WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cross country trip....

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Helluva storm out here in Texas right now. Went to my sisters house for dinner and hightailed it back to my location. Roxy and I are stuck in the truck trying to get a break from the lighting and rain to get in the 5th wheel. Its pretty cool to see but to many lighting strikes right now to risk exposure.

The two craziest storms this year I have been in are both in Texas. When the trip was starting and now it is ending. Hmmmmm

View attachment 1058390
I was just seeing this on the news, I guess some flights in and out of DFW are canceled.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
so....went out and played some golf here on Friday. Played the Palmer course from the Silver tees. Wanted to play the gold but the others did not feel comfortable with that.

Ended up getting two birdies and 5 pars. The BIL didn't want to keep score so I stopped....lol Lets just say we have two completely different games and leave it at that :) I was real happy how I played as those rounds were just the second time I can recall playing in at least 5 years. Might have even been 7 years. When I get back to Scottsdale I am going to start playing on a regular basis and see how low I can get that handicap. At least that will be my intention.

Met up with Ace in The Hole in Gruene Hall and watched a concert put on by Junior Brown. Man....that guy sure can play the guitar. Nice crowd and everybody was extremely nice. Gotta love all those cowgirls dressed for the occasion. A really nice, cozy intimate place to watch a concert. A guy recognized my Cave Creek shirt and said they were from Glendale. Talked a bit with them and my sister was talking a lot to the wife about Pacific Grove where the ladies sister just moved from. Its a small world peeps.

Getting the truck serviced today and then Wed going for a ride out to Fredericksburg for lunch and a little putt.

Friday its on to NM and then Saturday heading back into Scottsdale.

Been quite a journey this year.

Will start thinking about the path to take next year. Thinking of heading NW and then fading east after that. We shall see. It will be nice to be in one place for a while.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Yesterday took the Harley and rode with my BIL out to Fredricksburg for lunch. We took back roads thru the country and it was a good day for riding. Went to the Nimitz compound and walked around checking out all of that. Great stop for anybody in the area. They have a cool downtown area with shops, restraunts and bars along with closeby wineries if that is something you like.

Today is laundry day and packing up. Leaving early in the AM for NM for a stop before getting back to AZ.

BY THE WAY.....Just saw an article about the Tail of The Dragon thru the mountains between NC and TN. I think that is where I drove when I left NC into TN heading back down to FL. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made it thru with the trailer and all. I can attest there were many many hairpin turns. Sometimes you need to take a little closer look at the GPS path before heading out.....lol Glad I survived that path. It was very pretty and I was there early in the morning but I couldn't be looking around like a friggin tourist.
Outlets_2015.jpg

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Didn't you hear?
While you were out galavanting around, Scottsdale and Cave Creek both closed.
You may have to apply for a variance.

Miller Lite helps with that.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Didn't you hear?

I don't think Robert & Jen would complain one bit if he had to camp out in TX long term lol, We'd make room for him to squat on the drive too just so he doesn't have to deviate from his precious Bud Light 😂

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I don't think Robert & Jen would complain one bit if he had to camp out in TX long term lol, We'd make room for him to squat on the drive too just so he doesn't have to deviate from his precious Bud Light 😂
Nomads need Bud Lights…keeps us in shape ;)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Didn't you hear?

Galavanting???? “We talkin’ ‘bout galavanting? G A L A V A N T I N G?!”

Some will get it. Lol

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Last night on the road was fun. Stayed at a winery via HH and drank a good bottle of wine while a DJ played tunes outside. It was a good night. Roxy worked the waitresses for salami while she sat with me on the patio. Stayed here the first stop when I started the trip.

https://lescombeswinery.com/locations/deming/

5787AFA2-E122-4618-A04B-2A3DEFF5BFB6.jpeg
5787AFA2-E122-4618-A04B-2A3DEFF5BFB6.jpeg

Attachments

• 783CDBED-0BF3-431F-A4A1-8DFE42FEFC01.jpeg
    783CDBED-0BF3-431F-A4A1-8DFE42FEFC01.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 7EBA51F9-A0AE-4D84-A4AB-671DAC1A355C.jpeg
    7EBA51F9-A0AE-4D84-A4AB-671DAC1A355C.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 65
  • F3D596A8-B386-4AF6-BC7D-3C4E59C6FC95.jpeg
    F3D596A8-B386-4AF6-BC7D-3C4E59C6FC95.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 69

RichL

Reaction score

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Settled back in in AZ. Feels good looking forward to being in one place for a while.

Thats a wrap peeps. Hope you felt like you were along for the ride from time to time. I could have added lots more to share but did my best. Thanks for following it thru with me.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
When are you gonna start chapter 2?

😉
Next year I think I will flip it and start NW before fire season starts. Couldnt head west because of all those fires ;(

Dont know if I will document it all though.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Thank you and dam you for making me very jealous of your adventure .
It was probably the only positive thread in the last year and thank you for that too ! Enjoy the rest

Taboma

Reaction score
Certainly enjoyed tagging along on your journey and appreciate you taking the time to share. Hope we get a few peeks at next year's adventure as well. 👍👍👍

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
To any mods out there......

Can you move this thread to the

Road Trip / Motorhome & RV Adventures​

Thanks

hman442

Reaction score
I enjoyed seeing America through through your lens, thank you for taking the time to let us follow along. Watching Roxie enjoy life, along side you, was a bonus. Looking forward to next year !

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Thanks for the ride a long. Great thread. You found some gems for camping! Enjoyed your stories, pics, and useful info throughout the trip. Hope you continue the posts when the wheels roll agin next year.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
The pics alone will keep this thread front & center all winter. The museum was incredible.
THANKS

Springfield

Reaction score
Think said it before but thanks Tom for taking us along on the trip. When and where is the next one? 🤓

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
:oops: holy shit, modern day cattle rustling.
Exactly…The entire community was taken by a guy they all grew up with.

I asked the older gentleman if he was still standing. He said yes but all his cattle were gone. I also asked why they all didnt just take justice in their own hands. Well, he was a god fearing man and nobody ever considered that. He was stressed obviously over what happened. The type of stress that has you grind your teeth just thinking about it ;(

I wished him well as I left. He was resigned to the fact that he and the others would never see a dime back. Sad story in the middle of America ;(

Springfield

Reaction score
Exactly…The entire community was taken by a guy they all grew up with.

I asked the older gentleman if he was still standing. He said yes but all his cattle were gone. I also asked why they all didnt just take justice in their own hands. Well, he was a god fearing man and nobody ever considered that. He was stressed obviously over what happened. The type of stress that has you grind your teeth just thinking about it ;(

I wished him well as I left. He was resigned to the fact that he and the others would never see a dime back. Sad story in the middle of America ;(
Maybe he was playing it off but there is a revenge plan. It’s damn sickening to hear this and knowing those residents have worked their ass to the bone for what they had yesterday.
Oh ya and he was a f-kn local dude. 🤬

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Maybe he was playing it off but there is a revenge plan. It’s damn sickening to hear this and knowing those residents have worked their ass to the bone for what they had yesterday.
Oh ya and he was a f-kn local dude. 🤬
You are right. Yep…they all grew up with him and that is how he gained their trust.