WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crazy the number of used sxs for sale

rrrr

Reaction score
It isn't 18K OTD, but yes, you are on the right track. Any mods you do to these things is worth at most 50 cents on the dollar when you sell, regardless of how new the parts may be. You are better off parting the car out and putting it back to stock to sell it.

That sounds like the 90s, when a guy that bolted $15K of aftermarket parts on a Road King would try and sell it for $35K.

TCHB

Reaction score
They sold them for golf carts.
AFA5F971-6B4C-4F54-AFC9-C308EAE9D91C.jpeg

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
When I sold mine, I sold all my accessories first.

Pretty much sold it stock. I think I lost like 9k all together

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
To some this thread up...

The Supply - Demand equation is never wrong.

Obviously there is higher supply than demand, resulting in lower prices...

I will never own one..
2014 KTM 300 XCW that puts a huge smile on my face...

I get bored as hell in Sxs... worthless to me...

intense

Reaction score
Anyone need 2 new rugged radio headsets with built-in intercoms, push to talk and car to car radio plug-in, built-in intercom in the headsets, no need for a base head unit in the car.

I have a set brand new including the $50 link cord. Big at NASCAR too for hearing protection and still being able to talk to your guest while listening in on the car to car comm. I doubt I’ll buy another SXS, maybe :)

https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=382_476&products_id=338
How much?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Im gonna list mine this weekend.
Ive mulled over this thought for a while and finally realized id get more out of dropping rzr money into my jeep than having a sxs altogether.
I know my rhino is not a 15 or 20k RZR but i know itll attract those looking into a sxs without having to drop a fortune on one.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Anyone need 2 new rugged radio headsets with built-in intercoms, push to talk and car to car radio plug-in, built-in intercom in the headsets, no need for a base head unit in the car.

I have a set brand new including the $50 link cord. Big at NASCAR too for hearing protection and still being able to talk to your guest while listening in on the car to car comm. I doubt I’ll buy another SXS, maybe :)

https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=382_476&products_id=338
Been looking at these. Figured it'd be more versatile since you can use them anywhere....car, boat, etc.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
My kink with sxs is that I would need to trailer it EVERYWHERE.......... I grew up riding ATV's and ATC's right from the house. Kind of spoiled regarding that. There are no good riding areas near me but at least with a jeep or something I could keep it street legal and not have to trailer it. Something to be said for that.

I still am interested in the sxs, but my rational side says it would be a garage queen and don't do it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
5063AB93-19D2-44AF-9ADA-C2855C218246.jpeg
The
597FB595-D80D-4600-9D4B-57D52BD0A7EC.jpeg

New 2019 at the dealer near us.
That’s as cheap as I’ve ever seen them.
2020 4 seat max RR being reported $29 OTD in the SXS forums.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
one guy came got the new RR. Raced a bunch of our friends in their turbo R's. All the turbo R's were modded both engine and suspension with aftermarket stuff. Turbo RR was bone stock. Turbo RR beat most of them. The ones that were able to beat them were so modified that they were going to get any better with out replacing a lot of stuff. They really raved about how good out of the box the shocks were. They basically came to the conclusion that all the money put into suspension and engine was as fast as their sxs was ever going to go vs the slowest the RR would ever go. They figured in a year or two more after market support will make the RR even faster. They are trying to get out of their current ones before they are worth pennies. I see most of them just being traded in towards the new one though.
That’s what we want. Good shocks - good ride quality right from the showroom floor.

The dealer prices got crazy and with competition prices on new will get better.
This is the time of year prices usually are locked down and the highest.

Honda best get real with the Talon 4 live valve prices or it’ll go the same way of the Honda Jet Ski. With the turbo kit they'll be asking way too much from what we’ve learned so far.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
My kink with sxs is that I would need to trailer it EVERYWHERE.......... I grew up riding ATV's and ATC's right from the house. Kind of spoiled regarding that. There are no good riding areas near me but at least with a jeep or something I could keep it street legal and not have to trailer it. Something to be said for that.

