WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Critique this boat for Havasu?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I recently discovered this brand of boat. Alfastreet. They have a lot of style. Reminds me of a Von Dutch or Riva.

I am curious...... If these boats were available in Havasu, would this be of interest to any of you? What do you like or not like?

Here is the 28. It has a 10ft beam.

Here are some pics of the 23’ in a listing...... notice the reasonable price.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I do like the cockpit layout. I have never, am not, nor will i ever be a fan of seadeck. Aside from that, the boat is relatively small for its price range and is ugly as sin.

For $100k, I rather buy a 15 yr old Magic

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
How fast are they? 220 HP doesn't seem like its got much motivation... Would be a cool yacht tender but not sure about a lake boat...

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
With a 10' beam you aren't trailering it very often. Pretty sweet though!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I like the layout of the boat. Be a pretty pimp party cruiser. The paint scheme or detail needs to be changed up though. Something about the look reminds me of a tugboat, and I think it's the way the lines are painted, not formed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It doesn’t show the cabin in That video, I really want to see what that looks like and air conditioning?

I also am curious as to how they plane / perform? I am IN LOVE!! With what I see so far! The price is CHEAP!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Driving with a kid on the bow? Uhhh.
8846C168-F74A-40FC-9318-3EFAE742C71C.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I really like the roof setup and the cabin. The floorplan for the deck is really nice too, rear lounge area and swim step are big, kind of like a bigger yacht setup.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I would say go see how many cabin cruisers are there already and that will be a good judge of this boat if this is something you are thinking about bringing to market. If it is for you personally, just do what you want. It's a beautiful boat, but seems more like an ocean cruiser than your typical Havasu set up.

El Rojo

Reaction score
I'd fill that fucker full of rocket launchers and fish it in the big blue...where's the live bait well?....

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Even if you were 150-175 for the 28 that seems pretty affordable?
Perspective. 150 - 175 for a toy? It's not even a live aboard. I get that boat prices can be a bit crazy, but come on Dave.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Perspective. 150 - 175 for a toy? It's not even a live aboard. I get that boat prices can be a bit crazy, but come on Dave.
There's lots of 150-250k toys...not in my toy box, but others sure have them. Think about it this way: Not a lot of people would have thought CC's were going to be on Havasu. Now, there are quite a few. They range from fishers to super pimp.
I don't have my finger on the pulse of the boating public. Maybe these will be the pontoons of the coming years...they're in that ballpark of price?

Reactions: t&y

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

you priced pontoons lately?

Or used Magic’s?

or new anything? Lol

This seems like a lot of boat for mid 100’s?

TimeBandit

Reaction score
It's a YACHT, not a "boat" (designed for ballers to get their Thurston Howell III on).

Euro for sure, they pay double what we do for fuel so small horsepower is the rule. One listing shows a 4.3 powered rig, when is the last time you saw anything powered by a 4.3? It's Built in Slovenia so shipping to U.S. west coast would not be cheap... but cool boat, excels at what most boats do, It provides a platform to drink and hang out on.

Speed? no. Style with the hydraulic top and high end finishes is nice.... just not what So Cal boaters are used to.

One listing has the 28' priced at $248,000 with twin electric engines. Maybe it's the perfect boat for Tesla owners?

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Euro for sure, they pay double what we do for fuel so small horsepower is the rule. One listing shows a 4.3 powered rig, when is the last time you saw anything powered by a 4.3? It's Built in Slovenia so shipping to U.S. west coast would not be cheap... but cool boat, excels at what most boats do, It provides a platform to drink and hang out on.

Speed? no. Style with the hydraulic top and high end finishes is nice.... just not what So Cal boaters are used to.

I spend some time on there website they offer a planing Hull and a displacement Hull. I can tell you just watching the car videos they are putting a ton more engineering than anything we got going on in the performance world.. lol

honestly I think this thing is an awesome concept and if it could run 55-60? Even better!

I’d be interested in traveling there and riding in one and seeing how it handles etc..

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I spend some time on there website they offer a planing Hull and a displacement Hull. I can tell you just watching the car videos they are putting a ton more engineering than anything we got going on in the performance world.. lol

honestly I think this thing is an awesome concept and if it could run 55-60? Even better!

I’d be interested in traveling there and riding in one and seeing how it handles etc..
RiverDave Slovenia edition, stay tuned!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
you priced pontoons lately?

Or used Magic’s?

or new anything? Lol

This seems like a lot of boat for mid 100’s?
Lol. Let me clarify. You mentioned affordable. In the non baller world, none of the new boats out there are "affordable". But that is all just a matter of perspective. I guess I could take equity out of the house, by a new DCB cash, and say it was really affordable because that is just what they are going for now.

