WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Creatures of Habit..what's yours?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Humans tend to be very habitual.
I'm a breakfast fan and since being mostly Keto for about 3 years now it's my staple daily meal. 2/3 cup of egg whites(no cholesterol) , mushrums, onions, bacon bits and cheese omelet. Two strips of šŸ„“.
What is something you do every day in just the same manner?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
One cup of black coffee, no cream and no sugar. Do this every morning before taking a shower and getting ready for work.

I am actually very habitual with a lot of things. Probably due to my freaking OCD......lol

HST4ME

Reaction score
Energy drink as soon as I turn they key in my truck every morning or I am more useless than usual without it. Can't do coffee so that is my vice.

cofooter

Reaction score
1 Cup of coffee every morning, never eat breakfast, wait til lunch, cocktail most every night between 5:30 and 6 if I'm not at work late.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Energy drink as soon as I turn they key in my truck every morning or I am more useless than usual without it. Can't do coffee so that is my vice.
I'm a non-coffee drinker too but drink a pre-workout energy mix. 20201217_111931.jpg

DWC

Reaction score
Rockstar to start the morning. Normal breakfast is a MetRX bar or a Atkins protein drink. Daily deuce is at 9am unless i have the shake. Itā€™s 5 to 30 mins after a shake.. No delays. :oops:

E9F5CC31-5408-483E-8C4A-6FCAEF40CF8E.jpeg

Singleton

Reaction score
cup coffee with flavored creamed every morning. Once that is done, cleanup begins.

Last edited:

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I put my socks on before my briefs.
I dont usually eat breakfast but In the rare case that i eat cereal, i have to have it with ice in my milk.
Hockey is the biggest one. Right shin guard always goes on first but left skate always goes on first.....and i have to step onto the ice/rink with my left foot first.

Cant tell you the reasoning behind it but thats how ive always done it.

oldschool

Reaction score
Get in my cold swimming pool everyday, during the summer itā€™s a cold shower. But Iā€™m in ā€œcoldā€ water everyday one way or another.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I get up. Let the dogs out. Visit the throne. Let the dogs in. Turn on Netflix to Longmire. Make coffee. Feed the dogs. Drink a cup of coffee before work. Start work. Make the wife and I breakfast. Drink my 2nd cup of coffee.

If you ask my wife, my life is routine (I can thank years of sports for that) and if I deviate for any reason, it usually throws me off.

Last edited:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
An observation. Do you realize, no matter the topic, you post cop shit? Every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't necessarily say that is a cop routine. I check my bedside gun everyday. It's prudent to know what state your firearm is in and it's good to make sure that the wife hasn't covered it with socks and underwear making it less accessible.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Coffee with Keto Electrolyte drops, Flax Oil and MCT oil in it then I have to shower every am first thing unless out camping, eat a big lunch, Jim Beam and Diet coke after work is over and Family Feud while falling asleep.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Get up, hit the throne while checking emails and RDP. Get ready for work and make a banana/strawberry smoothie to drink on the commute to work. Then at 7am it's my daily banana and granola bar for breakfast. Every fukin day...

oldschool

Reaction score
Wim Hof fan?
I did a lot of cold, really cold, baths years ago when I played football. I started again last year after a bad dirt bike accident and listening to Adam Carolla( Heā€™s a Wim Hof guy). I want to get into some of the breathing exercises he does, just havenā€™t yet. It really has made a big difference in my day to day life.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
I did a lot of cold, really cold, baths years ago when I played football. I started again last year after a bad dirt bike accident and listening to Adam Carolla( Heā€™s a Wim Hof guy). I want to get into some of the breathing exercises he does, just havenā€™t yet. It really has made a big difference in my day to day life.

yep I just started finishing off my showers with COLD for the last minute or so.... Brutal at first, but man you feel great afterwards.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Three things;
Small cup of keto coffee (whipped with butter and mct oil in it) before 8 and another at ~ 10.
3 eggs/3 slices of ham/shredded cheeze for lunch.
Walk the dog for ~ an hr before hitting the sack.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Morning ritual is a cup of coffee after waking up before the family w/ some peace and quiet for a little while...usually accompanied by my wife in our formal family room (that we never use, other than our morning coffee time)

then followed by workout, shower and off to the office.

at the desert, I usually get up early, cup of coffee and go outside and wipe down my buggy.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I am still looking for my habit. I could cheat and ask my wife but I am not sure that I want to hear the answer. :looking: I guess if anything I like a cooked meal for breakfast on a real plate. :dunno: The wife has a bowl of cereal every day.