WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Bullhead Builds.

Mark G

Reaction score
I've been reading and searching past posts about building a home on my own lot in Bullhead. Some names I've found on RDP are Moran, Amerizona, and Kelco. These builders are not taking work in Bullhead right now due to Havasu being so busy. Morans only building spec homes in Havasu. I was following a couple build posts in Havasu but that seems like a 100 miles away right now for contractors. Any current home builds in progress? What contractors are you using. I know I'll get some flak, but a GC friend of mine is trying to talk me into pulling permits and subbing out the work myself, if I can't find a builder. 1200 to 1500sq foot range, nothing fancy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will ask around for you today and see what’s what. @2FORCEFULL might have some insights as he has built a few up there

PM me your number

Moabifam5

Reaction score
I have a number of a bad ass framer if you go that route who is also in Fort Mohave.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Were you the guy visiting his dirt lot in sunridge this past weekend and looked to be taking selfies with his wife/girlfriiend in front of the property? Gave me a good laugh seeing that and then my first thought was no way they get a property built on that lot any time soon. You could drive around to some of the builds in sunridge and see who has a project going thats what I would do.

BigMike

Reaction score
Patriot Estates is almost done building our new house in Fort Mohave. They have their own sub division but also build custom homes outside of that sub division, which is what we are doing. We are building a 2200 sqft 3 bed, 3 bath with a 1760 sqft garage in Los Lagos. DM me if you want more info.

Mark G

Reaction score
Were you the guy visiting his dirt lot in sunridge this past weekend and looked to be taking selfies with his wife/girlfriiend in front of the property? Gave me a good laugh seeing that and then my first thought was no way they get a property built on that lot any time soon. You could drive around to some of the builds in sunridge and see who has a project going thats what I would do.
That wasn't us. Lots on Ridge View. I'm going to be out there in the next week. We're old and married, lol..

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
That wasn't us. Lots on Ridge View. I'm going to be out there in the next week. We're old and married, lol..
Oh funny thought it was you. That guy probably had a lot of fun with his girl later that day to celebrate their purchase. That lot is the one pending on Park Ridge Ave with a 69K ask. He will probably be on here soon asking the same questions as you. Good luck with the build, I don't have the patience for a build I bought my place last month on Mccormick after sleeping on my friends couches for 20 years. Doing some ez remodeling, right now putting in new double vanity in the master bathroom and fixing all the little shit that didn't get done right/

satellitemike

Reaction score
Patriot Estates is almost done building our new house in Fort Mohave. They have their own sub division but also build custom homes outside of that sub division, which is what we are doing. We are building a 2200 sqft 3 bed, 3 bath with a 1760 sqft garage in Los Lagos. DM me if you want more info.
Thanks for the info Mike, I will look you up next time we are out your way!

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
Patriot estates builder has or had the old Bullhead city engineer involved. They build a very decent product. There is also Mass, fairway, mountain view, KTR and the guys doing twin palms( behind patriot on everglades) . They all use the small pool of subcontractors so it really depends on how involved you and the GC are. I would walk some of their builds in progress to see how they run.

BigMike

Reaction score
Patriot estates builder has or had the old Bullhead city engineer involved. They build a very decent product. There is also Mass, fairway, mountain view, KTR and the guys doing twin palms( behind patriot on everglades) . They all use the small pool of subcontractors so it really depends on how involved you and the GC are. I would walk some of their builds in progress to see how they run.
Yep, Pawan and his wife are Patriot Estates and Pawan is the former city engineer. Great guy. Straight shooter. No bull shit. And super easy to work with.

Mark G

Reaction score
Well here's an update. Finally retired from the City of LA in June after 33+years. The lot I bought is up for sale in Sunridge. The whole stick build / manafactured home process was a shit show. Too expensive and way to long of a wait. Very rare that any builder even got back to me.

Manufactured homes were up to a 2 year wait. The sales people weren't very responsive via email. Seems like they wanted you sitting in front of them like a car salesman.

I saw a home pop up for sale with a decent price, in the same area and pulled the trigger. Clean home with no junk, or wallpaper to deal with. Outdated but super clean. Currently in escrow and very excited. I'm really happy its a stick build and not a manafactured home due to valuation. Thanks all for the responses to the original thread!

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Congrats you see many lots selling and not many being built. The guy 2 doors down built his own and almost done. I'm on Mccormick with a view out the back.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Well here's an update. Finally retired from the City of LA in June after 33+years. The lot I bought is up for sale in Sunridge. The whole stick build / manafactured home process was a shit show. Too expensive and way to long of a wait. Very rare that any builder even got back to me.

Manufactured homes were up to a 2 year wait. The sales people weren't very responsive via email. Seems like they wanted you sitting in front of them like a car salesman.

I saw a home pop up for sale with a decent price, in the same area and pulled the trigger. Clean home with no junk, or wallpaper to deal with. Outdated but super clean. Currently in escrow and very excited. I'm really happy its a stick build and not a manafactured home due to valuation. Thanks all for the responses to the original thread!
Congrats new place and on the 33 years. There are a few LA City people here. I have 25 years with 6 to go. Mostly at the Airports.

D19

Reaction score
Neighbors on each side of my inlaws home are subbing their own builds and it seems to be taking them twice as long as GC builds.

Fairway Contractors
Pueblo

Last edited:

Mark G

Reaction score
Congrats you see many lots selling and not many being built. The guy 2 doors down built his own and almost done. I'm on Mccormick with a view out the back.
True. Hopefully I can sell the lot quick. Some sell fast, and some sit for a year, and even more. Have a funny feeling that I might lose a couple grand.