WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cross country trip....

fmo24

Reaction score
Up this AM early trying to get blood test done for the surgery Tuesday. No appointments available anywhere so trying to walk in.

the fun part of the trip I guess

oh well
I’ve had pretty good luck at Quest labs for walk in draws.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Spent a bit of time this AM picking up horse poop trying to earn my way around here. It actually felt good to contribute.

these horses poop a lot. Lol

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Really enjoy this thread, I don't get the chance to log in very often, I am up to my ears in trying to get my place and my Mom's ready to sell, but I do like to read of your travels. I hope your knee surgery goes well. I am probably about 2 years behind you on that path.
It is looking like we won't put these on the market until next spring, finding a contractor who wants to do small projects is about impossible up here right now, and I have a few things that I want done by a pro on both places.
Can't wait to get moved and get on with life.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
McDonalds seagulls or crows FL style...wth

012EA24B-ED46-4760-BC06-D9429DCD1BFA.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Really enjoy this thread, I don't get the chance to log in very often, I am up to my ears in trying to get my place and my Mom's ready to sell, but I do like to read of your travels. I hope your knee surgery goes well. I am probably about 2 years behind you on that path.
It is looking like we won't put these on the market until next spring, finding a contractor who wants to do small projects is about impossible up here right now, and I have a few things that I want done by a pro on both places.
Can't wait to get moved and get on with life.

thank you.

it actually took me about 10 years to prepare for this. A gradual plan of cutting back and getting rid of a lot of toys and so forth.

very liberating when finalized.

probably best to get any med procedures done before heading out though.

for me everything lined up with a good support system of LuckyStrike and Mrs LuckyStrike

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Were going to ride the bikes to dinner but some pretty heavy rain came tho. Nixed that and took the truck to the Boat House in N Ft Meyers. They had a guy playing music and the place was pretty crowded when we got there.

cool place actually. I didnt really like the cuban sandwich much but the other dinners were good.
DB54B0AA-CFC3-490B-AE98-2B10228F9489.jpeg
F6977A4D-9E79-41B4-B8CD-DDF8376796DB.jpeg

tomorrow AM riding to breakfast weather permitting

Last edited:

Water Romper

Reaction score
oh gee, raining in Florida, go figure. That bar looks cool, careful riding the bike. keep us posted

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

The rain that cancelled the Harley ride yesterday

HBCraig

Reaction score
Were going to ride the bikes to dinner but some pretty heavy rain came tho. Nixed that and took the truck to the Boat House in N Ft Meyers. They had a guy playing music and the place was pretty crowded when we got there.

cool place actually. I didnt really like the cuban sandwich much but the other dinners were good.
View attachment 1002231 View attachment 1002232

tomorrow AM riding to breakfast weather permitting
Ft Myers, Destin, Ft Walton etc are cool towns. Used to visit there often. Destin aka Redneck Riviera

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Fucking nazi biach chased me and others. Told us to put on masks. She then lectured the entire crowd to keep your masks on while you wait to board. 200+ people are like wtf.

no mask on the way here. Now that we are leaving its nazi time

fuckers

wallnutz

Reaction score
Fucking nazi biach chased me and others. Told us to put on masks. She then lectured the entire crowd to keep your masks on while you wait to board. 200+ people are like wtf.

no mask on the way here. Now that we are leaving its nazi time

fuckers
Fuck’em Florida is a free state.

But on the other hand that’s a long swim back.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
OK....the ride back to Fort Meyers was interesting.

Was getting hit on HARD from a swinger group....including a little dude I named spyder monkey who was gay as shit.

So......the woman going all out pressing on me thinks I am some kind of Jason Boerne kind of guy....lol

Sample:

Q: "Where do you live?"
A: "Here and there.....I just kind of roam around"

Q: "Where were you born?"
A: "Well, I was born in XX but I don't know shit about it"

Q: "So...what do you do for work?"
A: "I don't"

Q: "Let me see your license so I can verify your name"
A: "Well its just a paper copy and I just printed it out today" (waiting for my new lic after changing addresses)

Q: "Where is your family from?"
A: "XX...but I don't know much about it"

Q: "OK...so where the fuck did you grow up?"
A: "Monterey"

Q: "How old is your son?"
A: "Well last week he was younger than he is this week"

lol

It was interesting and fun but honestly......got old after a while. Her newly married husband was at the end getting a little pissed at her as she was showing me too much attention after I said I ain't doing any fuckin man.....lol

Ohhhh....the friggin spyder monkey was their 5'0", 105lb gay friend that I told him he wasn't getting any either....lol

What a trip.....

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
OK....the ride back to Fort Meyers was interesting.

Was getting hit on HARD from a swinger group....including a little dude I named spyder monkey who was gay as shit.

So......the woman going all out pressing on me thinks I am some kind of Jason Boerne kind of guy....lol

Sample:

Q: "Where do you live?"
A: "Here and there.....I just kind of roam around"

Q: "Where were you born?"
A: "Well, I was born in XX but I don't know shit about it"

Q: "So...what do you do for work?"
A: "I don't"

Q: "Let me see your license so I can verify your name"
A: "Well its just a paper copy and I just printed it out today" (waiting for my new lic after changing addresses)

Q: "Where is your family from?"
A: "XX...but I don't know much about it"

Q: "OK...so where the fuck did you grow up?"
A: "Monterey"

Q: "How old is your son?"
A: "Well last week he was younger than he is this week"

lol

It was interesting and fun but honestly......got old after a while. Her newly married husband was at the end getting a little pissed at her as she was showing me too much attention after I said I ain't doing any fuckin man.....lol

Ohhhh....the friggin spyder monkey was their 5'0", 105lb gay friend that I told him he wasn't getting any either....lol

What a trip.....