I still am interested in the sxs, but my rational side says it would be a garage queen and don't do it.

Thats where im at with it. I think it might be different if i lived where i could take advantage of them being street legal, but im not.
A jeep is a thousand times more practical for me imo

nameisbond

Reaction score
Thats where im at with it. I think it might be different if i lived where i could take advantage of them being street legal, but im not.
A jeep is a thousand times more practical for me imo

I was thinking about getting an sxs for our property. But there is 635 Jeep Wranglers for sale here on Autotrader. I can drive the Jeep in comfort from Vancouver to central Washington State too. So now I'm looking at Jeeps.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Del Amo still has new 2017, 2018 and 2019's sitting in the lot and showroom floors.
Marked way up then discounted a little.
Maybe the bubble burst?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Del Amo still has new 2017, 2018 and 2019's sitting in the lot and showroom floors.
Marked way up then discounted a little.
Maybe the bubble burst?

When I talked to them they were not pricing them like they needed to move them. At least not on the 19's. Probably why they still have 17's around

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When I talked to them they were not pricing them like they needed to move them. At least not on the 19's. Probably why they still have 17's around
They are brutally over-priced from the already overpriced MSRP.
Lot weary usually meant a big discount.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Del Amo has Method 401 beadlocks (my favorite) for $199. If it's the one pictured on their sale ad page that is a good deal. That's a BIG IF. Eyes wide open, buyer beware.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
All over the SxS forums the new Polaris Pro XP clutches are grenading. Word is 100% chance it will in under 100 miles.

I recently deleted the pic but our local Yamaha dealer has a nicely equipped new 2019 YXZ with the dealer installed factory turbo kit for under $24K.

I'm told it's been sitting there rotting in the sun for months (and months).
BTW the 2019's have the Polaris lug pattern and they stretched out the shocks so they ride better than stock units in the past- goes the tale.
If I had some spare cash, and they discounted it more I'd scoop it up.
They are nice.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
All over the SxS forums the new Polaris Pro XP clutches are grenading. Word is 100% chance it will in under 100 miles.

I recently deleted the pic but our local Yamaha dealer has a nicely equipped new 2019 YXZ with the dealer installed factory turbo kit for under $24K.

I'm told it's been sitting there rotting in the sun for months (and months).
BTW the 2019's have the Polaris lug pattern and they stretched out the shocks so they ride better than stock units in the past- goes the tale.

You would have thought after all the Recalls the last few years that Polaris would have performed a thorough real world testing program before releasing any new vehicles to the public? I guess they think their in the RV Industry and just let the dealers fix all the factory design & manufacturing problems. :eek: They may be out of the SxS Industry in 5 years if they keep dumping shit on the market. There is a lot more choices these days, and Polaris is probably #3 or #4 now.

Reactions: TPC

boatpi

Reaction score
How about this deal?
2017 Polaris Razor XP1000 4 door
Like brand new. Has only 800 miles. Was towed to Duck Creek Utah and stayed there for 2 years Custom roof with speakers built in JVC stereo. Light bar up front , full doors Many extras!! Was my wife’s toy in Utah. Included is a brand new 14 ft trailer
Asking $18500 negotiable

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
How about this deal?
2017 Polaris Razor XP1000 4 door
Like brand new. Has only 800 miles. Was towed to Duck Creek Utah and stayed there for 2 years Custom roof with speakers built in JVC stereo. Light bar up front , full doors Many extras!! Was my wife’s toy in Utah. Included is a brand new 14 ft trailer
Asking $18500 negotiable
Pics please. I have a friend looking.

kiethco

Reaction score
20180112_151513.jpg
6k buy in, goes 80% of the places you can take a SxS then at the end of the day you can cruise into town on pavement for dinner. We tow it behind the RV with a tow bar, no trailer needed and it's a blast on P.C.H. on weekends. Everyone has a dune buggy story and wants to talk about 'em.

