WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

billperkins3@att.net

Reaction score

4Waters

4Waters
Reaction score
I just finished a zoom about a college level curriculum in HS for my daughter with several teachers, vice principal, an administrator from USC and dozens of other kids and their parents and completely forgot what shirt I was wearing. Hope I didn't offend anyone🤣🤣

20210210_202122.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Cool pics. Big nope on the cave thing!
It was way cool. 99% you could stand up normally. Some of the shafts with ladders look almost endless. The one the yellow dude hanging was hanging over we dropped a couple rocks into it which sounded extremely deep.
No rot in any of the timbers surprisingly. Found one dated 1927.

DWC

Reaction score
Made it in time for a late lunch and Thursday cruise night.
Ended up riding up to Jersey’s for a bite and some beers. We got there about 3pm and was surprised how packed it was. Quite a few cars and some good people watching. I’m not sure what time you’d have to get there to get the front row seats but we missed it. There were more boats on the water than there’s been in the last month. Kinda bummed it’s cooling down this weekend.
4EDE3C9B-F1CB-4511-802A-465085FA170D.jpeg

FF8330AA-3992-4433-8C2D-1BF648F2A679.jpeg
62ADB37B-1A91-4B26-B86F-9E077F887791.jpeg
D2E7B236-2D2C-482F-AC12-BDEF202DEBAC.jpeg
4ECA20C3-FEF9-47F5-B817-E7807DF2BEE9.jpeg
50CCE3CE-EBE4-4AFC-8BD0-55F8BCC56860.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Is this some private mine you were invited to explore ? Overall seems to be in working order.
Not a functioning mine but it's wide open to explore.
We found two entrances within a reasonable climb and we could see others at higher levels but petered out on the rather treacherous climb.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Friends

My Son Josh is a Master! This youngster came to work at JBP in the 90's on a Vocational work experience program, through the high school in his Junior and Senior years. He left school at noon and his last 4 classes for two years were at "Jet Boat University". Initially he cleaned parts, swept floors and was general shop help. After graduation he began working full time and has never worked a different job. Years back we bought our first lathe and mill and asked him to learn to use them. He also was "self taught" to learn to draw CAD and few may know he draws and designs the JBP parts we produce. He's a devoted and tireless worker. He's a "rock star" in my world.

BRING BACK VOCATIONAL EDUCATION!!!

Resized_20210210_175348_4653.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
Friends

My Son Josh is a Master! This youngster came to work at JBP in the 90's on a Vocational work experience program, through the high school in his Junior and Senior years. He left school at noon and his last 4 classes for two years were at "Jet Boat University". Initially he cleaned parts, swept floors and was general shop help. After graduation he began working full time and has never worked a different job. Years back we bought our first lathe and mill and asked him to learn to use them. He also was "self taught" to learn to draw CAD and few may know he draws and designs the JBP parts we produce. He's a devoted and tireless worker. He's a "rock star" in my world.

BRING BACK VOCATIONAL EDUCATION!!!

View attachment 972218
Glad it's working out having your son work for you !! Not always the case, seen that go sideways and wipe out entire relationships. My son came to work for me over 20 years ago after being raised by his mom. By the time I got him, he was kinda a mess and despite being in his later teens, it was like starting from scratch. It was like OJT with him working under my field crews during the day and his step mom and I at night. It was painful, so much anger, so many lies, be we persisted, pushing pushing, and then it all appeared it went to shit.
He was gone with promises broken, loaned money hanging and it felt like we'd accomplished nothing. But like the stories go, the seed had been planted, and just like that it was a new dawn and awakening.
Now many years later, every single effort was worth it, it's all come together even better then my wife and I could have imagined. The funny thing now is, he's the Alpha dog for the rest of the family, and I'm laughing my ass off watching from the bleachers.