WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
He has, they won't bite, they're good
Are they rifle or bow ? poaching ๐Ÿคฌ I donโ€™t know life span of deer but heโ€™s been there for years ๐Ÿ‘ , would like to walk back in and go shed hunting just need to make time . ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™

4Waters

4Waters
Reaction score
About 10 years ago i saw govt guys go into lake manor in their ghillie suits . I would of bet they were setting up to catch poachers . I hope they catch them .
Me too, when I worked on the ambulance my response area for 5 years was Agoura, Westlake Village, Calabasas and Malibu, I was always in the lookout.

4Waters

4Waters
Reaction score
Are they rifle or bow ? poaching ๐Ÿคฌ I donโ€™t know life span of deer but heโ€™s been there for years ๐Ÿ‘ , would like to walk back in and go shed hunting just need to make time . ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ™
Pretty sure both as when we were posting at Piuma Rd sometimes you would hear a (one) random gun shot in the hills but F&G thinks bow as well.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Never had Moose but they say , if you like deer and try Elk you will never eat deer again , if you like Elk and try Moose you will never eat Elk again . ๐Ÿ˜Ž I have had Elk = Dam good
Once we finally got power back yesterday, our freezer held well but the top shelf had a couple packages of Moose burger and some bacon that was getting soft. So tonight I made moose tacos.

View attachment 973748

Rendered some of the bacon for a little fat in the moose.
View attachment 973749

View attachment 973750

View attachment 973752

View attachment 973753

View attachment 973754

View attachment 973755

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Pretty sure both as when we were posting at Piuma Rd sometimes you would hear a (one) random gun shot in the hills but F&G thinks bow as well.
I thought , maybe Low river can chime in ? That they had ( law officers ) had a tool that could kind of pin point where a shot came from , then go to that area ? I could be wrong . Utah you can use a suppressor as they are legal not sure while hunting ?

4Waters

4Waters
Reaction score
I thought , maybe Low river can chime in ? That they had ( law officers ) had a tool that could kind of pin point where a shot came from , then go to that area ? I could be wrong . Utah you can use a suppressor as they are legal not sure while hunting ?
Those microphones are usually up on power poles city buildings.....so it makes it easy in the city but won't work well in the Santa Monica Mountains

boatdoc55

Retired Boat Mechanic
Reaction score
They need to setup one of there decoys . They have ones tgat turn there head and tails
Game cops had one where I'm from on the Oregon Coast. It was an Elk though and we named it "Bullwinkle". Saw it several times during elk season. Once one has seen a lot of elk you can spot the imposter out pretty darn quick. The game cops will set him up along a higher elevation above a back road and just wait. They nab people all the time and you never know when you're going to see ol' Bullwinkle.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Game cops had one where I'm from on the Oregon Coast. It was an Elk though and we named it "Bullwinkle". Saw it several times during elk season. Once one has seen a lot of elk you can spot the imposter out pretty darn quick. The game cops will set him up along a higher elevation above a back road and just wait. They nab people all the time and you never know when you're going to see ol' Bullwinkle.
The worst part is it out of season no mating and most the time they just take the head the rest is wasted I am for shooting the fuckers on site just like they did .

Last edited:

SoCalDave

Reaction score

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Nope.....Hawaiian
If you are going to hawaii...always fly hawaiian. Better service, better planes, better people. And you are supporting my cousins who are flight attendants, and pilots lol. They are also the best to fly when transporting doggo's back and forth lol

They have the best first class by far also..I like my vodka tonics on the tarmac lol

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
If you are going to hawaii...always fly hawaiian. Better service, better planes, better people. And you are supporting my cousins who are flight attendants, and pilots lol. They are also the best to fly when transporting doggo's back and forth lol

They have the best first class by far also..I like my vodka tonics on the tarmac lol
Yep, only fly Hawaiian, Been platinum status for some time now, First class lay down seats are amazing.

dave29

Reaction score
Is that Walsenburg area ? we almost bought 420 acres there wifey said we didnโ€™t need that much land , now she says we fucked up should have bought it .
No. Not Walsenburg. La Plata county which is about 4 hours west. Walsenburg......... I couldn't live there. Really a freeway town just off the Hwy 25.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Ha ha
My wife almost walked over to you guys to ask for a marg off that set up. She decided not to seem weird in these times . We were to the left of you
Too funny, she should have. I saw your margarita set up so I know exactly where you guys were sitting. Wish I would have known!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Ha ha
My wife almost walked over to you guys to ask for a marg off that set up. She decided not to seem weird in these times ๐Ÿ˜„. We were to the left of you ๐Ÿ‘
Holy shit I just saw that , I thought it was just a center piece . ๐Ÿ˜Ž