Your ad here

Reaction score
People underestimate how much work is involved to take these out to have fun. The cost and all supporting items then you have to find the time. You buy the SXS. Need a trailer to take it to the desert. Day trips aren't as fun as a weekend trip. Need a camping trailer and 2nd tow vehicle or a big toy box to put the SXS in. Get to desert at night and tired and still have to take the thing out to fold down the beds. Loading it up is worse. Get home clean and take to storage. The $30k for the car is the cheap part.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I agree with that post 100% ^^^ I feel the same way about most boating. I tell anyone who asks me about getting into boating that it needs to be a way of life or you shouldn't do it.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Lots of used SxS’s on the market because buying new is so easy! If you are standing upright, breathing and your best bud’s wife’s friends cousin can provide you with a paystub you can qualify for a brand new RZR or CanAm. Also, after they make the first few payments at 25% interest and use it 4 times it goes up for sale. The Trump economy is roaring. Glamis is gonna be a shit show I have a feeling more so this year because of all the easy loans going out on SxS’s and RV’s. In 10 days of the RV show in Fontana, Giant RV alone sold 300 units! That number sounds crazy to me.

intense

Reaction score
I may have someone coming today for them. $145.

They are $345 through Rugged and sometimes you can find them on amazon for about $300 delivered.

Let me know if the deal falls

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
All over the Sxs
I agree with that post 100% ^^^ I feel the same way about most boating. I tell anyone who asks me about getting into boating that it needs to be a way of life or you shouldn't do it.
Especially ocean boating. It consumes everything from your time off to your bank account.
——————. —————
We off highway roll with over 30 others mostly families.
Every one of them love their SXS and sell them only when they move up to a different model. Except one die hard dune buggy owner that is incredibly bitter about the SXS craze.
None of them have quit the recreation.

Mine fits nicely in our TH and I can still fit in a couple ATVs.
We have a truck to visit town and other sites, a trailer to live in and off road toys to play with.
A perfect combination that fits our needs.

America, what a country.
If this is all we have to bitch about we're solid.

Last edited:

77charger

Reaction score
People underestimate how much work is involved to take these out to have fun. The cost and all supporting items then you have to find the time. You buy the SXS. Need a trailer to take it to the desert. Day trips aren't as fun as a weekend trip. Need a camping trailer and 2nd tow vehicle or a big toy box to put the SXS in. Get to desert at night and tired and still have to take the thing out to fold down the beds. Loading it up is worse. Get home clean and take to storage. The $30k for the car is the cheap part.
We got our system down for glamis i do the loading during the week we get there at night i take car out wife helps set up i do the out side she takes care inside from time getting there our camp is set up in 15 minutes.Now loading up another story LOL she still does the inside trailer stuff except i now have to do all the laoding at once.Takes us about an hr then 5 hr drive home with traffic but i do keep trailer at home so ill unload it when i feel like.

rrrr

Reaction score

This is why we sold our boats. With my health issues, I could no longer do boat and trailer maintenance, boat hauler, boat driver, boat cleaner, boat party arranger, boat caterer, boat cooler supervisor, boat safety instructor, and a few other things I can't recall right now.

2Driver

Reaction score
Those cages are str8 junk. Buddy barely rolled his rzr and his buckled and failed in several spots.

During the rhino crazed I spent the cash to put a highly regarded cage on it due to the back seat. “Star Halo” design blah blah blah

LOL I went to pick it up and they completely missed 3 welds. Literally nothing, pipe to pipe held by the weld at the other end.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
The rzr market has absolutely tanked. You can find really nice 4 seat cars with lots of options/add-ons cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume that they are now entering the same territory as the used snowmobile market. A new sled is $15-$20K and last years model with 1500 miles on it is 1/2 of new.

It would appear that they have hit the saturation point on these things. People are finding out that the insurance is pricey, the usability is limited and the actual # of hours used is driving many owners to become former owners.

