa16

Reaction score

How did that even happen? I definitely don’t drive my trucks like you. Mine is more of a garage queen.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
How did that even happen? I definitely don’t drive my trucks like you. Mine is more of a garage queen.
Glamis :
Buddy was stuck with his F250/toy hauler, I had to tow him 20’ (his truck pulling too). Tried to turn slightly at end and “pop”! Like a dislocated shoulder, right front drive axle popped out. Was able to take it off and drive in 2wd. Solid axle would never do that and I’ve done same action in my F350 several times (pulling, turn in 4WD), with no issues.