WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crazy money

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Owner operator, I wonder how much they clear after expenses? $600k gross, maybe $300k net???

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Sounds like a hell of a gig for the owner operators CA. screwed over and said they were employees and cannot 1099 or whatever owner operators get

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So you have to supply the truck, trailer, fuel, maintenance and insurance.

Wonder how much fuel you go through in a week?
$2k?
I no longer have my CDL or endorsements but hmm. This kind of money makes you 🤔

beerrun

Reaction score
So you have to supply the truck, trailer, fuel, maintenance and insurance.

Wonder how much fuel you go through in a week?
$2k?
I no longer have my CDL or endorsements but hmm. This kind of money makes you 🤔
4-6 mpg

yard dog

Reaction score
Reading the article they failed to mention that your tractor has to be equipped with a PTO and a blower unit for the operation of a pneumatic tanker which adds a significant cost to the semi , so it can pull that type of trailer .

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I don't think that equates to crazy money. It's not like you just show up and they put you in one of their trucks and say go.
You not only need your class 1 license but you also need a tanker endorsement and dot certification for hauling hazardous materials.
Once you load that tanker of yours with oil sands it wont be good for much of anything else.
You probably need to have your own clean out station.
Maintenance on tanker valves will be a nightmare.
Insurance will be huge money.
Cost of fuel and truck maintenance.
All that stuff adds up to a lot of out of pocket expense.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Maintenance and insurance are big money already...
Then we get political, fuel costs just keep creeping up. Unless you're running their fuel card, that's a variable that can kick you pretty hard.
Also, most outfits like that are looking for a certain cutoff point in year of tractor...and they sure as hell aren't cheap. So most will have to figure in a truck and/or trailer payment as well.

cakemoto

Reaction score
$14k a week, that's probably the going rate for a Coyote Certified driver in Texas...
Labor at work told me it’s 20 grand right now.if I didn’t have kids I would give it a run😎 would have a Schiada in no time.

petie6464

Reaction score
That's a big sack of lies and more trucking company BS propaganda marketing to truckers with a sixth grade education, I see this daily.

Those are gross numbers for owner operators, in other words crap numbers. In Trucking no one ever talks about Net Income, and absolutely forbidden in Net/Net!

If your grossing those numbers your most likely operating at a net operating loss.

petie6464

Reaction score
These is also no driver shortage. These trucking companies cry this to generate government assistance when in fact the truly cray number is their turnover of 102%. These scabs are worse than puppy mills, and are pretty much bringing in people from India and African countries to exploit them in their companies.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
Fuk all that,
Let’s open up some strip mines in the good ol USA!!!
As someone has said similar..
Earth is dying, we only have a few years left to go full green and save her? Full green takes a lot of precious metals, not to mention the disposal, let’s get it on😁

rrrr

Reaction score
Once you load that tanker of yours with oil sands it wont be good for much of anything else.
You probably need to have your own clean out station.

Fracking sand is not oil sand. Most of it is clean processed quartz sand, sometimes coated with resins for better performance.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Fracking sand is not oil sand. Most of it is clean processed quartz sand, sometimes coated with resins for better performance.
Well you sure wont be hauling milk in it afterwards. 😁