WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cruise control

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a long time lurker. What to chime in, but every time I get ready, someone posts what I was gonna say. Gotta be fast on this board. Anyway, I have a question. I have a 21' Kurtis RC, V-Drive, Turbo 400 trans, 600 hp, with a foot throttle. Anyone ever put cruise control in thier boat. My leg cramps up on long runs like from Katherines to Cottonwood. Looking to run from Bullhead to Havasu. If I posted this in the wrong section, is it ok to blame Brown.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I believe there's setups out there that are a dual foot throttle/hand throttle. I know some of the big cats have them so I don't see why it can't be adapted to work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Nope can't be done....impossible! Now I do have a nice Howard 24' V-drive cruiser with hand throttle that I'd trade straight across for your POS........:D

How about a properly placed brick?

CC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I believe there's setups out there that are a dual foot throttle/hand throttle. I know some of the big cats have them so I don't see why it can't be adapted to work for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

I would agree. hand throttle over ride would work? I'm not sure but I think Rex could sell something that would accomplish this?

Is that Kurtis a Spectra splash? Or is it different? Can't tell from the pic.

RD

Reaction score
I would agree. hand throttle over ride would work? I'm not sure but I think Rex could sell something that would accomplish this?

RD[/QUO

I believe Kurtis used Dimarco molds, then sold them to Canyon. It has the KURTIS 500 emblems. I'm told they were built for water ski racing. I've only found 3 other 21' Kurtis cruisers. It's a 1984. Others may know more.

Reaction score
Here's a better pic. 0426101840 (2).jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

RD[/QUO

I believe Kurtis used Dimarco molds, then sold them to Canyon. It has the KURTIS 500 emblems. I'm told they were built for water ski racing. I've only found 3 other 21' Kurtis cruisers. It's a 1984. Others may know more.

Good looking boat! If memory serves they stretched the cabin of a Spectra 20 a bit (bottom is the same) and then changed the detail on the top of the gunnel at the transom to a round instead of a flat edge like a Spectra. No doubt the Canyon's and Kurtis's were laid up better then the late 70's Spectra's were.

RD

Taboma

Reaction score
Kurtis Cruiser,
here's a link to a previous thread on this topic.

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?47431-In-Control-Foot-and-Hand-Throttle-setup

As I previously posted I'm running the In-Control foot / hand throttle on my Cole Nighthawk and love it.

But since the application of the hand throttle overrides the foot throttles ability to back off, you must train yourself

to only use one or the other. In other words the hand throttle actually controls the position of the foot throttle,

the foot throttle still controls the throttle cable.

I don't believe that In-Control is still in business, but I do see that CP Performance still lists In-Control throttles etc.

steveo143

Reaction score
Kurtis bought the molds from DiMarco, which was a straightened Howard bottom with a new deck mold that put the dash 18" forward and a bit wider. The DiMarco mold was made from a Howard 21 that had a fire that burned the deck. Kurtis eventually sold the mold to Canyon. Wish I knew what happened to it. For what it is costing me to redo my DiMarco 21', I could have built a new hull easily!