I would have bought tickets to be a fly on the wall for that conversation hahahaha

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The ride back for 75-80% was as smooth as you would ever expect coming back. AJ and Jordan who have driven this path many times in the boat said they have never seen it lay down like that. Apx 25% of it was 1-2' chop and we ran thru some rain.

The ride back could not have been any easier but we were all worn out from the shenanigan's now a memory. I think we got in about 15-30 minutes early.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
As a matter of fact the spyder monkey had a glazed over look. The girl hitting on me asked:

Q: "If he falls will you catch him"
A: "Fuck no but I will help him off the ground if he does"

I could see this spyder monkey acting like he was falling just so I would "catch him" Fuck that spyder monkey.....you are hitting the floor....haha

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Went very well. No issues and even got up and made a sandwich.

AJ is like that nurse from”One flew over the Cookoos (sp?) nest”. Told me to knock it off. Lol

he is taking good care of me.

doctor john has called to check up on me, a nurse came out and PT starts tomorrow.

cant get any better service than i am getting.

all good.

thanks for checking up. Much appreciated

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
You are way too coherent for coming off anesthesia lol

Shall we send the bud light truck?

tHE dOCTOR CAME OVER AND SPENT ABOUT AN HOUR TALKING TO aj AND ME tonight.

He said my knee was about an 8 of 10 for the worst he has seen in his 40 year career. Took off major growths as he joked about having to hammer them off. Other solid pieces that were floating around in there. said there was no ACL, MCL or ligaments........Crazy

We talked about boating and a bunch of other stuff as well. He has a great sense of humor and is just a great guy. He did my surgery and two others on his off surgery day to get us taken care of before taking off for the Bahamas.

I can't say enough nice things about him or his staff. All pleasant, relaxed, funny and very very professional.

If anybody is thinking of some kind of replacement surgery this guy is one of the top in the USA. He said he really only wants to work another year and thats it.

100% happy with this and can't wait to get my other knee cleaned out.

Now on to PT

Water Romper

Reaction score
Damn brutha- Thats AWESOME news, good for you!! Whos taking care of the puppy while your "busy" ?

Hammer

Reaction score
Great thread Tom! Tell AJ I miss him(not in a gay way. Lol).I should’ve taken that job in Florida he had me lined up for. I’d probably be selling yachts by now! [emoji2357][emoji3525][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Damn brutha- Thats AWESOME news, good for you!! Whos taking care of the puppy while your "busy" ?

thanks. Roxy is hanging out and loves it here. She is in good hands with AJ and his wife assisting where needed. Staying in their house while recovering.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Great thread Tom! Tell AJ I miss him(not in a gay way. Lol).I should’ve taken that job in Florida he had me lined up for. I’d probably be selling yachts by now! [emoji2357][emoji3525][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will do that. This place is a pretty good option for someone with a family. Lots of good schools, a great leader as Governor, growing economy and things moving forward. Personally the new place in N Fort Meyers is my style vs the old place in Cape Coral. Either one would do of course

After recovery for me I will be heading North.

AJ and Patty are awesome hosts and I appreciate them immensely

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Wish I could give you guys some fun updates but...just doing PT after surgery now. Getting around pretty good with some manageable pain so far. Still drug free except for the baby aspirin and some kind of steroid i finished taking this AM. I dont like taking any drugs that mask the pain. If it becomes unbearable I will but until then no Oxy shit for me. not much sleep last night but will just nape today.

full knee replacement takes a bit to get thru

AF065189-9ADB-4D76-9A80-846DB54F550E.jpeg

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Tom,Ask the therapist if they have had Knee Replacement Surgery. Some of those people are too damn text book on the therapy. Tell her/him what is working for you. Apparently recovery has come a long way in recent years,you are doing great.Mine 10 years ago hurt like nothing i had ever been thru,but has been great getting around normal again.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Tom,Ask the therapist if they have had Knee Replacement Surgery. Some of those people are too damn text book on the therapy. Tell her/him what is working for you. Apparently recovery has come a long way in recent years,you are doing great.Mine 10 years ago hurt like nothing i had ever been thru,but has been great getting around normal again.

Tuesday surgery and today I am walking without any assistance right now. The nerve blocker has worn off. Last night was rough but I got thru it. Honestly, I am already in less pain than before this operation. I can feel the movement inside the knee I haven't felt in 15 years or so. I am just taking it at my own pace and doing what I can without pushing too hard. Still have some swelling of course but have been icing a LOT.

I am moving slow but steady. I am hoping the nurse will take off my bandage today so I can take a shower.

So far the best medical decision I have ever made in my life.

Extremely happy with it all.

I did have that talk with the TP guy and he is very experienced. He encouraged me to speak up and go as far as I can but just understand that the pain blocker will wear off and then wham. Well, I am handling that quite well so.......

The key of course is to do the basics and build on them. I am attempting to do that.

Thanks for the take.....its very spot on