I was thinking more along the lines of the average person dropping that much money on a boat in generally. Never really looked at any of them as being affordable unless you are going with older used boats.

Either way, I agree with you on the actual boat being pretty badass. That would be my step into the big blue if I could swing it.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Actually in AZ it is perfectly legal.

As RD stated... perfectly legal at wakeless speed and there are exceptions where its perfectly legal over wakeless speeds

A.R.S. 5-341. Negligent operation of watercraft or water skis; restriction in operation of watercraft; violation; classification

B. A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, the transom or the decked over bow of a watercraft propelled by machinery operating in excess of wakeless speed except if:

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Actually in AZ it is perfectly legal.
Are you sure about this? I understood dangling feet off the bow was a big ticket in the Channel. Also, I had a Mohave County Sheriff tell me that sitting outside of the boat (not in actual seats), outside of the buoys is an "arrestable offense". Haven't looked it up.

Edit: Simul post... I think my post may be outside of those clarifications ^^^^^^ The Channel example may be city ordinance, and outside the buoys may have equaled "excess of wakeless" in the Sheriff's mind.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
As RD stated... perfectly legal at wakeless speed and there are exceptions where its perfectly legal over wakeless speeds

A.R.S. 5-341. Negligent operation of watercraft or water skis; restriction in operation of watercraft; violation; classification

B. A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, the transom or the decked over bow of a watercraft propelled by machinery operating in excess of wakeless speed except if:

I know in tx its perfectly legal so long as the boat has bow rails on it, however useful or useless they may be

hallett21

Reaction score
I like it. Not so much for havasu but I could see it in Tahoe or as an ocean booze cruiser

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Getting in trouble bow riding is really a Havasu thing more than anything. When we are on my express cruiser with a full bow rail and my wife is sitting up there in the no wake wilderness area of Lake Saguaro, we wave to the police all the time and they have never said a word... We are not dangling feet off the side, we are not pushing the envelope of wakeless speed, we don't have people dancing on the bow or in the boat standing up etc.. Simply, sitting on the bow at wakeless speed with a full bow rail. I would expect to get pulled over at Lake Havasu for doing the exact thing and I would probably be sympathetic to the police. If they allowed me to do it safely within the law, then every donkey would try to use me as an excuse for pushing the envelope of negligent operation. So at Lake Havasu I simply don't do it.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Without a kitchenette, AC and generator ... I am calling it a day boat. Pretty cool, and priced really well I imagine. I would prefer a more sporty type express cruiser like a Formula, but I just probably doubled the price tag.

spectras only

Reaction score
Honestly if it doesn’t ride rough I’d really consider one.. I think it’s freakin awesome! Like a mini yacht!
Dave, I've been in the Adriatic Sea [ near Slovenia ] and it gets rough [ much rougher than Lake Havasu ;) ] so, I think this boat would be fine for your need, I'd come visit and go for a test ride.:).
I'd get the 28 for sure. It has a shallow V deadrise, so it could get up and go with 600HP [ it's an offered option ]

If you're really serious about this boat, I could ask my friend what's his opinion on this company. He's from Croatia and very familiar with all the builders around the country.

Last edited:

MK1MOD0

Reaction score

uhhhhh. Have ya seen the price of a friggin pontoon ?...

BUSTI

Reaction score
I recently discovered this brand of boat. Alfastreet. They have a lot of style. Reminds me of a Von Dutch or Riva.

I am curious...... If these boats were available in Havasu, would this be of interest to any of you? What do you like or not like?

Here is the 28. It has a 10ft beam.

Here are some pics of the 23’ in a listing...... notice the reasonable price.

I'll take one with the blonde.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
$150K, affordable??.....again, i will ask, can someone point me in the direction of the poor section of RDP? Is there one? LOL

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
uhhhhh. Have ya seen the price of a friggin pontoon ?...
My point actually. Do you prefer to talk about what is affordable meaning boat for boat? Or real life what is "affordable" for the average house as in purchasing a toy?

sirbob

Reaction score
I like the practical things about it. Cabin / hard top / plenty of seating / fridge etc.

I think the finishes make it look cheap - too much shiny stuff.

I would never put Riva nor Van Dutch in the same sentence as this boat. You can’t even begin to compare a $500-750k boat to this one.

In the end, it really reminds me of what a modern Bayliner could look like.

traquer

Reaction score
I've been on some Euro boats, they're pretty cool. They're slow, but when everyone else has sail boats you're still a baller lol

hallett21

Reaction score
I think the term affordable is comparing to other new boats. Buying a 10 year old boat isn’t a fair comparison.

We’re not talking about the best way to spend 150k lol

Last edited: