WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crazy car jacking in Nevada

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Holee Fuk!! Amazing no one was hit, and that Boris is OK. Wow!

Flat freak

Reaction score
Glad to see nobody seriously hurt. It does bum me out to see the cops having to try & stop that POS with pistols. A couple long guns with experience’d operators would most likely have changed the outcome.

2Driver

Reaction score
Can you expect to have any accuracy firing through a windshield?

I wasn’t there and maybe soft dept rules mandate procedures, but I think I saw a couple places where they basically gave the guy a path to continue.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I was't there and maybe soft dept rules mandate procedures, but I think I saw a couple places where they basically gave the guy a path to continue.

Not to mention the loss of hearing.
Anyone who’s popped one off inside anywhere can attest to that.
I can’t imagine 4-5 shots inside a car.

Riverryder

Reaction score
this is the second time in recent years lvmpd has shot thru the window during a police chase and getting fired at.
last time they did it there was alot of videos that people made to break down how the bullet goes thru the window.

last one happened in 2018 quick google search itll come up

2Driver

Reaction score
Surprised it was pretty accurate. Glass dust goes everywhere.

DLC

Reaction score
Such a shame that dirt bag survived! He needed to be put down! People like have have no place in society He could have killed anyone walking out if a store or stopped at a light.

Boris is a cool name for a Dog ! Glad he’s good to go

Runs2rch

Reaction score
If they had emptied a mag or 2 into the dude people would be whining it was too much force.. because he’s alive they didn’t use enough force.
The right combo is just enough force to put the perp down, without being excessive. 16-20 rounds is a good number. As soon as you get past 20 its excessive.

Like beer drinking. 16-20 beers is fine. You get past 20 and you're a drunk! Hahaha.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
The right combo is just enough force to put the perp down, without being excessive. 16-20 rounds is a good number. As soon as you get past 20 its excessive.

Like beer drinking. 16-20 beers is fine. You get past 20 and you're a drunk! Hahaha.
There is no magic number of rounds. I do like the beer comparison though.

Shooting through the window at a car in front of you is not the best tactic, to say the least. It might be a tactic or the only way in some instance.

The attempt at the PIT maneuver was really bad. They can be difficult as its a precision maneuver but they were not even close.

MK1MOD0 - I know and respect your level of training and I agree generally with what you posted. Cops just don't get the level of training that you received and unfortunately, most don't get additional training outside their agencies. Police shootings are about a 30% hit ratio and cops are almost always reacting to the bad guy.

I don't know how much time they had in that mall parking lot but many of the patrol cars were parked with cops standing outside with pistols. I would like to have seen a few guys or at least one with a rifle.

Fortunately no cops or innocent folks were injured.

Reactions: dmh

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
There is no magic number of rounds. I do like the beer comparison though.

Shooting through the window at a car in front of you is not the best tactic, to say the least. It might be a tactic or the only way in some instance.

The attempt at the PIT maneuver was really bad. They can be difficult as its a precision maneuver but they were not even close.

MK1MOD0 - I know and respect your level of training and I agree generally with what you posted. Cops just don't get the level of training that you received and unfortunately, most don't get additional training outside their agencies. Police shootings are about a 30% hit ratio and cops are almost always reacting to the bad guy.

I don't know how much time they had in that mall parking lot but many of the patrol cars were parked with cops standing outside with pistols. I would like to have seen a few guys or at least one with a rifle.

Fortunately no cops or innocent folks were injured.

Sorry if I came off like I was bagging on these guys. That certainly wasn’t the intention. That’s a tuff job and a tuff situation to be in . Heart pumping and adrenaline flowing.and civilians all over the place. Just pointing out how important live fire training is. There is no substitute for rounds down range in the most realistic scenarios possible ! In the end, no civilian was killed. That says a lot.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

My ears are ringing Just thinking about it..

Backlash

Reaction score
Amazing job for the K-9 officer to sacrifice himself like that for the safety of the community. Outfuckingstanding!!! That dude is probably the only reason nobody else was seriously injured. Incredible!! Had that pursuit gone on much longer, the outcome may have been different.

rrrr

Reaction score
No officer or civilian casualties, a good outcome. Yesterday a Miami-Dade officer died from injuries received in a shootout with a robbery suspect on Tuesday. He killed the shooter. Rest easy, sir.