For snowmobiles they are more robust than ever, and the number of places where you can actually use them is going down. On Tug Hill, my old stomping grounds for snowmobiles, close to 1/3 of the roads that were open to snowmobiles are now closed, many of the land owners have closed their land and forced the trails to close with no connectivity to other parts of the trail system. The infrastructure is failing (meaning bridges etc) and the state has increased regulations and lowered the mileage rates for grooming. The clubs that remain are running at zero or less and are having a hard time maintaining their equipment, or being reimbursed for fuel to groom their part of the state lands that these trails are on.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I would assume that they are now entering the same territory as the used snowmobile market. A new sled is $15-$20K and last years model with 1500 miles on it is 1/2 of new.

It would appear that they have hit the saturation point on these things. People are finding out that the insurance is pricey, the usability is limited and the actual # of hours used is driving many owners to become former owners.

For snowmobiles they are more robust than ever, and the number of places where you can actually use them is going down. On Tug Hill, my old stomping grounds for snowmobiles, close to 1/3 of the roads that were open to snowmobiles are now closed, many of the land owners have closed their land and forced the trails to close with no connectivity to other parts of the trail system. The infrastructure is failing (meaning bridges etc) and the state has increased regulations and lowered the mileage rates for grooming. The clubs that remain are running at zero or less and are having a hard time maintaining their equipment, or being reimbursed for fuel to groom their part of the state lands that these trails are on.

I just sold my RZR. I have had a UTV for 13 years. I had a 14 1000 XP4 stock with a couple nice accents. I could not pass up selling it. Right time - my kids are starting to drive themselves and I can go out with them on my quad. I go out in my backyard and am lucky but do not want to trailer to glamis or really trek out anywhere far at this point with them at this in between age. When they do get older I would want something newer.

I agree with you on the snowmobile comp. I have rode on Tug Hill quite a bit growing up in CNY. It was a lot of fun but people are getting killed riding up there at a pretty good clip. The technology is far surpassing the skill of the general public buying these sleds. The UTVs are kind of heading down that road. I enjoyed the XP4 and maybe will come back to it at some point.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
View attachment 808365 6k buy in, goes 80% of the places you can take a SxS then at the end of the day you can cruise into town on pavement for dinner. We tow it behind the RV with a tow bar, no trailer needed and it's a blast on P.C.H. on weekends. Everyone has a dune buggy story and wants to talk about 'em.

I've been wanting one of those for many years now but never got serious about buying one. I did take one for a test drive a few years ago and it was a blast.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score

For the longest time I had this same line of thinking. Now however, I could go right from my house and be on the trails. Because i live in a very rural ag area I could also drive it all over the valley with no problem. Many people do so here.

I'm looking for one now to use for mild trail running and also as a utility vehicle on my property. I only need a two seater and would like a dump bed on the back. My budget is $5K to $7K. What would that get me?

Your ad here

Reaction score
We got our system down for glamis i do the loading during the week we get there at night i take car out wife helps set up i do the out side she takes care inside from time getting there our camp is set up in 15 minutes.Now loading up another story LOL she still does the inside trailer stuff except i now have to do all the laoding at once.Takes us about an hr then 5 hr drive home with traffic but i do keep trailer at home so ill unload it when i feel like.
I've been on a similar system with a 21' Weekend Warrior and dirt bikes. Brother, 55lb. dog, and I. The simple days when all we worried about was if we had enough beer, gas, and joints.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
This is why we sold our boats. With my health issues, I could no longer do boat and trailer maintenance, boat hauler, boat driver, boat cleaner, boat party arranger, boat caterer, boat cooler supervisor, boat safety instructor, and a few other things I can't recall right now.

That's why I sold my Daytona...too much work. I bought a cheap 21 daycruiser for the lower river and my cleaning time when we get off the water went from 2 hours to 15 minutes. I have my "Daytona money" set aside for anther big boat, but I honestly love the river now for the enjoyment and not the "keeping up with the Jones'."