WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current insurance companies to look into for a cat style hull?

Qwiketz

Reaction score
Did a quick search but most of the threads are old. Who are all of you guys with cats using for insurance. Seems like many of the big names have gotten away from insuring these hull styles and just want v bottoms or pontoons.

stock engine if that helps.

Singleton

Reaction score
StateFarm has my deckboat.

I would call Nordic and ask who they refer customers to for insurance

stingray11

Reaction score
Did a quick search but most of the threads are old. Who are all of you guys with cats using for insurance. Seems like many of the big names have gotten away from insuring these hull styles and just want v bottoms or pontoons.

stock engine if that helps.
Yes it's a little bit ridiculous since a catamaran type boat is way more stable in rough water of equal lengths then a V bottom. When Crossing boat wakes in a cat they just jiggle a little when you cross a boat wake with a V bottom it's out of control I don't know where the insurance companies come up with this bs about a catamaran

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Markel American Insurance Company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
I have delt with them all. Brad Stern was the best.

Last edited:

blue wonder

Reaction score
Nikki Bostick W/ Farmers...does my DCB W/ twins no problem and VERY reasonable

KingofBeers

Reaction score
Another vote for Brad Stern. I was in a pickle trying to insure a 21' tunnel and he came through quickly with zero hassle. Just renewed my policy last week. 👍

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
How about going with the guy who actually goes to the events and runs his skater
Devin Wozencraft for the win

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Yes it's a little bit ridiculous since a catamaran type boat is way more stable in rough water of equal lengths then a V bottom. When Crossing boat wakes in a cat they just jiggle a little when you cross a boat wake with a V bottom it's out of control I don't know where the insurance companies come up with this bs about a catamaran

Sounds like a person that really needs to take the Tres Martin performance boat class

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score

LOL

stingray11

Reaction score
Sounds like a person that really needs to take the Tres Martin performance boat class
You have ever Circle raced a V bottom versus a tunnel Hull , I have both of them, let me know how that works out for you. Oh I should have said moderately rough water not ocean rough water, lakes

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
This 1 million times. Her team is fantastic, and if they can get our boats done, they can get anything done.

sintax

Reaction score

I second this, Call Nikki she was cheaper than my previous policy, with WAY better coverage. She had me my temp insurance emailed 10 min after I paid her. She also knows a good engine builder and machine shop if you're in need of some of that as well hah.

blue wonder

Reaction score
I second this, Call Nikki she was cheaper than my previous policy, with WAY better coverage. She had me my temp insurance emailed 10 min after I paid her. She also knows a good engine builder and machine shop if you're in need of some of that as well hah.
Haha yes me and James are good friends, he does all my engine stuff, top notch work for both of them, does make it hard to lie to you insurance lady though :)

sintax

Reaction score
Haha yes me and James are good friends, he does all my engine stuff, top notch work for both of them, does make it hard to lie to you insurance lady though :)

haha yea hes a cool dude, i had a good time with him when we were working on my last build for my RaysonCraft. I actually just FINALLY got it broken in last week.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Foremost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes on Foremost, forget who the agent was, don't recall if they distinguish between a mod vp style hull and a true tunnel. my Skater is still with them