That shitbag will be behind bars a long time.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
I didn’t take it like you were being hyper critical. It definitely is important to get live fire training and its just as important to debrief an incident and learn from it. You need to be able look at yourself and figure out what worked and what didn’t work.

The reality of what I saw in that video is that there is many things they can learn from. For one- Did anyone deploy a rifle when the bad guy was in that big parking lot? Better chance of ending that mess with a couple well placed rifle rounds.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I didn’t take it like you were being hyper critical. It definitely is important to get live fire training and its just as important to debrief an incident and learn from it. You need to be able look at yourself and figure out what worked and what didn’t work.

The reality of what I saw in that video is that there is many things they can learn from. For one- Did anyone deploy a rifle when the bad guy was in that big parking lot? Better chance of ending that mess with a couple well placed rifle rounds.
Do they not carry shot guns anymore?
Seems like it would have been the best tool for the job at the range that video appeared to be.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Semi auto shotguns are absolutely devastating under 100 yards. A Benelli with a red dot with slugs will stop a problem RIGHT NOW. One of the best close in weapons there are, and they tend not to overpenetrate like a rifle.

Backlash

Reaction score
Do they not carry shot guns anymore?
Seems like it would have been the best tool for the job at the range that video appeared to be.
Many still deploy pump action shotguns. Since rifles have been proven themselves over the years, a lot of guys and girls have gravitated towards the patrol rifles. Less recoil, easier for some to shoot and accuracy superior to that of a shotgun under most circumstances.

Backlash

Reaction score
Semi auto shotguns are absolutely devastating under 100 yards. A Benelli with a red dot with slugs will stop a problem RIGHT NOW. One of the best close in weapons there are, and they tend not to overpenetrate like a rifle.
Slugs not over penetrating?? Surely you jest! 🤣

Backlash

Reaction score
No Sir they sure aren't. 👍

They both have their place and are effective tools in the right hands.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Yes. I was just making a comparison between the shotgun and rifle. the humble shotgun is very underestimated for close in Work. Most LE shootings are within 25 yds, this is where a shotgun really shines. Don’t get me wrong, long guns are great! But in a urban environment, with civilians all over the place, letting loose with a rifle is a big concern.

Backlash

Reaction score
Yes. I was just making a comparison between the shotgun and rifle. the humble shotgun is very underestimated for close in Work. Most LE shootings are within 25 yds, this is where a shotgun really shines. Don’t get me wrong, long guns are great! But in a urban environment, with civilians all over the place, letting loose with a rifle is a big concern.
I would deploy a rifle 100% of the time if that situation ever presented itself. My level of confidence is extremely high with an AR. This confidence, accuracy and familiarity with that platform would make me more comfortable utilizing that particular tool under stress. Just my .02.

I have been a Remington certified armorer and have maintained a slew of 870's for a number of years. Believe me, I too am a huge fan of a shotgun when deployed under the right conditions. But like I said, my confidence with an AR is much greater.

rrrr

Reaction score
That Smith's grocery store near Craig and Cheyenne is about ¼ mile from my cousin's house. That asshole is lucky he hasn't assumed room temperature.

The crossfire shooting by police in the parking lot could have turned out badly. Don't want to criticize because I'm the furthest thing from a cop being shot at, but the guys in blue had a little too much adrenaline pumping. Happy there were no hits on the good guys, that was crazy.

poncho

Reaction score
My Ex-Wife asked to pop some shots out the window with my .45, we were crossing a deserted mountain pass but still not real smart, I know, we were young.

The percussion when she pulled the trigger with my window up can only be described as a shock, it felt like it entered one ear and came out the other and then things got real quiet.

I just assumed she would put her hand out the window I guess.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Never tried a car jack before but what's the point of switching cars while being chased?

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Im not an leo. After watching the video i have a question. Why in the grocery store parking lot were the officers in the vehicle shooting for the driver? Seems like incapacitating the vehicle would have been an easier target than trying to shoot through two windows at a target that's probably ducked behind a dash. Not being critical just asking to learn.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
IMHO if the first shot is justified, then everything afterword should also be justified.

Why should there be a “crime” of putting holes into a corpse, when there’s no crime in killing the mutherfucker in the first place?