WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Creapy internet sh*t

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
The wife and I were chatting while making dinner , We have a Ninja toaster over we love but it doesn't make toast well , I remembered we had an un used 2 slice toaster in the garage and decided to trot it out , end of story right ? ....................... Next day we get "pop ups" for Toaster ads on various net feeds and searchs ... Concidence ?

traquer

Reaction score
Did you search for toasters online or watch toaster reviews on TV lol? If not then it's creepy as hell.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
We've noticed several times lately the same thing happens to my wife and I. And this is when there's no searching on the internet or phone about the subject. Only thing we can think of is the phone is listening to conversations and picking out key words and then the marketing companies take over from there.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
We've noticed several times lately the same thing happens to my wife and I. And this is when there's no searching on the internet or phone about the subject. Only thing we can think of is the phone is listening to conversations and picking out key words and then the marketing companies take over from there.

This is exactly what happens especially if you have any "talk" search engines such a Siri, Alexa or Bixspy

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Everything is watching and listening to you. Even when you've turned off your phones microphone and camera it is still listening. Even your thermostat in your newer homes are listening. I had no flipping clue that the Nest thermostats that were installed in my new "Smart" home were a Google owned product. For my thermostats to work properly they need to be linked to my Wifi and have periodic updates just like your phone. And don't get me started with how creepy Alexa is. That fucker records everything. You can go to a website and replay everything it has ever recorded.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Did you search for toasters online or watch toaster reviews on TV lol? If not then it's creepy as hell.
Simply a "Kitchen conversation .... Fuckers :mad: And personally I would never have "Alexa" type device in my home or business

Last edited:

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Just search for your favorite Dem and then new guns and watch how no ads will pop up on your side.
They will pop up on big brothers side..

Cray Paper

Reaction score
My wife and I have been noticing this for the past year. We both have I Phones, my phone is a work phone so Siri is turned off along with a lot of the tracking software. and I don't do much internet searching on it. We both have committed to lot allowing a listening device portrayed as a convenience device in our home, other than phones. My wife brought it to my attention last year, we would have a discussion about something and the next day the ads were targeted to us on our personal computers and her phone. Not sure about the LG TV's, AVR, vehicles ?

I buy stuff for work, with a company credit card on my work computer and Google has figured out who I am even though I have made a point of not cross searching the same things on my home computer.

They know who we are and have a data base tracking what we search and buy, its totally obvious to me now.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Stuff I don't care about it I used duckduckgo just to help stop tracking. I also use brave browser. For other stuff I used a tutanota.com email and a VPN. Tuta requires a password in order to send an email. The person on the other end needs a password that you input in order to read the email. It is encrypted. It is a pain, so I don't use it much, but keeps your shit private. You do not need a password to receive email.

2Driver

Reaction score
Someone figured out that the Ninja oven sucks for toast and to send everyone who bought one an ad for a real toaster.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
People...

Turn off whatever you want, but if you're hooked to the internet, Everything you do is tracked! LoL

Stop thinking that your going to be anonymous, that's never going to happen, no matter how slick you think are!

EVERYTHING goes through your ISP. No way your hiding shit.

Some of you clearly still haven't watched Snowden. I suggest you watch it tonight and then just go back to living your life.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
People...

Turn off whatever you want, but if you're hooked to the internet, Everything you do is tracked! LoL

Stop thinking that your going to be anonymous, that's never going to happen, no matter how slick you think are!

EVERYTHING goes through your ISP. No way your hiding shit.

Some of you clearly still haven't watched Snowden. I suggest you watch it tonight and then just go back to living your life.
They're up our asses and we didn't feel a thing

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Happens all the time. Here is the creepiest one, though. We have been going through old books recently in the shop. 12 crates of them. What to keep and what to sell or toss out. Sportin' Wood hands one to me last weekend and says, "Are you familiar with this author?" Never says the author's name, just shows it to me. "Yes," I reply, smiling at him, "we are keeping that one." I also never say the author's name.

That night, when I open my internet browser, in my "pocket suggested articles" is one on Dostoevsky and his short stories. That is the author of the book Jeff had shown to me in the shop. Now you know why he never said the author's name and why I smiled when he didn't, because I knew he couldn't pronounce it. But the creepy thing is, no phone or computer heard the name Dostoevsky pronounced correctly or otherwise, yet within 4 hours, my computer, in a completely other building, coincidentally suggested the same author for me to study. I don't see how it could have known. It HAS to be a coincidence. Doesn't it? I swear, neither of us said the name.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call...

buck35

Reaction score
This why my fone is rarely on my person . I can check it a few times a day and leave the infernal thing alone the rest of the time. The tablet stays in my cave.